Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

Merrick Grain Free Real Buffalo & Sweet Potato Dry Dog Food, 25 lb.
Flavor Name: Buffalo|Size: 25 Pound|Change

on August 22, 2015
This food has been working out great so far. Switched to it after finding out was poisoning my dogs with another food I THOUGHT was made in the US. One of my dogs might not make it, I've been taking him to the vet and nursing him with my own researched food that I make and prepare for him, and supplements, also American made and sourced. I have found some quality products, and their makers, on this site, who have been very helpful. An interesting event was how my other dog, a German Shepard mix with an incredibly sensitive stomach, made the switch to this without ANY repercussions! THAT BEING SAID, the store where I buy this has very knowledgable employees( a nice contrast to some bigger pet food chains where their mission is to not be found for questions, LOL). And they have informed me that THIS BRAND HAS BEEN BOUGHT BY PURINA, so, the INGREDIANTS, up to now all sourced in Texas, may start coming from somewhere else ( gee, where might that be...?) and my store will know when that happens. Then it's on to another US made and sourced only food. At some point I'm sure this will become impossible, and hopefully by then I will feel confident enough in my knowledge to just prepare all my dog's food.

01/18/2016: Update; called Merrick today. Emily states they remain "China free." The only food they import is lamb from New Zealand and duck from France. I will continue to call them from time to time to keep checking on this.
218 helpful votes
219 helpful votes
88 comments|Report abuse
on December 24, 2016
My pitbull Shamay had all kinds of food allergies, and after just one week on the Merrick lamb and sweet potato flavor her allergies went away. She also loves the flavor. Thank you Merrick, We will continue to feed this brand to our dog. We will recommend Merrick to all our friends. We got this omega oil product that is great for our pitbull Vitapet Omega Fish Oil Chewables with EPA and DHT for Dogs with CoQ10. I was skeptical at first because these are so inexpensive but, man was I proven wrong!! My pitbull suffered from yeast on his paws, was very congested, and had eye boogies with the change in season. I knew it was not his food since we had already won the food allergy battle so my next thought was environmental. After spending $$$ at the vet for anti itch pills, I wanted to prevent the problems rather than treat the itching so I came across these chews and Brooks LOVES them and his coat is now SUPER SHINEY/ soft (his coat was never a concern it looked great before and now even better!!!), his congestion is gone, and no more eye boogies!! All you need to do is follow the dosage determined by weight and that's it! They have become part of our routine and I can tell my little buddy is feeling so much better! I divide the dosage and give half in the AM and half in the PM. Since Brooks is over 65 pounds, he gets 6 chewys a day.
98 helpful votes
99 helpful votes
33 comments|Report abuse
on November 9, 2017
Great dog food. My golden loves it. I saw an ad for an expensive joint supplement for dogs on TV the other day. I was thinking about getting it for my dog and then I thought... I better check the ingredients of his dog food, it may already have that stuff (glucosamine hydrochloride and chondroitin sulfate) in it already. And sure enough this dog food has 2X the amount per serving of both of these than the expensive supplement does! Great to know that I'm feeding my dog something that is so good for him.
on November 29, 2014
My two younger dogs have been fighting allergies since they were puppies. I've been feeding them Taste of the Wild but wanted to try a new food to see if it would make a difference. All three of my dogs LOVE the Merrick Duck and Sweet Potato food. It smells good and they gobble it right up. I don't know that it's helped my dogs' allergies - I'm thinking they are allergic to the coral dust here - but it does seem like high quality food. I would keep them on it but the price went up $10 per bag since my first order; therefore, I will go back to Taste of the Wild.

The order did arrive in a timely manner and in good condition. I took off a star because of the high price.
on July 30, 2015
NOTE: Duplicate of my review for the Beef:
I bought this product since it was 100% made in America, grain-free, and highly rated. But my dog couldn't adjust to it. I tried this one, and the Beef too. Same results...messy poops :-(
I think it's just different dogs have different digestive system sensitivities. Not a reflection of the food, just my experience with it. I have found another brand that works well that is grain-free, although not 100% sourced in the US...so still looking for that.

Recommendation: Try it as an option.
on January 26, 2016
My puppies, both age 8, love the Merrick Puppy Recipe so I purchased the Merrick Adult food. They both enjoy the puppy recipe flavor more than the adult. But it's a very well balanced dry food for adult dogs and they do seem to like it. I was recently introduced to Merrick Dog Foods and I'm glad I took notice. I've purchased four very large bags since November 2016.
on February 3, 2016
I buy it every month, I should try the subscription option. My dogs even love the diet variety that I alternate every other month. Perhaps I should order two and mix them, but there seems no need and so I break up the monotony a bit that way. I'll leave five stars every month, but the postal staff does not seem to like it much that I put this chore upon them...the boxes always seem a bit overly damaged, probably people not expecting the density of 25 lbs.
on July 19, 2017
My dog liked it right from the beginning. Vet recommended rabbit since my dog has food allergies. I could not find rabbit at Petco or Pet Smart. Their dog food with rabbit also had other types of meat mixed in. It will take a while to see if this food cures his allergies. Price is pretty good and free shipping with Prime.
on March 8, 2015
I have tried many brands of food for my English Bulldog. We stuck with this one for a while but recently had to switch to another brand. He loved this food and it was a great price here on Amazon compared to our local pet stores and I love that it comes right to our door in 2 days. His poop was still not solid and firm after a couple of months with this food so we switched to something else. So this didn't really work for him.
on August 30, 2016
I have a rescue dog, and when we first got him he was suffering from a large amount of dandruff. I was told grain-free and salmon would help and this was great brand. His fur has cleared up soo much and even looks shinier! If you're dog suffers from dandruff I would also suggest fish oil vitamins and doggy multivitamins.