Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ed Sheeran STEM Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 4, 2017
 This works great! My 3 and 5 year olds are always asking for cherries but it's such a mess having to cut out the pits or have them chew around it. The 5 year old used this on his own and the 3 year old needed only a little help squeezing it closed. It seems to be very durable and easy to clean and store. I gave it 4 stars rather than 5 because it does tend to occasionally lock itself when you close it on a cherry, but once you figure out that's what's happening it's only a minor annoyance. It gets probably 8 out of 10 pits on the first try so you do have to watch for the pit to fall before popping them in your mouth(or in a pie etc) but I haven't found any pitters that get 100% on the first try. We found that if you're sure to line up the stem hole with the top it's much more likely to work on the first try. Overall we're very happy with this product.
22 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 2, 2017
I like it but I don't love it. I love having a pitter, don't get me wrong. We have had more cherries this year than ever because of it. The only thing is it does splash. Especially if you are doing a whole pound with all the juice accumulating all over it. Interestingly, I gave my 9 year old a shot at doing it and he stuck the splash guard right down against the bowl and it helped tremendously! So, this is what we are doing now and it is much better. It still splashes a little, but nothing like what it was!
on October 14, 2017
This is way better than this style: Gonicc Zinc Alloy Cherry & Olive Pitter(CP-1001), Dishwasher Safe, Remove Cherry pit quick&easy or Cherry Pitter Olive and Cherry Pitting Tool.

The little clear part helps keep the cheery juice from spattering too far.

It's sized for larger cherries -- not smaller sour cherries
on November 4, 2017
Great for pitting cherries, ok for pitting kalamata olives. I think the size of the pitting mechanism is more for cherries or the big olives - otherwise you're losing too much flesh. It will make a mess of cherries though so do them either in a high walled bowl or in a bowl in the sink. Otherwise your white cabinets will look like a tiny massacre occurred.
on August 27, 2017
Easy to use pitter but one still needs to be cautious to make sure the pit was extracted from cherries. From time to time the pit will still cling to the inside of the cherry. Does a pretty good job of keeping the cherry juices from spraying but be careful....the juice can easily stain clothing.
on October 12, 2016
If you buy fresh cherries you will love this product. The genius thing about this is the cup no more spattered cherry juice. I did over 10pds of cherries this year and it still performs as new.
on July 19, 2017
This is a lifesaver. My daughter loves cherries, so it takes quite some time to remove the pits. I love how this feels. It is solid and very easy to use. My daughter likes to use it (with supervision of course). I would still wear an apron or hold the bottom of the pitter in the sink so the juice doesn't stain your clothes. It cleans easy and stores easy as well.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I didn't think I needed this little gadget and here I was looking at yet another recipe that called for pitted cherries that I would not be making because I was too lazy to pit the cherries by hand. Who has time for that? As I came back from the store with a bunch of cherries I thought it sure would be nice to just shoot those pits out....so I caved....I bought the pitter and now am having a ball pitting the cherries-so far just to eat, but now I am eyeing that cobbler recipe again. We have pitted close to a half pound, more or less and it shoots that pit out about 98% of the time with no issue. I have not yet tried for olives yet since I rarely buy the ones with the pits but now I just might since I have this handy gadget. If you love cherries, this is absolutely the must have. If you want to bake or just snack, this gadget is definitely worthwhile and the price is great. As always, OXO makes a great product and the grip is comfortable and the splatter guard keeps the juices from getting all over. Overall, a great product that I would definitely recommend.
on June 18, 2017
This olive and cherry pitter works great, feels sturdy, and the mechanism to hold it closed is great! Sometimes it is a little tough to get the pits out of cherries, but I think that just depends on the ripeness of the fruit, not any kind of shortcoming of the device. This makes prepping cherries and olives so much easier for my toddler.
on December 9, 2016
Does the job as described. I'm shocked at how useful this pit guard thing is. Zero splash which is so important given how quickly cherries can stain.