Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 857 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,078 reviews
on December 12, 2014
I love this story and read it as a child. I ordered it for Christmas for my girls and was so disappointed when it arrived. It is not a regular sized book like I had as a girl, but a tiny book that is the size of my palm. Looking over the description, I can see that if you click the "read more" link at the bottom, it does say that this is a mini book, but I really think it should be stated clearly in the page title.
review image
33 comments| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2016
The book is amazing, of course. It's a great story! But it's very deceptive to not tell people they are ordering a doll sized version. Other people are complaining of the same issue, so this isn't just me. But the one I got could fit in the palm of my hand. They need to update the description to inform customers that this is a super mini version.
review image
Have you ever worn a paper bag? What would you do if it rained?

The author, Robert Munsch, continues with his wonderful books. The author has a keen sense of humor, and if the ending doesn't fit how you think, it is always the best. In this book, Elizabeth the Princess has a wonderful life, she has beautiful expensive clothes, she lives in a big castle and is going to marry Ronald the Prince. Then, one day, the big bad Dragon comes along, burns down the castle, steals her clothes and carries off Ronald the Prince. The Princess found a paper bag and decided to wear it. Then off she went looking for the Dragon as he left destruction in his wake.

Parents/teachers will enjoy reading this book to their children. The children will be laughing at the funny language and the Princess's antics. There are lessons to be learned, and it is not the usual ones. The illustrations by Michael Martchenko, are bright, vivid, and beautiful. This story is so funny that everyone who reads it will love the ending.

Recommended. prisrob 04-23-15
on April 6, 2016
This book is a New Family Favorite!!!!!! The story line was a little harder to keep up with for a five year old but it does offer many laughs. When the Princess is standing there "naked", it elicited deep belly laughs from Julie. Even though the drawing does not really show the girl naked because she is covered appropriately, Julie laughed and laughed that how could a girl be naked in a book? My daughter loved that the girl was wearing a paper bag. Did she have any under clothes on? Oh No! Is she still naked? While my daughter did not get that the Princess is the one that tires out the dragon, she did think it funny that the Dragon could no longer burn up the Princess. She thought that the Prince was rude to the girl but then she thought that the Princess was rude to the Prince at the end as well. I am so glad we bought this book because it is one that will be read over and over and over.
on April 4, 2017
THIS VERSION OF THE BOOK IS SMALLER THAN YOUR HAND. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. I wish I would have. I love this story and like to send it to all the young girls I know, but had I "clicked for more details" I would possibly have noticed that the book is only 3 inches. There are many different sizes of this story- I recommend the larger (typical) size because the artwork is as great as the story.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 28, 2016
First read this to my daughter years and years ago when she was about 8.... Had an occasion to bring a book to girl baby shower where they asked for your favorite kid book. I have always loved that the princess in this story did not "need" a prince to be happy. A good lesson and a great story for all little girls. I never hesitate to update my reviews should new info seem useful, nor do I shy away from answering comments/questions. I do NOT receive compensation of ANY kind for my reviews. My purchases are VERIFIED, FULL price and 100% independent. As are my reviews! They are fully my opinion, which could differ from yours - and that's ok. Happy shopping!
on April 20, 2014
These books are so tiny it's beyond words. Look at the measurements before ordering. I'm posting a photo so you can see what it looks like next to a standard pen! Back they go.
on November 22, 2016
Ok, I love the book and the message it sends to the kiddos reading it. What I don’t like is the way the seller was misleading in his representation of this book. Granted, it was basically free, with shipping costs added, which made the price comparable with other sellers who offered “free shipping” with their purchase price. This is not the full sized book, but rather a tiny 3.5 inches by 3.5 inches (if that large) copy of the book, like you’d find in a fast food meal as a gift with purchase. This was not disclosed anywhere on the sales post. I can’t use that small version at a group reading with my class. I needed this by a certain date and if I had known that the size was not comparable with the size of the “library” version of this book, I’d have ordered it from another seller and gotten what I needed for my classroom. I was disappointed.
on April 23, 2017
I absolutely love reading this to my daughters. It helps break the stereotypical gender ideas in fantasy to show the strength girls/women can have not only in the face of a "standard" princess issue, but also the strength to change one's mind when presented with new information/upon having an epiphany.
on November 13, 2013
This is my favorite kids book, hands down. I buy it every time I need a present for a kid. It's just fun, entertaining, and the princess is bad ass and smart.
I was very disappointed with the size of the book though. I guess I should have looked at all the info, I just assumed it was the standard size. I got it as a gift for my niece and will need to order another copy as I felt bad giving her such a tiny book. It's about 3" by 3". Very small.

Update - 7/7/15
I bought this book again, making sure it was the standard size, and I'm very happy with it. Just double (and triple) check the size! It's a GREAT book -- excellent story of a smart princess. The exact opposite to Barbie and the Disney princesses.