Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Esprit De Four
Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 29, 2012
Like many reviewers I am a long term fan of the group,both collectively and sigularly. My feelings about this album is that it is very smooooth.It is a great listening album, with the influences of each member can easily be heard. Being a big fan of Chuck Loeb,I'm pleased with how he has been able to integrate himself into the band. While I'm not a big fan of his wife Carmen Questa,his influence has led the band in a different direction,which is just great. The hub sill remains Bob James,one of the finest musicians of our generation. For this band to last 20 years and still evolve is a testament to him and the real pros who have contributed over the years.I'm sure there will be some who will pan this album. Don't listen to them!
30 helpful votes
31 helpful votes
on October 13, 2012
This was a present for my husband's birthday and neither one of us were disappointed. We have all the previous Fourplay music. I was so afraid that, as so often happens to bands that have played together consistently well, the group would veer off onto an unusual path in the quest for something new and end up with something just different and not pleasing. Espirit De Four is a gem, each song better than the next! Loved it!
15 helpful votes
16 helpful votes
on April 7, 2013
Having collected each and every project this group has ever recorded I continued my quest and was merely 'satisfied' with this latest offering. Over the years I have heard better from Fourplay, even though this is not purely negative critique. Even as I have followed and attended each and every one their concerts in my area I have been asking myself and other music lovers which direction this group seems to heading. From the first track on their very first CD, Fourplay has always delivered a style that we grew to appreciate. But as of late, throughout their last 2 or 3 CDs, the flavor of their music has taken a twist into an area that has myself and others needing to allow their music to grow on us. I am a true to heart Bob James fan and do see this latest offering in the area of some of Bob's earlier works. Again, this is not a complaint, but not exactly what I was expecting.
on July 30, 2017
great sounds.
on October 23, 2013
I've been crazy about this group from the beginning. Extraordinary musicians. Each is a master in his own right. Together they are a symphony of smoothness. Don't hesitate to get this disc, you'll love it!
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on October 24, 2012
I have been Fourplay's number one fan from the beginning and they have never come close to disappointing me and my family. They are truly a supergroup of smooth jazz. The Best of the Best and just like a fine wine they get better with time! The album is amazing for it moves me to a higher plain of thinking and relaxing... It makes you look back to a more gentler and innocent time of your life when you smile alittle bit more and laugh to your heart's content. It's smooth, it's amazing, it,s Fourplay!!!
on August 4, 2014
I have been following Fourplay and Bob James for many years: Bob James since around 1975, and Fourplay since its creation when Ritenour was the guitarist, then Carlton. This is consistent with the other Fourplay creations.
2 helpful votes
on July 12, 2013
This group has drawn me in for the past 10+ years. Back in the middle 1990's, I had a chance to see them live in Phoenix, Arizona and they were just as awesome then as they are now! If you need some tunes to mellow out to after a hard day, as I do so often, you will definitely enjoy this new project from Fourplay.
2 helpful votes
on August 12, 2016
Big fan of Four Play for many years. Both of these CDs are terrific. Do miss Larry Carlton but he has some new music out too.
on February 12, 2013
Heavy influence from Chuck Loeb - definitely taking the group in a new direction. These guys are such pro's. They make th hard stuff sound easy and melodic. You can tell thy're all mellowed out, just playing what they love. My fave is Sonnymoon, with the title track coming in a close 2nd. Also some nice vocals, which is relatively new for Fourplay. A solid album...