BCA Month Beauty Ali: A Life Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Girls: Season 1
Format: DVD|Change

on May 23, 2016
You either love or hate Hannah. Or like me have this ridiculous love hate relationship with her character. Overall an accurate portrayal of just how ridiculous and confusing life can be in your twenties. The ups and downs of relationships all the while trying to survive in the concrete jungle. This is a show that explores many different aspects of life, specifically sexual experiences and the baggage of it all as an slightly "overweight" woman. As Hannah breaks out her shell as upcoming raw writer, not only does she find herself but she accepts herself and her relationships no matter how difficult they may be. I love how straight forward a lot of cast members are and it is an overall enjoyable show (if "gossip" drama is your kind of thing).
on October 12, 2017
If this is really what it's like for white 20-something gentrifying girls in Brooklyn my deepest sympathies for you. Drop those dumb boys, get a powerful vibrator and some self respect, then move back to where you came from. Seriously.
on September 30, 2016
I absolutely love this show! I love how they show feminism is a real, and raw way. It shows the struggles that women go through, and the difference kinds of relationships we have with people. Hanna is one of my favorite characters, I love how she does what she wants, and lives the way she wants to. Shosh is like a few people I have met, shy, mousy, and afraid to stand on her own two feet. And of course we all that that one gorgeous girlfriend that we all admire, but somehow pity at the same time. The guys in this show makes me laugh. Especially Hannas boyfriend, he's so needy and weird. I really love this show, even though I know it drives some people crazy.
on April 21, 2014
My favorite type of shows, especially comedies, is when you cannot guess what is going to happen next. Girls avoids a lot of your typical clichés which make it refreshing. Especially for a "female" series; there is a sorry lack of smart programming. So many shows/movies are almost insulting. Even though the Girls are meant to make mistakes and when watching sometimes you will think "What is she doing?" the characters have complexity which is usually reserved for television's male characters.
Much of this has to do with Lena Dunham, who stars, directs, and created this series. I was very impressed with her talent. Do I think Girls defines my generation? No - but the show definitely offers a different perspective than previously seen and I do find it relatable. It represents the time in your life when you have the education, and maybe even your intelligence has made you successful in school, but now you have to figure out what's next and how to survive in the adult world. The attitude shift in relationships is also interesting - the transition of the casual relationship that was typical in college to navigating serious, mature relationships.
My "Not for Everyone" comment is that this show has a quirky humor that you will probably love or hate. You will not see broad, sitcom-like setup humor. For me, I was laughing out loud (hard) through the whole first season. But I also have a weird sense of humor so I am on the same wavelength. Lena's Hannah is for me the most interesting. Lena is brave in that she lets her character do and experience things that aren't the most glamorous. She has flaws, but not in the silly cutesy way where the romcom heroine is just a little klutzy. She seems like one of your real girlfriends. Jemima is a charismatic actress, and her Jessa is a force that is fun to watch. Marnie is a foil for Hannah. She is gorgeous but also has her flaws. For me, Shoshanna is the weakest part of the show, but she is also the least featured so I didn't mind her too much. The up-speaking delivery I find annoying and the character is one-note (at least for this first season). Hannah's sometimes-boyfriend Adam is a gem.
on June 8, 2015
I did not really care for this show. At times it had funny moments, but I honestly felt like I couldn't really relate or found all the characters to be annoying in their own ways. Perhaps that's the point, which is fine, but as someone who grew out of the whole "I'm a post-college grad, I have no idea what's going on with my life, I'm going to have regrettable relationships" by the time I was 24, I feel like that's not going to happen with this show. It's a good show... but not for me. Watching this show was like a poorly made college decisions: I tried it, I didn't really enjoy it, but I thought maybe I'll get over that and it'll be better as I keep going, yet in the end I realized I shouldn't watch the rest of the seasons.

Again, this show might hit the mark for a lot of people, but it just wasn't in the cards for me. I was interested as far as ending the first season, but not enough to get me to watch four more.
on September 28, 2016
I want to stop watching the show as the story is just awful. The acting is great however I feel like I am getting a glimpse on what happens in hipster town Brooklyn daily. It is actually quite disturbing that people live this way where anything goes with no responsibilities. The shows describes the characters as "finding their voice", really? How does one find their voice when they are in bed with every guy they come across? Unless they are describing their own voice while having sexual encounters I don't see how that's useful in anyone's lives. I actually feel bad for the guys the main character Hanna encounters.
on May 16, 2016
I recently began watching Girls, S4, on HBO. Coming in so late to the "party" I was a bit annoyed with Hannah, but after binge watching seasons 1 & 2 on Amazon Prime I have come to understand Hannah and her friends a little better. It's akin to the same story Candace Bushnell told 20 years ago with Sex and the City; writer living in New York trying to find herself in life and love, but Girls offers something SATC never did, depth. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed spending time with this group. Hannah, Marnie, Shoshanna, and Jessa are four of the most self-centered characters I have ever seen on television (aside from the aforementioned SATC), and yet I get them.
on December 2, 2015
Just a small review regarding the Amazon Instant Video, I understand the marketing technique you are trying to do, watch the first season buy the next seasons, originally I thought Amazon was like a good alternative of Netflix, now I realize is not, the obvious move for everyone the realize this is to keep their existing netflix accounts to get like 99% percent of what this service provides and perhaps get HBO on demand, I believe what video on demand audience wants is a flat monthly rate for unlimited streaming, not a base price + pay as you go subscription model. (I would not mind to pay more for better content)

In the other hand the 2 day free shipping is good, just not worth the price if the streaming service is not as good.
on September 3, 2017
This show is everything! Although I can see myself in all 4 girls, Hannah & I are the same exact person @ times; it's like an outer body experience. Whoa! The writing is phenomenal!
on April 20, 2017
This is a funny show, it isn't made to represent what real life in new York is. I would hope women are smarter than that to assume this reflects reality.