Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 91 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 97 reviews
on August 19, 2012
As a former Div-II and semi-pro goalie now in my late 30s, I've been looking for something fairly inexpensive that will hold up to the adult leagues I play in. I've tried out MANY different pairs of gloves in the last 25 years, and these are one of my favorite "cheap" pairs.

In the past, I'd have used these for training only, and would've only needed them to last a month or so. Now I use them as a match glove as the people I play against are weak Div-I or Div-II college players at best. So far, these are holding up very well to outdoor games 2x a week.

The grip and padding on these are excellent, and have a durometer very adequate for all but top-level college goalies or higher. Not sure how they'd hold up if you're an average goalie and dig the ground often, but with proper form, but they are holding up very well above expectations for me.

These are easily a great pair of gloves for high-school and travel players, and wish I'd had something of this quality (and price range) 25 years ago.

UPDATE 4/29/13... Well, this pair of gloves made it through 3.5 sessions of indoor (don't even want to count the # of games!), which is better than I can say for any pair I've ever owned near this price point. In the past, I've always bought another pair somewhere near the start of the 3rd session and used them part way into outdoor season. Although the padding on the fingers is worn through (worn off?), they are still amazingly sticky, and I am very impressed. Just ordered another pair of these, even though there is a newer version available - I like tried and true.
on April 6, 2013
I was very happy with my purchase of these gloves. This was my second purchase of this pair of goalkeeping gloves. This pair was a gift for a friend after having bought a pair for myself a few weeks earlier.

These are good quality goalkeeper gloves with a great backbone feature (also referred to as finger saver feature on some gloves). The latex has good tackiness and appears that it will hold up for a reasonable amount of time with proper maintenance (I recommend a glove wash for upkeep). Moreover, the mesh along the sides of the fingers offers decent breathability. Also, the mesh on the back of the thumb has come in handy for wiping sweat off my brow.

The glove was true to size based on a measurement of the circumference of one's palm at it's widest point (i.e. the circumference in inches of the palm rounded up plus one inch).

I read in a previous review that a purchaser was upset about the latex catching on the velcro and ruining the latex palm when strapping on the gloves without assistance but this has not been an issue for me. It isn't hard to avoid touching the velcro to the latex palm while putting on the gloves on your own. I wouldn't worry about this being an issue.

The availability of different color options was great also. I gifted this second pair to a friend that is a Univ. of Kentucky alum; so the blue palm with white and black was perfect.

When I received the gloves, the one issue I had with the first pair I bought for myself was that when I tested out the backbone feature by pushing back on the fingers while wearing the glove, I felt the backbone on the right pointer finger snap. This is the reason I gave the gloves a 4 instead of a 5 star rating. However, it snapped at a point closer to the wrist and the backbone still serves it's purpose of protecting my finger. I may have over done it in trying to assess the strength of the backbone.

In summary, a great pair of quality goalkeeping gloves with great features like the finger protecting backbone at an excellent price. I highly recommend them.
on May 2, 2013
The only good thing about these is the durability. They are pretty tough gloves and would work as a practice glove.

The main problem with them is they have NO GRIP, which, imho, is the most imporatnt part of a goalie glove! Drag the back of your hand over the palm of these gloves and you will notice there is no tack and stickiness or even any resistance, your hand will slide across like a duck on water.

As per the instructions, they were rinsed\air dried, then dampened before the game, but they gave me no confidence whatsoever in their ability to grip a spinning ball. I wore these once and won't wear them again unless I'm forced to.

Brine should be ashamed for including this text in the description of the product:

"Superior super-sticky latex foam for sure grip"

Super-slippy is more like it...I wouldn't buy these gloves for anything other than training, these are not game quality gloves, due to the lack of tackiness, but they do offer good protection for the hand with finger saves, and the glove is sturdy so the palm should hold up for long training sessions. Given that the palm can't really grip a ball I'm not sure what good even that is...These are worth 15-20$ max.

Additionally, they run small. I think this is due to the finger saves being stuffed in there, I basically have to cram my hand to get it inside these size 11 gloves, whereas I wear a size 10 in other brands...I'd need a size 12 for these gloves...furthermore, the back of the fingers is very hard and also slick, almost plastic...they should have more padding on the back and something to provide some grip for punching\boxing the ball out.

I bought a pair of Select (master viking) gloves at a local sporting goods store for 40$ and the difference is incredible. The back of my hand sticks to the Select gloves and glides across these Brine gloves (like water off a ducks back).

Again, the only positive note is the sturdiness of the glove...finger saves feel sturdy and after playing for 80 minutes in a short sized game on a grass field had no breaks in the palm...so maybe these would be good for practice gloves if you aren't concerned about grip, but I certainly wouldn't recommend these for use in games.
on March 2, 2014
The size runs small. I've purchased other size 11 gloves and my hands were almost swimming in them. These were tight in comparison.

Not very durable. I stopped one shot and the foam started to tear apart. The gloves lasted 2 outdoor games and 2 indoor games before I hard to toss them away.

Not supportive. The finger spines were not stiff really. They added some rigidity to the gloves so they weren't flimsy, but not very noticeable. Just kept the gloves from being typical practice gloves.

Price was fair. You get what you pay for I suppose. That's why there's two stars instead of one.

These gloves are not built for match play, in my opinion. Should be used as an expensive practice or scrimmage alternative. Nothing more.
on January 28, 2013
Where else can you get quality gloves with finger protectors for less than $60....let alone less than $30. My daughter is a very active and aggressive keeper, and although she goes through 2-3 of these per season, so do others that spend $75-150 on thier gloves.

The finger protection works well but has broken once during practice when when a canon let lose a ball that she blocked. I will say that I think the protector did it's job and probably prevented a broken finger!

Good for active keepers through U12 or the occasional weekend warrior that likes to jump in the goal w/o spending too much.
on March 6, 2013
I purchased my first pair of these gloves last fall, and made it through an entire indoor season (16 games, played on turf). I was extremely happy with how long the palm and finger pad area lasted, and I really liked the spines on the fingers. So I ordered a new set for the winter/spring league, which was played on the same field. At the end of the second game of the season a large (2"x2" approx) section of the palm literally "flaked" off all at once. I don't know if these are just a factory defect, or I just got really lucky with the first pair, but I probably won't be buying a third pair to find out. And so the search for a sub-$100 quality glove continues...
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2013
seller sent wrong gloves.. got the black and white ones.. i called they said they wouldnt get these in for a month.. i had no choice my son used the gloves they sent or he had none :-( WE were both upset.. the gloves were slippery not much grip at all.. they didnt offer to refund any money or anything due to them messing up my order.. he said my choice was keep the wrong gloves or send them back and because i was in a pickle with a tournament the next day.. i made him keep them.. :-( i dont think i will by brine gloves again due to the slick bottoms.. this if the first pair of gloves ive gotten that was soft and not sticky
on April 26, 2013
I bought these for my 11 year old who is the goalie on his travel soccer team...they took a little while to break in, but he says he likes them. I mainly bought them for the stays, and he wasn't crazy about them at first for that reason, but he has gotten more accustomed to them. The only complaint at this point is that they aren't as "sticky" as the cheaper ones he used to get (he would go through two pair of those in a season). Not sure I will purchase them again, I guess we'll see what his final verdict is when they wear out.
on January 17, 2013
These gloves are awesome! The grip is pretty good, the durability is amazing, and padding works well. A huge bonus for me were the finger savers. Its very hard to find another glove that works as well as this one for such a ridiculous price (for $30 you cant go wrong. If you are looking for a long term glove that lasts, these are the ones. They hold up well on any playing surface. I've had mine for 6 months and by cleaning them properly every couple of matches and practices, they still have little signs of wear (I play 2 games a week and practice 3 times a week, and yes, i said 6 MONTHS). I highly recommend these gloves to everyone who doesn't want to spend a good amount of money on gloves that will be ruined 2-3 times as fast. Brine makes an excellent glove and if you want to buy these, buy a size larger, as the fingers run a little small.
on January 21, 2013
Our daughter plays competitive club soccer. We have spent $90+ for other Brine gloves in the past.

The problem we have with keeper gloves is that eventually the soft foam rubber tears, breaks and wears down. Like in a matter of 3-5 months. So paying $90 each time was getting old and expensive.

These gloves fit well, perform exactly like the more expensive options, last just as long, but we paid $24 for them. Booya!

Price is right, protect our daughter's hands, and function as they should.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.