Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 35 reviews
on May 31, 2013
I love this CD, and I actually bought it for my 2-1/2-year-old grandson who has developed a fascination for photos of violins! I tried to mimic the sound of a violin while showing him pictures from Google, but thought it best to get the real deal, and chose this album. He carries the cover around and says, "Nicola pays veelin!" I put it on for him at nap-time at very low volume. I know it is not a child's toy, but this is truly why I bought it, and what luck for me, because it has become my own favorite. I think it is absolutely beautiful and one of the loveliest pieces is the theme from "Schindler's List," but you must hear the last piece - wow. I enjoyed reading the online bio of Nicola Benedetti, too. What a beautiful story, her great love for the violin since age four. She is left-handed, but from the beginning was taught to play with her right hand. She is so young (only 25) and yet so accomplished. If you enjoy violin music, or even if you just want to hear some soothing, lovely sounds, I would highly recommend this CD.
on April 28, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this disc, which essentially comprises a selection of short pieces arranged for the violin, with the focus on melody and relaxation. Grab a good book, put your feet up and you are set for an enjoyable pastime.

If you are looking for pyrotechnics or sonic effects, look elsewhere; not that Nicola Benedetti is not capable of it. The main attractions here are the beautiful melodies, superbly played. This is a comparable disc to Joshua Bell's "The Romantic Violin". My favorite track is Korngold's "Marietta's Song". Definitely a disc to sooth the troubled soul. Highly recommended.
on April 4, 2013
Here is a new sound for some old songs. Miss Benedetti's talents are a plus for all these songs. I never heard any of them sound better. She has a passion and it rings out with every touch of the bow. This is a must have for most music lovers.
on October 5, 2014
This is a fantastic album. Nicola Benedetti has a gift, and it's so apparent in this recording. Her choice of Korngold, especially his Violin Concerto, is so wonderful; his concerto's themes consist of several film scores, one an old favorite of mine, THE PRINCE AND THE PAUPER. If you are remotely a film score fan, get this!! It's totally wonderful!
on February 11, 2015
I purchaased this item for the Korngold violin concerto. To my suprise, it contains some wonderful excerpts from may of my favorite movies. Everything was played beautifully and the sound was fine.
on January 20, 2016
Wonderful technique with feeling! I get all misty every time I hear Por Una Cabeza! Great collection of wonderful movie pieces for real music lovers, not snobs or poseurs. Highly recommended.
on January 15, 2017
Studying this artist - very good player - Italian violinist and loving her renditions of many CD's.
on February 16, 2017
Heard Ms. Benedetti live as guest artist with Cincinnati Symphony. Extraordinary!
on January 11, 2017
It was a gift and very well received!
on January 22, 2017
Her playing is like fine silk