Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lizzie's Amish Cookbook: Favorite Recipes from Three Generations of Amish Cooks
Workplace Solutions Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Discover it  Trolls Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Halloween Amazon Cash Back Offer Transparent Transparent Transparent  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on October 28, 2012
I have made the whoopie pies, the hamburger casserole, the pumpkin bread, and a few more items. They have all turned out delicious! This book has recipes that use ingredients that are found around most homes, as the Amish use what they have. You won't have to go buy any fancy spices and spend a fortune only to use a pinch and throw it away. If you are looking for budget friendly, traditional cooking, this is for you. Highly recommend this book. I got it from the local library and am thinking of buying a copy.
on February 8, 2013
WOW, I have thoroughly enjoyed this cookbook, and have shared it with my Amish friend. We've been using recipes from it, and have been so happy with the results! Upon receipt, it was like new, and it was received before I expected it. Great all around transaction and product!
on November 22, 2013
I read the preview of this book available via the "Look Inside" option and saw the positive reviews, it seemed ok, so I bought it. Really the only good thing about this book is the baking section and the little snippets of stories from the author's novels (which I have not read). The snippets reminded me of the Anne of Green Gables books and the recipes included in the preview were basic, old fashioned, and entirely from scratch. Once I read the full book, I was really dissappointed in how many of the recipes used processed foods. Her cheese dip uses American Cheese. The Crispy Chicken recipe uses Cornflakes. Her casseroles use Cream of Mushroom soup. And some of the recipes are just bad, she fries chicken in butter?? Butter will burn and smoke up your whole kitchen! Some aspects of this book remind me of something that would make a "first cookbook" kind of gift for a young adult, but with some of the cooking techniques in the book just outright wrong, I am not even so sure of that.

I really like the idea of the book, but the execution fell flat. When I buy a cookbook that says "from 3 generations of Amish" I expect things to be made from scratch, not from processed garbage.
on June 4, 2016
As a native of central Pennsylvania I am familiar with Amish / Mennonite cooking. Some people may be surprised at the processed foods, but Amish people are like anybody else. Some cook from scratch all the time, some are convenience food users, some are good cooks, some are not. Just like anybody else. This book contains recipes that are somewhere in between. It does use canned soups, Velveeta, etc. Other recipes in the book are totally from scratch. Be aware that Amish cooks usually don't use a lot of spices, so for instance, if you make their pizza sauce, you will probably want to increase the amount of oregano and garlic. A lot of Penna. Dutch cooks go for hearty, rather bland foods. My father's family cooked that way. Others are "fancy Dutch" who cook with more variety and zip. This book is closer to the plainer foods, but there are some surprise recipes, like pizza. I think this book is very good for family cooking, This is kid friendly, comfort food.
on June 12, 2013
A GOOD VARIETY OF AMISH COOKING.MOST OF THE RECIPES ARE EASY TO MAKE IF YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AS WRITTEN.
on May 28, 2014
Cookbooks are extra special to me. I enjoy just reading through them. Marking the things I was to try. I enjoyed this cookbook because of the good ideas and also enjoyed the interesting comments through the book. Thank you, very good.
on January 1, 2014
Added this book to my mothers Christmas Present and she was overjoyed with it. She loves Linda Byler best out of the Amish Romance writers because she takes her time and writes a quality book or in this case cookbook.
on February 7, 2014
Great little cook book. Well written and the recipes remind me of home.
The only problem I had is it is not really "Kindle friendly".
Sometimes I miss the first line because it is even with the title.
on February 18, 2013
Love using the many recipes found in this book. Lots of recipes use ingredients already on hand. Tasty and delicious meals.
on May 26, 2013
I like all the old recipes like my mom and grandma made. I can now make them just like they did so long ago.