Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now STEM

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$7.99

Showing 1-10 of 142 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 171 reviews
on September 8, 2013
First of all, I don't write reviews - on anything - but I want to tell the world how great this band is. I found out about Walk The Moon because of a single was included in an Amazon "Artists On The Rise" playlist. I liked what I heard, so I bought the album several months ago and I've listened and enjoyed it numerous times. With that being said, I have to admit that didn't fully appreciate this band until I saw them live at a music festival very recently. Walk The Moon is a high energy, fun loving bunch and it really comes through in their songs. I listen to this album driving in the car, while doing the dreaded dishes (with disdain - I hate doing the dishes) and even at work. It is pretty solid from start to finish. If you want to have a little fun and listen to some feel-good music, do yourself a favor and buy this album. *Warning* side effects may include dancing, smiling and an inability to sit still.
on July 31, 2012
I fell in love with Walk the Moon the first time I heard their album I Want! I Want! and after seeing them perform one of the best live shows I've ever seen, I have even more respect for them, but the release of this "somewhat" new album through RCA is over produced and lacks the rawness and energy of the former. I have the biggest issue with the mixing of this album. Usually I complain that people tend to bury vocals, but Nic's vocals are too in-your-face on this album and takes away from his great instrumental arrangements, and the reverb and echoes are just annoying. In addition, Nic appears to have slightly changed the way he sings on this album to a more feminine style that almost sounds like a lisp on some songs, such as Jenny. I enjoy the new songs, especially shiver, but I feel like the boys could have done a better job without RCA. The only song that "might" have been improved was Iscariot b/c it is shorter, faster, and has just a little more energy with choral harmonies. RCA made the album sound more dated and less edgy. To me this is RCA's way of lamely reproducing an already perfect album just so they can make money off them. No doubt RCA has been able to promote and sky-rocket WTM to the top with their connections and promotional ability, but RCA would have been better off to wait to release a completely new album that wouldn't be competing or compared with a previously flawless album. Looking forward to the next album, and I hope RCA is more hands-off on the next one.

P.S. I really wanted to rate this album a **, but I love these guys too much and didn't want to discourage others from discovering them.
on August 6, 2015
Others have reviewed this product in greater detail, with better-explained musical knowledge, but here's my two cents' worth anyway. :)

I bought this album because I wanted something fun and catchy to listen to while driving, and this definitely fulfills that purpose; plus it features what I think of as my summer anthem, "Anna Sun". Not only is this song catchy and enjoyable to sing along to, but the lyrics pretty accurately describe a United-States-twenty-something demographic in a fun way: they nod to nostalgia ("station wagon rides") and describe what people my age are currently known for ("we got no money but we got heart!"). The rest of the songs are just as enjoyable to listen to.

Anyway, I've had this album for a couple of months now, and have listened to it quite a lot but I'm not sick of it yet! If you're looking for a light, fun, summer-y sounding album, I'd recommend giving this a go. :)
on September 21, 2016
This album is described as "pure unadulterated fun" and it fills that description time and time again. Walk The Moon's self-titled, first on-label, record is hands down one of the most energetic, lively, and empowering records of the last decade. From hit singles Anna Sun, Tightrope, and Next In Line to the slower Iscariot, this album is never boring.
I can't skip a track when I listen to it. That's really saying something as I've listened to this since it's release in June 2012. Even after four years I still relish in every note that is played.
on June 19, 2012
I was surprised to learn that Walk the Moon was a band that originated in the States. Something about the band's sound conjures up memories of Blur (circa PARKLIFE). Their selftitled album is full of electronic rock anthems; it's poppy, fun, and exciting. The slippery guitar riffs, the distorted bass, the pounding drums -- it all makes for layered music that is very accessible and really engaging. It's a great major-label debut - this band is going to find an even bigger audience than its previous ANNA SUN EP allowed.

The album opens with "Quesadilla," an introduction that begins with fluttering synthesizers before launching into a rolling Johnny Marr-esque guitar riff. "Lisa Baby" launches the band into a fun, poppy, electronic number. I was familiar with the Walk the Moon's breakout song "Anna Sun," but I have to admit that the rest of the album does a good job of matching this songs quality; it's not even the best song on this album. "Jenny," a Maroon 5-like track, sounds destined for play in dance-clubs. WALK THE MOON is consistently good, but I will agree with other reviewers that I wasn't crazy about "Iscariot," a slow track that doesn't quite pack a punch. The album is concluded with the fantastic "I Can Lift a Car;" a track that is optimistic and melodic. It ends WALK THE MOON with a calm, determined smile.

While this genre doesn't usually grab me, WALK THE MOON is fantastic; I loved this album. It's engaging, accessible, and energetic. This band is destined for big things. Fans of Young the Giant, Two-Door Cinema Club, Imagine Dragons, or Grouplove will find a lot here to enjoy. Standout tracks: "Lisa Baby," "Anna Sun," "Jenny," and "I Can Lift a Car." Sampling these songs here on Amazon will give you a good idea of what to expect from this album.
This is my introduction to Walk the Moon. What a hot blast it is. "Anna Sun" is utterly addictive with its epic sound, throbbing guitars and voracious vocals, "What can I say, this house is falling apart; We got no money, be we got heart; We're gonna rattle this ghost town." Jenny is another of my favorites with its pulsing rhythm and shotgun lyric, "Jenny, got your number; and I got you for the summer; it's a bummer that things go fast, but these days have been running like sand through the hourglass." "Fixin'" hits the sweet spot with its mix of keyboards and guitar and those high melodic notes, "Don't even tell me where we are going, just walk by my side." "I Can Lift A Car" oozes through the speakers with a romantic pop, "You kiss me on the futon." Walk the Moon's self-titled CD is pure delight! Enjoy!
on April 24, 2015
Debut album of an awesome up-and-coming band. Mainstream pop hooks mixed with awesome indy riffs and meaningful lyrics about girls with varying names. Love it.

This band is one of my new favorites. I great up listening to Green Day, then got into the likes of Saves the Day, Dashboard, New Found Glory, etc. Now I am into Vampire Weekend, these guys, and a bunch others. If you like Foster the People, you'd probably love Walk the Moon too.

5/5
on March 20, 2013
I had heard a couple songs of theirs on the radio, or something of the likes. Decided to buy the album for $1.99, would have been just as satisfied if I had paid full price. Overall it's a pretty decent album if you're into this genre.
on August 10, 2012
I stumbled upon this album while searching for music on my kindle fire. While I normally do not make digital purchases from the amazon store (such as music and apps) I have been checking recently for good deals. Earlier in the week I had purchased Frank Oceans's Channel ORANGE for three dollars. What a steal that was. So when I saw this album for three dollars I was instantly intrigued. From the original name to the catchy cover art, everything seemed in place for a great band. When I started listening to samples I was very surprised and pleased. I went ahead with the purchase which wasn't exactly a huge risk, but I still knew next to nothing about the band. The album only has 11 songs with around 43 minutes of music. Not exactly a huge album. However, I was impressed with every single song in the album. From popular "Anna Sun" to opener "Quesadilla" the album is loads of fun. What impressed me the most however was the track titled "Iscariot." While it feels slightly out of place because of the tempo and mood, it is easily my favorite song of the album. The progression is brilliant. I can't wait to hear more of this band's awesome music.
on August 2, 2016
We love Walk the Moon!. Their sound is unique and fun to listen to. I first heard them a few years ago on an online 'new indie music first' channel at work and was hooked! "Anna Sun" was like nothing I'd heard before and I just had to hear more from them. My kids love listening to this band, too. I like that I can listen to their music in my car with my kids and not have to worry about anything inappropriate. This entire album is so easy to sing & dance along to!