Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Relax Melodies Premium: A White Noise Ambience For Sleep, Meditation & Yoga
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on November 27, 2012
The pictures and test drive for this app were misleading. The app contained only a fraction of the sounds shown in the pictures and test drive. Very disappointed.

Edit: Developer e-mailed right back when I mentioned my complaint about this app--supposedly there's an update coming in a week or so to correct the layout and sound loop problems.

As of 12/21 this app has been updated to include all of the sounds on the test drive (plus 12 new ones) and has corrected the looping problem.
0Comment| 370 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2012
But this one can help me sleep when nothing else can. I can pick my mix of sounds, and there are plenty. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because when I try to use it with a headset, no sound. I did contact developers but they had not heard of this issue...

UPDATE: I installed this on my Fire HD 8.9 and it works perfectly headphones or not. I have changed my rating to five stars. They also added some more sounds. I love that I can mix up to 8, I think, since most only allow 3,4 or none. The six binaural work really well, I am sleeping or relaxing with them, love this!
on March 15, 2016
This used to be a great app for relaxation. I even paid for the premium version but now it doesn't work at all from the Amazon store but the free version from the Google app store works fine.the paid version keeps saying that there may be no network connectivity but there obviously is of the free version works
on August 2, 2012
GREAT app...haven't tried out the binaural beats feature, but the selection and quality of the sounds and tunes is amazing. No interruptions from ads so far either, just a barely noticeable banner at the bottom of the screen. Highly recommended!
0Comment| 245 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2012
UPDATE 12/21/12: The developer pushed an update to this app yesterday, and fixed the issue with the Kindle Fire HD (detailed below in my original review). I finally got to use the app last night while I slept, and it was great. The UI is clean and intuitive, and the ability to create your own "blends" of sounds is wonderful. There's a very nice assortment of sounds included, so chances are you'll find something that works for you. It took a while to get the kinks ironed out, but I finally feel like I can get my money's worth now.

----------
I purchased this app on the strength of the reviews, but now I find them a bit suspect. While the interface of the app is nice and it's easy to use, there are very short gaps or disruptions when some of the sounds loop. I noticed it on several, and they were unfortunately the sounds that I would be most likely to use to sleep. When those sounds loop, there's a brief pause in the sound -- a fraction of a second, while it repeats, but extremely noticeable and very distracting. I tried to ignore it, but my brain just started anticipating the gaps, making it impossible to fall asleep.

If they could fix those sounds, I'd give the app 5 stars in a heartbeat. Until then, it's completely worthless to me. I sent a message to their support email. We shall see if they're responsive.

Please note that I'm using this on a Kindle Fire HD (7"). The issue I'm describing may not exist on other devices. I did write to the developer's support email, and received a response saying that they were aware of the issue and working on a fix, which would be out in a week or two. That was a week ago, so we'll see. If they fix it, I'll be sure to update this review accordingly.

UPDATE: On November 6, "Simon" from Ipnos Soft said that they were aware of the problem and should release an update in 1-2 weeks. It's now been well over a month and there has been no update. I'm lowering the rating to one star.
11 comment| 317 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2013
Overall: After searching for such a long time on both iTunes and Google Play, I ran into this app which is the best relaxation app around. Relax Melodies Premium is a very nice easy to use app that creates soothing ambiance whenever you need it. Provided are a choice of what seems like close to 100 melodies/ tracks which play over and over in a loop. You can choose which of these tracks to play together so that you create your own calming music.

Pros: The selection is quite impressive. For instance, you can put together the sound of the water on the beach with a thunder storm. Or, chimes can be played with the pleasant burble of a river. There is no limit to how many of the sounds you can play together so there are literally hundreds if not thousands of soundtracks to be made. And, because the sounds are so customizable, you can make one to fit your mood at any time!

Cons: Button selection is sometimes tedious as you need to push the square representing a sound exactly in the center. Also, this app does not have a lockscreen or slide down menu widget which means that you need to be in the app itself to start or stop the music.

Most Useful Features: The timer is handy because you can start the music, let it go and it will stop after a prescribed amount of time. This is very useful for me as I use the app when I put my daughter to sleep. The melody is so soothing that I will usually fall asleep too! Also, there is a ‘Favorites’ selection which is populated with melodies that the app developers provided as a template. This feature enables you to add your favorite combinations as you start to mix and match the sounds.

Enjoy!
on May 1, 2016
This app has so much variety and is so relaxing. It gives you the options of different nature sounds, different urban sounds, heart beats, brown noise, white noise, pink noise, oriental musical tracts, guitar, piano, and drums from different cultural milieux. Other options include pulses and frequencies to induce relaxation, concentration, and sleep with or without head phones. If I keep it on the charger, it will play all night, blotting out ambient noise and supporting blessed sleep.
on May 28, 2013
I bought this a month ago when my real sound machine stopped working and I don't regret it. It was $3 and a new machine would have been at least $20. Plus, this has so many more choices for sounds. I tweak mine a little every night. I do keep my Kindle Fire plugged in all night because it drains the battery otherwise. I wish I would have waited, but I don't mind. Worth every penny, but even better for free!
on May 28, 2013
My only problem with this app is that I love the combos so much that I play with the app instead of trying to sleep. But when I do drift off, it's to my own creative lullaby!
on May 9, 2016
I absolutely love this app! It helps me get to sleep at night or relax during a crazy, stressful day. It has an amazing choice of sounds and they are all of wonderful quality. Sometimes I will have it going while I read before bed and choose the sounds according to the book I'm reading. It's like having the ability to choose a soundtrack for your reading!