Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 24 reviews
on November 25, 2012
I wanted an inexpensive tablet to do my writing and publishing to my blog when I am on the go via wifi. Although this didnt have many reviews and the one it had wasnt great, I took a chance because the specs it did have were exactly what I wanted. It is a good thing I'm techy because it came with slim to none instructions. It was easy to set up with the wifi and downloading apps from the google play store wads breeze. I had no problems with Internet connections, screen was great and readable, even the external keyboard I got with it worked fine. So why only two stars? Simple: the touch factor was pathetic! I adjusted it from soft to hard, no change. I bought a stylus pen, helped a little but not much. It was difficult to scroll down a page without it magnifying each time 2,3,4x bigger. It also had no built in dictionary so everything showed as misspelled. I'd try to add words to the dictionary but because the touch was such a mess, it would delete it rather than add it. I found I did more correcting than actual writing and i do not have the time or patience for that. For games? It's great. Videos? Excellent. Music? Pretty decent. If you want it just for that, it might be for you. But if want to do any office work with it? I guarantee you'll lose your mind. I retuned mine after less than 2 weeks.
on February 21, 2013
I spent so much time looking around for an affordable tablet with as many good features that can be offered its not even funny. Yea it has to be nice to be able to drop the kind of money you do for an ASUS or iPad, but we cant all do that on low budget especially if you run into a device problem. Got one for the wife for her birthday to try and gave it some time to see what would happen based on other reviews. Some of the negative ones must have been a fluke or something. We were both so impressed with the performance that i got one for myself. Its now been over 4 months owning for both of us and no problems. Yes it is android 4.0, and just like other devices running 2.3 and above you are going to get the same issues you have had on your phones with timing out. But it is all an android programming issue. Even compared to my friends ASUS transformer he was quite impressed, especially with Skype, and jealous as to how well this performs. If you are on a budget and want something bigger than your phone jump on it. You will be surprised.
on January 10, 2013
We ordered this for our almost 5 year old to be able to get him some education and entertainment apps. He loves it and we love that he is off our computers and has more educational things at his fingertips. He already knows how to use the tablet better than we do.

We bought the hdmi adapter so we can hook it up to the tv to watch netflix or a movie from google play.

We are new to the app world, so learning that 4G goes quick, so will need to order a micro sd card soon. It's a pain trying to decide which app to delete to try a new one. Battery life also is a little short, 2-3 hours, but helps us limit time spent on the tablet, so it works for us. We also have brightness turned up all the way, so this may be affect battery life too.

Overall I am happy with this tablet for the price.
on December 27, 2012
We purchased two for our almost-6 yr old twins for Christmas, who were hogs of Daddy's Ipad. There is a big learning curve compared to an ipad, but we're getting there. But, our kids have never had electronics except for leapsters.
This tablet is not as user friendly and the screen is not as crisp. I get frustrated with the sensitivity of the touch screen, but no one else in the house agrees, so it must be me!
I have a laptop and would likely buy this if I was considering switching to a tablet.
Battery life seems to be an issue, but they're lil kids, I suspect they are leaving apps running.
on September 16, 2013
This Android tablet is OK if you only want to use it for Skype or use the HDMI cable hook it up to your TV and watch movies ... The graphics are Not HD alone YOU have to hook it up to your HD TV to watch HD Movies.. Not like the IPod you can watch high quality video & movies.. the browser does not have flash player.. only the YouTube app plays videos.. the tablet freezes up once in a while & the battery does not last long... almost all Android tablets freezes up and are slow... For this reason I'm not buying anymore Android tablets ....
on December 1, 2012
I read many reviews before settling on this tablet and I don't completely regret it. Admittedly it is a little glitchy. Netflix only works the first time you log in, after that you have to go into task manager and clear the app's data. I've tried different versions of the software with no change but still not a huge problem. Other apps have frozen from time to time but not excessively so for the price you could do much worse. Remember, you get what you pay for.
on November 13, 2012
I am satisfied with the product. The only thing I am disappointed in is the fact that I can not get Netflix to work. It downloads and everything from Google Play but I can not click on the link to sign into my account. Any help would be great!

Update 9/2013 Tablet just froze up on me. After resetting the tablet the touchscreen doesn't work. I haven't figured out how to fix it. :(
77 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2012
I am quite impressed with the performance of this little machine. Don't be deceived by the low price. It is a pretty competent little tablet and quite quick compared to some more costly smart-phones. The camera is awkward to use and relatively fuzzy but it works perfectly well with Skype.
Time will tell whether durability is an issue. The charger has a fragile-looking pin connection but so far it has done the job.
on November 9, 2013
Bought 3 of these last year for kids for Christmas. Two were returned right away because they were defective. The one I kept worked correctly for about a month. Over the course of the year, it has been a headache for my 8 yr old. Lockups, portions of the screen going out, non responsive areas of the touchscreen. Just junk.
on December 16, 2012
I'm shocked by how nice this tablet performs for the price. My only slight issues with it are that it sometimes takes a few seconds to respond to changes in orientation, and the battery life isn't that great (resolved by simply plugging it into its charger at my desk). Otherwise, it seems to be perky enough to run all that I require, and it's really light and easy to carry around.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question