Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Air Patriots
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Back to School

on November 5, 2012
I am enjoying this game as it is a little different then the normal tower defense game in that you can move your planes around. I miss being able to upgrade them but I believe they automatically upgrade when you raise your level. so far I have been able to open new levels without spending real money - overall it's a nice change and I am enjoying playing it on my kindle.
0Comment| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2012
The game IS free and fun!! The "paid" maps are add-ons and dont need to be bought to play this game. Love this game and u will too!! 5 stars!!!
0Comment| 157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2012
If you don't have this app yet... GET IT NOW! Loads of fun! Recommended for kindle or larger screen... it gets intense and you need a bigger screen to keep up! Very addicting!
on April 6, 2013
Graphically it looks nice and clean. Took me some time before I realized that you really need to set paths for the different type of airplanes to really have a chance. At first I was trying to control all the planes manually and that just does not work when you get farther in the game. I wish there was a different way to set the paths since most of the time you cant get a clean path or you get ripped off on the distance they travel by the time you complete the path for them to take. Overall a good game.
on January 5, 2013
This is a highly creative and quite addicting game. There are many planes and jets to choose from and each level can be replayed in multiple different ways. Challenging, but not frustrating. The graphics are cool and all around interesting.
on January 9, 2013
Okay, my kids love this. They thought it was the best thing ever. I, however, hate it! Both of my sons have parental locks to prevent purchases without a pin, as well as my amazon account having it, but guess what?! This game has a glitch where they can just keep buying and buying and buying in app purchases at 19.99 a piece. It almost seems like an intentional glitch! Luckily, the issue is so well known that amazon credited me back everything that slipped through the parental controls and I put a video up on youtube showing how it passes through parental controls, showing how that they are active and this still allows it, I figured it was worth a little bit to show people I was not tech retarded and that it was a legitimate glitch. Then I promptly deleted it. I tested the other games for purchases and the code came up 2 times, one tablet based and one amazon, requiring parental pin so it is just this game! shady.
on March 26, 2013
"Free" but any upgrade requires money. Big Bombs are $10 for an infinite supply, Maps cost money, extra plans cost money. Should be able to earn those in game. Minor glitch every now and then where the path a plane takes will jump across the screen. Could be a phone glitch or a dirty screen though.
on November 13, 2012
this is such a great twist to tower defense games. I've been paying it for days, replaying levels to try and better my scores. If you are a fan of tower defense type games, you must try this one. It does have in-app purchases, but I have not bought anything, so you don't have to spend to enjoy if you don't want to.
on February 8, 2013
I don't know why, but this game is super addictive. I did buy an add on which really isn't necessary. It's free and fun, so just get it. The only reason i didn't give it 5 stars is because it needs way more maps. There was one update adding one more map, now amazon seems to have just forgotten about it. Since I purchased add ons, I feel there should be more maps to play.
Update: They have added a few more maps since I wrote this, so I changed my review to 5 stars.
on November 2, 2012
The game is a good start for an app. But it lacks the ability/perk trees for each plane. It lacks a build your own function. It lacks upgrades. These are things that are now traditional for 'tower defense' games.

Next is confusion that exists in the enemies. They need to be different vehicles and different abilities need to be obvious.

I enjoy the game, but it misses out on normal traditional tower defense games.

11/9: Maps need extra affects. If you get the Magic map, it should have tanks/map with powers...

11/13: My luck that I bought the Map Package and they change the cost so its by gears. Come on.