Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 143 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 172 reviews
on August 2, 2016
We love Walk the Moon!. Their sound is unique and fun to listen to. I first heard them a few years ago on an online 'new indie music first' channel at work and was hooked! "Anna Sun" was like nothing I'd heard before and I just had to hear more from them. My kids love listening to this band, too. I like that I can listen to their music in my car with my kids and not have to worry about anything inappropriate. This entire album is so easy to sing & dance along to!
on August 10, 2012
I stumbled upon this album while searching for music on my kindle fire. While I normally do not make digital purchases from the amazon store (such as music and apps) I have been checking recently for good deals. Earlier in the week I had purchased Frank Oceans's Channel ORANGE for three dollars. What a steal that was. So when I saw this album for three dollars I was instantly intrigued. From the original name to the catchy cover art, everything seemed in place for a great band. When I started listening to samples I was very surprised and pleased. I went ahead with the purchase which wasn't exactly a huge risk, but I still knew next to nothing about the band. The album only has 11 songs with around 43 minutes of music. Not exactly a huge album. However, I was impressed with every single song in the album. From popular "Anna Sun" to opener "Quesadilla" the album is loads of fun. What impressed me the most however was the track titled "Iscariot." While it feels slightly out of place because of the tempo and mood, it is easily my favorite song of the album. The progression is brilliant. I can't wait to hear more of this band's awesome music.
on June 19, 2012
I was surprised to learn that Walk the Moon was a band that originated in the States. Something about the band's sound conjures up memories of Blur (circa PARKLIFE). Their selftitled album is full of electronic rock anthems; it's poppy, fun, and exciting. The slippery guitar riffs, the distorted bass, the pounding drums -- it all makes for layered music that is very accessible and really engaging. It's a great major-label debut - this band is going to find an even bigger audience than its previous ANNA SUN EP allowed.

The album opens with "Quesadilla," an introduction that begins with fluttering synthesizers before launching into a rolling Johnny Marr-esque guitar riff. "Lisa Baby" launches the band into a fun, poppy, electronic number. I was familiar with the Walk the Moon's breakout song "Anna Sun," but I have to admit that the rest of the album does a good job of matching this songs quality; it's not even the best song on this album. "Jenny," a Maroon 5-like track, sounds destined for play in dance-clubs. WALK THE MOON is consistently good, but I will agree with other reviewers that I wasn't crazy about "Iscariot," a slow track that doesn't quite pack a punch. The album is concluded with the fantastic "I Can Lift a Car;" a track that is optimistic and melodic. It ends WALK THE MOON with a calm, determined smile.

While this genre doesn't usually grab me, WALK THE MOON is fantastic; I loved this album. It's engaging, accessible, and energetic. This band is destined for big things. Fans of Young the Giant, Two-Door Cinema Club, Imagine Dragons, or Grouplove will find a lot here to enjoy. Standout tracks: "Lisa Baby," "Anna Sun," "Jenny," and "I Can Lift a Car." Sampling these songs here on Amazon will give you a good idea of what to expect from this album.
on March 23, 2013
If you like bands like Rooney, Phoenix, Two Door Cinema Club, then you might like Walk the Moon. I like their rhythmic style and upbeat tempos. When I have a hard day I put their music on and it makes me feel better.

Interestingly, a lot of the songs are "romantically" charged in a fun way and somehow that doesn't bother me, which I generally find annoying. The song "Jenny" for example, is fun: "Jenny's got a body just like an hourglass / But I'm taking my time, taking my time / I wanna be the sand inside that hourglass / Take it slow, oh, oh, gonna make it last..."

There is depth to their music, though. Iscariot is pretty deep as well: "Until now, I knew this of myself / That if you had thrown yourself down / Into the lion's den / My brother I'd follow you in / Perhaps I lack some foresight (should have known) / But brother you were so right ... I never imagined you dead (I never) / But tell me, are you even aware / That all that we did, you undo? / Iscariot, you fool..."

I recommend. Enjoy.
This is my introduction to Walk the Moon. What a hot blast it is. "Anna Sun" is utterly addictive with its epic sound, throbbing guitars and voracious vocals, "What can I say, this house is falling apart; We got no money, be we got heart; We're gonna rattle this ghost town." Jenny is another of my favorites with its pulsing rhythm and shotgun lyric, "Jenny, got your number; and I got you for the summer; it's a bummer that things go fast, but these days have been running like sand through the hourglass." "Fixin'" hits the sweet spot with its mix of keyboards and guitar and those high melodic notes, "Don't even tell me where we are going, just walk by my side." "I Can Lift A Car" oozes through the speakers with a romantic pop, "You kiss me on the futon." Walk the Moon's self-titled CD is pure delight! Enjoy!
on June 5, 2013
I accidentally saw Walk the Moon in Dallas two years ago as an opener for Fitz and the Tantrums and have been in love since. The poppy beats and extremely catchy lyrics make them the perfect background music for parties and rocking out in your car alone.

Aside from the CD (which is obviously awesome), these guys are INCREDIBLE live!!! LoTS of energy, excitement, and general LOVE for what these guys do! They LOVE what they do...so so fun to watch them. I've had the pleasure of seeing them twice now and can't wait for fall when they come back to TX.

Trust me, this is a band you want to get to know NOW. They are quickly rising to the top and I dont know about you--but, I want to be there to see it all!!!!
on April 28, 2017
Love Walk The Moon! Great CD. Bought a 2nd CD also.
on March 24, 2015
I don't like it as much as Talking as Hard, but it does feature the two songs that originally got me hooked on Walk the Moon -- Jenny and Anna Sun -- and I ain't mad at it. Quesadilla and Next in Line are fun. Iscariot is weirdly introspective, but in a good way. Shiver Shiver is catchy if you like a high falsetto. I Can Lift a Car is... weird? But it grows on you. I refuse to even acknowledge Lisa Baby. Sorry, WTM.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2012
I knew Walk the Moon was awesome after the songs on their EP became some of my most played in a matter of weeks. I was worried, though, that they might have released all of their best songs early and then the album might flop. Well, I was an idiot.

The entire album is a dance party, minus one or two songs, and everyone at a really great dance party needs a break every once in a while. I love the slower songs on their own. They're heartfelt and lovely and have become some of my favorites on the album.

This has become one of my favorite album purchases of the year.
on June 17, 2013
Last summer, I was just getting into the indie crowd, and these guys were one of the first bands I'd fallen in love with. Originally from my home town of Cincinnati, Walk the Moon is all the rage with people of all ages and everybody in our fine city loves them. Unfortunately, I lent it to my ex boyfriend months ago and never received it back, so I can't listen to it in my car anymore... But I can't wait to see them for the second time this summer when they're playing Bunbury Fest in Cincy! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!