Customer Reviews: Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul: Stories of Feline Affection, Mystery and Charm (Chicken Soup for the Soul)
4-month subscription Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon pbskids pbskids pbskids  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Elvis Presley Shop Cycling on Amazon

on April 4, 2012
One of my stories was published in this book, and I usually refrain from reviewing books that contain my work. That said, I found the stories in this book so amazing that I had to share. The stories are sweet and sad, yet full of hope. Many revolve around death, but all are positive in that they reveal glimpses of what exists beyond this world. I was amazed at how similar many of these stories are--giving hope that there is some type of positive experience we encounter after this life. If you have lost a loved one, or wonder what lies beyond this world, or are looking for a gift of hope for someone, this is the book for you. I have read many Chicken Soup books, but this one tops them all. I cannot recommend it enough.
on April 4, 2012
It's no surprise to me that Chicken Soup for the Soul: Messages from Heaven has become a national bestseller. This is a book filled with spiritual stories that will inspire and amaze you. There are ten chapters - To Heaven and Back, Miraculous Connections, Signs from Beyond, Dreams and Premonitions, An Angel Told Me, Love That Doesn't Die, Saying Goodbye, Heaven Sent, Messengers and Angels, and Answered Prayers - 101 true accounts of miracles, angels and answered prayers. Chicken Soup for the Soul: Messages from Heaven will renew your faith and have you recommending this book to your friends and loved ones. Once I picked it up, I couldn't stop reading it. It's that good!
on November 16, 2010
This book is absolutely awsome! I am a big fan of Chicken Soup For the Soul books
but this book is by far my very favorite. I have read this book from cover to cover. The srories are amazing and I have cried through many of them because they are that touching and inspirational, if you need encouragement in your life, buy this book it will not only help you keep the faith but perhaps make you realize you are not alone in this world EVER God is always with you no matter what!
on September 7, 2011
Get this book if you're looking for some pick-me-up, inspirational stories. The book is divided up into ten chapters, with each chapter consisting of about ten short, inspirational stories. The ten chapters (categories) are:

-Words that Changed My Life -Overcoming Adversity
-Health Challenges -Attitude Adjustments
-Every Day Is Special -Silver Linings
-Role Models -Moving Forward
-Counting Your Blessings -Gratitude

As you can see, there's a pretty broad range of topics, and as I mentioned before, the stories are short, with most being around 4 or so pages each. I liked this, because I have kind of a hectic schedule most days, and don't get much time to sit around reading inspirational books. However with this book, you can read a couple of the stories in just a few minutes, and then take away some great messages to think about for the rest of the day. So if you're looking for a few quick words of inspiration now and then, I highly recommend checking this one out.
on September 13, 2005
I settled in bed last night at about 9:30, intending to read one or two stories in this book before lights out. Flash forward to 12:30 AM and me propping my eyelids open with toothpicks as I promise myself "Just one more story."

This book is a gold mine for feline lovers. A well-established cat fanatic, I didn't think I could read anything that would make me love cats even more, yet this book did it. I was touched, moved, humored, and enamoured all over again with our furry feline friends.

A quick disclosure - I have 2 stories in the book. But since I don't make additional money if the book sells or not, I hope this review will be taken at face value. I would snatch this book off the shelves and give it to any cat lover, any day. I'm very pleased to be a part of such a fine collection.
on October 10, 2005
"There is indeed, no single quality of the cat that man could not emulate to his advantage." Carl Van Vechten

This book will make you life, cry and wonder in amazement at the bravery, intelligence, independence and sensitivity of man's other best friend, the cat!

I spent an entire day alternately laughing, crying and cuddling my kitties while reading this book. I could not put this amazing book down. It is a must read for anyone that has ever been owned by one of thse amazing creatures!
on August 15, 2008
This is a big volume with enough cat stories to make your head spin... Cats are not like dogs - they have their own rules and they demand respect from their owners. But they are also your good friends who will purr you to sleep if you treat them with the love that they demand. Most of the stories in this book are amusing and uplifting, some of them are also heartbreaking, but all of them are entertaining. If this book makes you yearn for more cats stories, you will be well served by the series of Why Some Cats are Rascals ( Book 3)
Nothing is more riveting than a true story. This is especially true when it comes to weight loss. I don't want to hear from the latest diet guru what "should" work... I want to know what DOES work.

This collection of 101 weight loss success stories shows the myriad ways a person can lose weight, get fit and eat healthy. Cooking light at home, eating wisely at restaurants, working out at home, at the gym, outdoors, using DVDs, TV shows, machines, weights, resistance bands, or just strapping on plain old running shoes -- the everyday people in this book succeeded.

Not only are the stories inspirational, but they contain loads of practical tips and specifics on how each writer did it. I especially liked the story from the rabbi who found success on a diet of Heinz vegetarian baked beans! And the woman who lied -- very creatively -- in her very first food journal in seventh grade.

If your New Years resolution is to lose weight, get fit, or just plain live more healthfully, this is a good book for you. You can read just one story a day and it'll take you into April, by which time you'll be a success story yourself!
I have had the honor of reviewing many of the 'Chicken Soup,' books and I have never been disappointed; I don't say that lightly. They all have been great reads, funny, encouraging and well worth my time. However, this one definitely stuck a cord within me, and it was perhaps one of the best I have read thus far.
I am one that has been through the empty nest and it is not always a very comfortable place to be. Loneliness and the constant feeling that something (or someone) is missing fills the home, but take heart, this too will pass.
Inside the pages of this delightful book we are treated to story after story of parents that have come upon that page in this lives. The stories are often laugh-out-loud funny, heart-touching, and practical. Just about every emotion is shown in the different tales that are shared. They are short stories, easy to read, and will leave you with the feeling that you are not alone. I liked the shortness of the stories because you will be able to read one or more a day and have a daily dose of encouragement.
It truly is a great help to know that others, from all walks of life, have experienced exactly what you are, and have made it through fine. You will be encouraged by these words and go away with the attitude that life goes on, and perhaps it is your time to shine once again. Well done. Highly recommended.
on September 30, 2012
This book contains 101 selected short stories from cat owners about their cats interesting - even amazing - antics.
The stories are well written and well edited, and I found them very interesting.
I intended to read one story a day as light relief from some of the serious e-books on war & religion that I'm currently reading.
However I found myself enjoying the book so much that I read 3 or more stories at one sitting, and finished the book much earlier than I intended.

Highly recommended for cat lovers, and for dog lovers who need convincing that felines are every bit as loving, capable and intelligent as their canine counterparts.