Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

What A Life
Format: Audio CD|Change

on February 9, 2013
This girl is the real deal... she has a way of delivering a song that is uniquely her own. I was blown-away by just how good her first album was and kept anticipating a second... but 7 years is just too long, I nearly gave up on her ever releasing another. Apparently a lot has changed over those years as her choices in music has moved from an updated 40's style (similar to what Rene Olstead does) of her first album to a more 'pop style' arrangement of tunes (and unfortunately the words don't always turn as neatly). There are no moments of playfulness as we heard on her first album, however she still is very effective in getting her emotions across and this is what makes her so special. Though I perferred her earlier music selections, I've been listening to this CD all day and it gets better with each listen... just hope it won't take another 7 years for her next album to come out, there are so few young female singers of her caliber around.

UPDATE: Now I know that the wait for her second album was far too long. She is probably the greatest female singing talent that nobody's heard of. My first impression of this new album was tainted by expectations of more songs in the vane of her first album but I must say that after listening to this CD for a month now, I can say finally "I really get it now"... this album is as fantastic as her first only its different. No great talent can just stagnate and so she moved on in her music during those 7 years and it took me a month to catch-up to where she is today and to fully appreciate the strength of this album. The lyrics, the phrasing, the voice, this girl has it all... This girl is great! she is the "real deal" when so many other female vocalists today are just trying to be somebody else, copying someone else's style, etc... whereas Erin is pure originality and ahead of the curve. She just needs more exposure.

Update: Haven't listen to this CD in about a year and today began playing it again... (I consume my favorite music like a vampire where I feast on it deeply for several months and then put it away for awhile until it is again time to feast)... I am again struck by just how good this girl is. How she is able to translate her feelings through her singing (and song writing) is so rare to find in any artist today. I simply cannot believe she isn't a huge hit... perhaps its the inferior music systems and environments most people listen to music on these days? Or perhaps too many people no longer really actually listen to music these days but rather treat it as just so much background noise to their busy lives (multi-tasking doesn't allow for the kind of focus it takes to make that emotional connection to an artist and their music). If one cannot immerse themselves enough to share that feeling with the artist then what is the point of playing music anyway? If anyone reads this review and is curious as to what I'm referring to PLEASE purchase this album and really take the time to connect (and please listen to it on a decent music system), if you do I promise the emotional rewards will be worth the time spent and if enough real music listeners "discover" Erin Boheme just perhaps she will release another CD sooner rather than later.
One person found this helpful
on February 5, 2013
This is a really nice album from Ms. Boheme. A little bit of a departure from her first, mostly jazz, album this one has a more pop love song feel, but this CD feels more like the real Boheme. This was produced by crooner Michael Buble who obviously knows talent when he sees it. She writes many of the tracks on the album and you can really relate with her words of falling in and out of love. The title track, What A Life, is my favorite and I've been listening to it all day! There's also a real nice cover of Cold Play's IN MY PLACE. The album works best when she's just left to sing and share her feelings of love and heartache. Overall I highly recommend this CD. If Erin keeps singing and putting out albums like this, what a life it would be, indeed.

UPDATE: Now that I've had a good month to listen to this album (non-stop! Ha!) I have to say this album really hits a home run. I edited my original review slightly. There is only 1 track I'm not crazy about, the rest I actually LOVE! So 9 out of 10 is much better than you get out of most records these days. Really an amazing album, even if it does sometimes make you feel melancholy about your own past/present/future relationships. But isn't that what a good song does, evoke memories and emotions? 4 stars +
3 people found this helpful
on February 7, 2013
Loved the entire album. I think it's one of those CD's that is great to hear in it's entirety. The songs weave very well together. Erin has a wonderful smooth easy voice. Silky and purposeful.
I also love the fact that she wrote the lyrics on most of the album. I feel that she connects so well to the music. It's her own story. Artists that sing and write about their own lives bring such a bond to the music.
I've listened to it in the car several times now and each time it gets better and better.
Loved it!
on May 29, 2013
Too long a wait between 1st and 2nd. Hope that changes because talent like hers is rare and needs to be shared. I would like more like her first or she should find a producer who listens to the first and understands her whimsical side. The difference is a better product for fan dollars.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on March 6, 2013
Erin did a wonderful job. With her songwriting and musical ability AND having Michael Buble' and Alan Chang producing it can only be fantastic. Add in Buble's touring band and you have a true winner. This music will be played over and over, it is timeless as is Erin. ...
One person found this helpful
on February 7, 2013
I am stunned, just STUNNED, by Erin's voice. It's amazing that she's not on TV/Radio more cause I can't fathom how anybody could pass up on her style and charm with a microphone. The selection of songs is very well-chosen too. I'm glad she decided to do a Coldplay song, cause it fits very well with her whole aura. Throw in the production by Michael Buble, and you've got something really special on hand.