Top critical review
44 people found this helpful
Difficult to play and IAP''s for real money! See my instructions on how to turn off IAP's on the Kindle Fire!
on July 20, 2012
Update: I have written step by step instructions on how to turn off IAP's on your Kindle Fire at the bottom of this review. I hope this information is helpful to you should you choose to turn off this feature.
The game graphics are OK but game play may be difficult depending on the sensitivity of your motion sensors within your device. The objects to hit or avoid are in one of three lanes and they are sometimes stacked close together in the same lane and it forces you to hit a red object in order to collect the blue object you may need. The objects can also come after a slight hill and this does not provide you much time to respond as you are moving very fast. The game is difficult as that in after 10 tries I haven't completed the first level. I hope you can fly better than me.
There are objects that have to be hit to collect to help you race:
* Auto repair automatically repairs the craft's shields over time
* Multiplier multiplies the points gathered on the track
* Advanced ion reactor lets you squeeze out more energy from gathered ion orbs
* Head start skips the easy part and lets you jump right into the high velocities
* Red objects that you should avoid or crush using the strike mode
* Blue crush objects for points
* Blue cross - crush 3 to repair the craft's shields
* Ion orbs replenish your craft's energy that is used in strike and focus modes.
You also receive points and Kions for collecting ion orbs
Kions are your currency to buy upgrades for your craft. You can earn them in game play or buy them with real money. You can buy:
* 15,000 for $.99
* 50,000 for $1.99
* 200,000 for $3.99
* 500,000 for $4.99 and credits apply only to the single device that you purchased them on.
This app is rated for ages 9 and up but downloads Dynamic Content which means:
This application contains content that is downloading real-time, based on inputs from the user or developer. The maturity rating associated with this application pertains only to the static elements of the application and does not cover any dynamic information (e.g. websites, friend postings, tweets). Dynamic content is defined as any content that may change within the application. Content can include animations, video or audio.
This warning shown above is from Amazon.
The app size is 20.1 MB per their specs but can vary depending on downloads.
Permissions asked for are:
Storage -Modify/delete internal storage
Find your network location - coarse
Network communications - full internet access
Network communication - view network state
I find the game's action frustrating to play and the controls are very slow to respond. I don't endorse IAP's and as a result I give this game one star.
Do to the continued insistence of App Developers to include the IAP's option in their apps I thought I would provide step by step directions on how to turn off the ability to buy IAP's on your Kindle Fire. I hope this helps you.
How to turn off In App Purchases on your Kindle Fire:
* Tap on the Home key and go to the Home page of your Kindle Fire
* Touch the Apps tab on top of the screen
* Touch the Store tab on top of the screen on the RH side
* Touch the menu button located in the center of the screen on the very bottom of the page. It looks like a page of written paper.
* Touch the Settings icon
* Touch In-App Purchasing
* Unclick the "Allow In-App item Purchases" box
* A window will pop up and allow you to enter your Amazon Account Password. Enter your password and touch continue.
* You have now turned off your In-App Purchases option and this will help to keep your children or yourself from accidently placing orders.
Turning off the feature in this manner shuts off IAP's for all apps you may download. If you wish to turn this feature back on then just repeat this process and check the box to turn on In-App purchases and re-enter your Amazon password. This lock only applies to turning off IAP's and does not affect your one touch buying which you may also wish to disable. This is your personal preference.