Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 26, 2012
Am a bit prejudiced here as I love to play MahJong solitaire on my pc and any other electronic device I can download an app to! Also need to take into account that word games are the majority of the apps on my Fire. So when I saw Mahjong Words - well, I probably got as excited as my other half does over a new Call of Duty (or whatever those games are called?). Was a bit worried it couldn't/wouldn't live up to my expectations - you know, like when you read a blurb for a book that sounds wonderful and is actually a bomb - or you see a gorgeous top across the store but when you get close it looks like someone's training chimps to sew? But no - I was not disappointed and if you like to play Mahjong and like word games - you need this app!! I mean, what's not to like? It works really smoothly on my Touch, you can play alone and untimed (a biggie for me - games are for relaxing, specially solitaire ones!!), and though I tend to be a Mahjong purest and play only the turtle layout most of the time - this game has me trying all the layouts and rotating around. I highly recommend it - specially if, like me, you saw the name - Mahjong Words - and went "oh wow, that sounds too good to be true" - well it's not, so try it, you'll like it!
on August 9, 2012
I ordered this game for my Kindle Touch a couple weeks ago, and I'm really enjoying it. I love to read, but I also find word and number games to be a great pastime. I particularly like Mahjong Words because the challenge of finding words among the letters is similar to the skills used in playing Scrabble. Maybe I'll be able to find that 7 letter word in Scrabble one day!
The different boards keep the game interesting. So far I've noticed that one board in particular creates a change in strategy since the unavailable letters are not visible. Also, the game can be made more or less challenging by using or not using the hints and shuffles.
If you like word games, you'll like Mahjong Words.
on March 13, 2014
Was excited about this game at first thinking had found a new word game . However, after playing it many times, I find that it is disappointing because it does not allow some words to be completed, showing message that "this word is not in our dictionary" PUHLEEZE! We are talking simple words with 9 letters or so. The message comes up before the word has been fully completed, which does not allow the full word to be entered in. Seems to work best with words of three four or five letters only. If you're a Mahjong addict, look elsewhere.
on September 9, 2012
I love this new word game. It really is not like Mahjong, since you don't match tiles. The only resemblance is the form the puzzle takes. However, it is still a lot of fun! Some of the layouts allow your brain to really think....coming up with huge words! I love Bookworm, but that game allows only 8 letter words. This game lets your dictionary brain have a free ride!
on October 21, 2012
Great challenging game with a variety of puzzle designs to choose from just like the online version of Mahjong. Only this time the tiles have letters with point values, (a la scrabble type). Make words from available tiles, and the tiles come off revealing more available tiles to make your words with. Each puzzle also has extra bonus words and if you can put that word together, the bonus points are pretty generous. This is another one of those challenger games because they make you think. You have to have at least three tiles to make an acceptable words. I love Mahjong and have tried many different versions and this one is just as challenging. Can't put it down!
on July 29, 2012
While the game runs fine on my keyboard Kindle, I cannot figure out how to end a game and have the results saved. The Help screen offers no information and neither does the Menu screen. Hence, (this is an assumption) unless I am able to clear the screen, the game never ends. When I exit and enter the game, I resume where I left off; if I 'Restart' from the menu, I lose everything. If someone can explain how to end the game (when one has unplayable tiles), I would be glad to revise my review.
on October 9, 2012
This is a word game that is fun, challenging, and gives you lots of options for Mahjong layouts. I love trying to get the bonus word (you have to plan ahead to achieve that) and you can compete against yourself to get a higher score than last time.
on August 25, 2012
I purchased Mahjong Words for 2 reasons: First, I have never played Mahjong and thought this would give me some insight as to how real Mahjong is played. The other reason is I am now in my seventies and want to be sure all my neurons continue to fire! I am very pleased with Mahjong Word because it is doing both for me. I am learning some of the aspects of "real mahjong". And my neurons are certainly firing!! I am so stuck on one of the games that I get exhausted thinking about it. And it's so much fun when I win!Mahjong Words
on September 13, 2012
I never really put much time into playing this game. After I put it on my Kindle, I saw that it was pretty boring. Not a good purchase.
on November 13, 2012
This game is ABSOLUTLY AWESOME!!!! Mahjong and Scrabble in one game is extrememly addicting. Hours of pleasure. It does have some glitches in that it crashes your Kindle once and a while, but its work aroundable enough to spend hours playing it. My new thing now is topping the scores to the next highest score. Fun.Worth the price.

Love it,

Julie, a big Kindle fan soon to be a Kindle Fire owner.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.