Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,592 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,926 reviews
on September 17, 2015
If you are down, or have health issues, family problems, or any other situation of that nature, this book will lift and inspire you. While it won't eradicate all troubles, it demonstrates how individuals through prayer and divine intervention saw the light and had a profound effect in their lives.

While some of the "Chicken Soup" books I didn't care for; this one is exceptional. It is a must read for a dose of good old fashioned faith!

I found this book to be very comforting as I went through my grief of losing my husband unexpectedly . Reading the stories of other people who have lost loved ones and have found a new life and hope encouraged me that my life would go on and that I could obtain happiness in spite of my grief.
on January 1, 2014
Think I would have missed something if this book only contained 50 or 60! As it is, I am always hoping for just one more before I hit the bios page. This book is a keeper. I now have about 150 Chicken Soup books. If you like reading POSITIVE and don't like depressing reads, I strongly recommend this book. So many teachers are using them in classrooms that you need not worry about X-rated content. Just a real shame that Amazon only allows five stars.
on August 7, 2016
My thirteen-year-old daughter was having some bad attitude problems. She was very ungrateful, and most the things that came out of her mouth were angry. So when I finally had enough I decided to come up with a different kind of punishment. I would teach her different habits and force her if needed to remember all the reason she has to be grateful. When I came across this book I was thrilled. A Christian book on her level with inspiring stories. It was exactly what I needed. She read some of these stories alone, but every night we read a few together. Most of the stories are very short, I think some of the longest were about 7 pages, but usually they were two or three. We laughed, we cried, we bonded, we learned lots of things and saw things for many different points of view. Very great uplifting book about how God can turn anything around. And how you can always turn to him no matter how dark things look. I recommend this book to everyone!!!!
on January 26, 2012
I purchased this book because I was diagnosed with cancer back in 2007. At the time, I was scared and unsure of what my future would hold. I spent my year of treatments wondering if I would ever make it to college, find a nice guy, get married, and have kids. Before my diagnosis, none of that was important, but once there was a chance that I would never experience those things, they became important.

It wasn't until after I had finished my treatments that I learned of this book. What some people don't realize about cancer is that the battle isn't over even if the treatments have stopped. You have to put yourself back into a society that may or may not understand the hardships that you have had to face. Sometimes, like with my cancer, you have a constant reminder that will never disappear. Each time you look into the mirror, you see the scars and the way you body has been forced to change in order to stop that dreaded disease.

Then you have to go out every day and watch as other people react to those scars or disfigurements. They want to ask, but they don't. You get the looks of sorrow and/or pity. The looks you don't want to see but can't help but to notice. It was hard for me to ignore those looks, no matter how hard I tried. I was about ready to give up until I saw this book.

I did not hesitate to order it and I'm so glad that I got it. Seeing and reading to other people's stories has really helped me with my recovery. I still have problems when it comes to certain things, but I'm much better. This book has many stories that deserve to be heard, shared, and understood. Whether you have had cancer, know someone who has, or not, it is worth the time and money to read it. I just hope it is as helpful to you as it was for me.
on January 12, 2017
This is a truly wonderful book especially when you feel lost or alone in the dating world. It really helps you to have hope that there are people out there perfect for you and that you will find the love you deserve. I really enjoyed reading all the stories and it inspired me to go out and be my best self. Great book!
on March 18, 2017
I really enjoy reading this book! I am a cat lover and I'm not really a fan of books but I just love the short stories in the book. I first checked it out from a library then decided to buy a brand new one from amazon. It was great for the price! It's nice to have this book around when I need a laugh. This book will not let you down! I highly recommend if you are looking for funny and cute stories about crazy furballs! :-)
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 4, 2013
As someone who believes in miracles, (yet never witnessed one) I wanted to read a book that proclaimed miracles. The miracles come in a variety of categories. Some are really big wondrous miracles and some are small day to day miracles. I found the book very encouraging in that miracles can happen to anyone, and we should never give up praying for one or praying miracles for others. I liked that the stories were short, perhaps too short in some cases, but still quite engrossing and readable. Some will bring tears to your eyes, others will amaze you, and still others that will make you smile.

I recommend this book to those who need a spark kindled in their faith. My pilot light is lit after reading this book.

kone
on December 28, 2013
I like reading about others' experiences with cancer treatment and recovery. I'm a leukemia survivor, my mom had breast, lung and brain cancer. My biological father died of brain and kidney cancer. My biological uncle has chronic leukemia. My biological grandmother died from uterine cancer. My dad (adoptive) had thyroid cancer last year. My cousin is battling colon cancer. A friend had two children (ages 11 and 8) in her family die in one year- one from the same leukemia I had, and the other from brain cancer. The 11 year old with leukemia was diagnosed less than 24 hours before he died. A local news anchor died from the same leukemia less than 2 days from her diagnosis… sometimes it gets very overwhelming, and it's nice to read about inspirational situations- and ways others got through it. It's not 'done' once treatment ends. Then starts the wondering what is going on when any little thing is different. I like the Chicken Soup books, and this one is another great one :)
on May 16, 2014
Just finished this book. As I also just recently lost a loved one, this book was timely. As a matter of fact, the very night that I left the memorial service, I had came home and the very next story I read was exactly what I needed to read in that moment. Perfect timing in deed. Stories in this book were so comforting, encouraging and uplifting. I would highly recommend this book. It is so very pleasent to read these stories of God watching over us. He really does care about us, His children.