Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by The Lone Bellow Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 81 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 121 reviews
on May 22, 2013
I bought this for a rafting trip in Colorado and I couldn't be happier with the results. It is only 720p, but I am not a cinematographer either and I am shooting action highlights with it. Since I found it hard to locate online I will mention here that it's highest resolution is 720p @ 30 frames per second. So if you plan on doing a lot of slow motion this may not be for you as you'll appreciate the higher frame rates of the upper end GoPro models. I have slowed footage down to 1/4 speed and I am completely happy with that myself. I found battery life to be acceptable, I tested it at home and got 1 hour and 10 minutes out of it, and on my rafting trip I got 1:07 all shooting at high res. If you spend a lot of time using the screen you will burn through battery quicker, and it will shut down on you if you attempt playback when the battery is getting exhausted. However, I have noticed that when I cannot playback it will still let me record and I have shot 20 minutes of video when it didn't have enough juice to playback, so I kinda like that it appears to bias battery usage to the recording function. I am using a 32GB Class 10 MicroSD card with no issues, and a full battery recording session will use about 10GB of that. The biggest limiting factor is that the battery is not replaceable, so once it is out, it is out. I read one review that said you could record while it is charging, but at this point I have not been able to, every time I plug the USB cable in even if just the car charger it will switch to USB Drive mode. At this point I have used 2 of the 3 included mounts. The helmet mount worked great, and the strap is long enough that I was able to attach it to my life vest since we didn't have helmets on our trip. I had the camera upside down for this which meant I had to flip the video afterwards, but my fiance noticed that as long as you start it recording when you put it in the housing it will go into the waterproof housing upside down and would have allowed me to record the correct orientation (obviously you cannot use the buttons when set up this way). I have also used the suction cup mount to mount the camera to my motorcycle's gas tank. It stuck and had no problems on a 20 minute test ride. I think I would put some sort of small tether on it just in case, but it may not be needed. I also noticed that it suctions very well to my helmet. I haven't tried it yet, but it has been sitting attached for hours. Again, I'd probably tether it just in case.

Lastly, if you do try this cam realize it is a "branded" item and that a manufacturer sells it to companies that just put their logo on it. I have found this camera for GearPro (what I bought), Polaroid, and Blurfix. They all appear to come with the same accessories and the GearPro and Blurfix models even use the same pictures. The Polaroid one is orange and white. Polaroid does have the owners manual online which has been branded for Polaroid but otherwise is identical to the one that came with my cam. So look for a deal, last I saw the Polaroid one was $50 while the GearPro was $70. If I had found it before I bought I would have bought the Polaroid. :-)

Here are 2 videos I made with the camera...

44 comments| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2014
This does not work as it is intended. The bouncing created while skiing or snowboarding causes the camera to shut down, thus taking only two-second videos. Instructions are poorly translated from Chinese to English. This was a giant waste of money.
on June 5, 2013
I was honestly a little worried when I first placed the order because of the lacking detail on the camera. I went and got it anyways and now I kind of regret it. The battery only lasted an hour on the lowest setting and for some reason, one constant shot got split up into 3 parts. When I opened the first video, my video player gave me an error message about playback gaps. Huh? Needless to say this is hassle I wasn't expecting. I am a ref for roller derby and 1 straight hour of battery life won't cut it for what I was hoping for. There are 2 30 minute halves in roller derby and as with all sports, time outs. I would hate to have thought I got an ending to another amazing bout that ended in a thriller and later find out my battery died. Good thing I sent it back. I won't give it a 1 star rating because the touch screen made it amazingly easy to get the right angle and very convenient for playback. Picture was pretty good too.
on January 13, 2017
Not worth it.
on February 9, 2015
My gear pro did not work when I finally tried to use it. I was told I could not receive a replacement or a refund because it was after the 30 day limit. Unfortunately my busy work life got in the way of my fun time. When I wanted to use the item it simply did not work.
on October 17, 2016
The camera is inoperable and doesn't work.
on May 25, 2014
I bought Gear Pro for my son. After two weeks, the GP stopped working. I've tried every trick in the book but unable to turn it on. I don't recommend this item for sports people but if you wanna get it anyway, don't use the touch screen. Always transfer videos/photos to computer before viewing. And make sure Gear Pro's battery is drained to 0% before re-charging.
on March 19, 2016
mine was terrible. it never could turn on and finally when it did it was all staticy. we wanted it for skiing and it never worked, couldnt have disliked it more.
on March 22, 2013
So i opened the box and I was very excited about it it could go on my helmet and on my bike and underwater. but there was no body strap! i was just wondering if there was a place to buy one or not. most preferably online but if there isn't a place online but there is a store that's okay. please that is what i really wanted! but i have no other complaints about it! its great! (:
on January 28, 2014
This camera is awesome!!!! I would buy 10 of these if I could and give them as presents. Had a pretty bad crash on my mountain bike and the camera never stopped filming and continues to work great. Other name brands act like their camera is the only one out there but let me tell you this is as good if not better.