Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

myCharge Sojourn 1000 Rechargeable Power Bank
Style Name: Sojourn 1000|Color: White|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$5.99+ Free shipping

on April 30, 2018
I have purchased many of these over the years, but unfortunately this model has been discontinued. Had recommended it to many friends and family members and purchased for both of my kids while they were away in college.

Reliable and retains charge for 30+ days. Re-Charges everything (Kindle, iPAD, Android, Iphones) in a timely manner. Versatile, even accommodating new devices via USB capability.

Purchased other replacement models, but none stacked up.

Manufacturer should RE-START of this model (or sell me your "old stock").
VINE VOICEon April 7, 2013
I bought this before a recent trip out of concern that my iPad and Android phone might not hold a charge for the entire flight. About twice the thickness of the phone itself, this unit fit handily in my backpack and added 9 oz. of weight - a negligible burden for the piece of mind it gave me. Because it is a microdevice charger, I left my phone charger at home, knowing that I could (and did) simply charge my phone through it for the duration of my trip. It doesn't fully charge the iPad though, nor as quickly, so I brought along the iPad charger for my hotel room.

It worked beautifully, both in keeping me powered up and subsequently keeping my cell phone in good working order. I wasn't sure I was going to get any usage out of it back home, but I find I rely on it. If I find I have accidentally allowed my cell phone battery to die down, I just plug it in to this and pop it in my purse on the way out the door. It'll charge my phone twice without emptying; after that, I charge it back up even though it's not empty. I'm a bit careless with keeping my phone charged, but don't want to run out.

What I really like about it:
* It tells me (out loud) when the device I'm charging is full. I don't think it's too loud. (That said, I charged my cell phone before bedtime in my hotel room, because hearing that in the middle of the night could seriously creep me out.)
* I can easily check how much charge it has left by pressing the white button - it lights up to five and verbally confirms its status
* It has all its own connectors handily tucked into its body.

What I wish it did:
* I wish the microdevice plug locked into the base somehow. I take it out so often that it's a bit hard to fit it back. It diminishes the slick appeal of this little unit a bit.
* A volume button for the voice would be nice.
on September 9, 2013
If you do not want to always worry about looking for a nearby outlet when charging your phone, this is the solution.
Sometimes you are in a bus, on a train, or simply having lunch and your phone dies, and you must send a message/email etc., or imagine use your smart phone to scan your entry into an airline/airport. This is a quick solution and quite effective.

Pros:

- Can get at least 3 full charges for iPhone 5 (from nearly 10% to full), before having to recharge the unit.
- Has multiple adapters (iphone 4), and microUSB and separate USB if you have the cable for iPhone 5 (an alternative unit has the lightning cable with it, but I chose not to buy it, since I want to only plug an apple lightning cable into my phone).
- It clearly indicates how much battery is left. (it actually talks to you).

Cons:

- Bulky and heavier than phone (but that's expected; you will not get three charges out of a paper thin unit!)
- It can heat up (again, expected... this is happens more often when you are using the phone while charging).
- It has the ability to be charged from a computer (or laptop). I am not sure why this is useful, since you will then drain your computer's battery and will need to plug that in. Plus you can simply charge your phone directly from the computer. But hey the cable is just there... so it is ok.
- The iPhone 4 cable works well, but is a little too short (expected to make the unit compact). Of course you can use the USB and your own cable if you want to have some length.

Overall a great product definitely worth having! Met and somewhat exceeded my expectations.
on March 23, 2014
I've been the proud and happy owner of a Powerbag for the last several years. I can't tell you how convenient it is to have my own power source when I find myself stuck in the airport and all the convenient power outlets by the gates are being used. Even better is when I'm on a long flight without the ability to recharge my iPad or and want to watch movies. My bag recently needed replacing, and I couldn't find a new one, but my search led me to this must-have gadget.

I LOVE that the outlet plug in is built in, so it's not one more wire/plug that I have to carry with me, it's fully self contained. It has the built in adaptors for micro and mini, as well as the iPad. I was a little concerned because I have the iPhone 5 with the lightning plug too, but there are two options there... either I can use an adaptor to the old style iPad plug, or... THERE is a BUILT IN USB as well! That kind of versatility is awesome!

I love how small, light and portable this is, and SO reasonably priced and flexable. Very satisfied with this purchase.
on October 27, 2013
I love this things! It talks to me and charges my electronics fast multiple times and quickly.

The only negative I can come up with, my lazy friends who don't charge their phones or MP3 players ask to borrow this all the time. I am taking the responsibility to have everything charged and if I forget, I have the resources to recharge. Not my friends. They have made it a habit of bringing their phone charger with them everywhere because of how forgetful/lazy they can be. But when they forget even that, they expect me to have this handy dandy portable charger with me. They expect it! Ungrateful kids I tell ya. Grrrr! I could rant for days!

If you have responsible friends, this charger is an amazing piece of tech to share. If your friends are anything like mine.... keep the secret to yourself!

*NOTE: If you have a problem changing the tone from voice to tone to silent back to voice, the device needs to be plugged in. I read another review here where someone mentioned the manual omitted part of this information. The manual says to plug the device into your computer with a USB cable in order to change the tone. I had it plugged into an extension cord and it worked just fine.
2 people found this helpful
on May 15, 2015
This was not a new charger, as I had ordered. It had scratches on the front of it, and the label on the back was WORN OFF. As if it had been used a lot. Second, the package label indicates it is for iPhone 4S. Therefore, the cable connector is not usable for an iPhone 5 or 6, which is difficult to discern from reading the description. Rereading it right now, I still see no mention that it's for a 4 and not 5 or 6. Thirdly, there is no light on it to indicate whether it's fully charged. A voice speaks when you plug it in "charging." But if you are not there when it says "charged," (which I assume it does, as I wasn't there I didn't hear it). When you return later, there's no way to see looking at it whether it's fully charged. You just have to assume it is. Returning it.
on March 31, 2014
This power bank works great for what it's designed for...to charge phones, action cameras, tablets, iPhones, basically anything with a micro USB, iPhone, USB port. It also has an empty USB port if your device uses a different connector...so you can provide the cable. I find the attached cables a little short and wished it was a soft retractable line instead. I love how this unit is a stand alone charging unit. I don't have to worry about cords, and it ends up being the charging station for my friends during restaurant stops on motorcycle trips. Obviously, the more devices it's charging at the same time, the slower it is at charging a unit. I also like how the unit turns off automatically when you unplug a device from it. It also has a voice that announces the charging unit's battery power level (with little LED lights) when you turn the power on. When the charging bank needs to be recharged, I just plug it directly into the wall...no cords necessary.
on April 25, 2014
I bought on a lark and came back to buy one for my son and life partner. Others in same line do NOT wall charge as easily. This one allows you to plug right into wall. I use it almost daily, being a heavy iPhone/iPad user. I also love that I can easily charge my iPhone AND my bluetooth headset (micro) at same time.

I bought the Amazon Basics Universal Travel case to stow this and MUCH MORE in.

Great pairing.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND
on May 10, 2015
It works..... charges my iPod Touch 4th generation :-) and when its dead, i plug it into a usb such as my laptop and it fully charges it.... makes a little sound when you attach your iPod to it to charge or when your charging the device itself ...... came somewhat fast in the mail :-) wish it charged more than just iPod/iPhones.... wish it charged androids
on July 29, 2015
This is the best portable device charger money can buy, hands down #1. I have tried others. I had this one and my husband loved it so much i gave it to him and purchased another one. I travel a LOT, and I always fly with this device. Do not even consider buying a different one. This one charges even device with built in plugs and a wall outlet. It even talks to you. GREAT PRODUCT. 10 stars!!