Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 50 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 62 reviews
on June 22, 2016
DIVINE FITS is about as close to music "perfection" (& I usually don't use that word lightly, or at all) as it gets!! This is a collaberation between 2 HUGELY TALENTED "indie." musicians: Britt Daniel (of SPOON fame & the darling of the "indie" music world, as he should be!!) and Dan Boeckner of WOLF PARADE, who DIVINE FITS introduced me to.

These guys work extremely well together & the music they create together is EXCITING!! They share songwriting and vocals, and every track is OUTSTANDING!!! They share equally songwriting, vocals and guitars. Britt also does a plethora of additional instruments! (But, then, I'm prejudiced; I don't think there's anything this guy can't do!!!) And, I've only become acquainted with Britt Daniel since catching him on GeorgeFest: A Tribute To George Harrison & in my opinion, he stole the show, performing "I Me Mine". Since then, I've purchased 4 SPOON CD's in extrremely rapid succession (which is something I never do), but this was unmistakenly a most positive decision with no "buyer's remorse!

I've heard many interviews on youtube with Britt and Jim Eno of SPOON & Britt and Dan promoting DIVINE FITS (on youtube: best interviews to catch on KEXP radio in Seattle, which seems to be like a "second home" for Britt, who seems like the happiest individual on the planet & very accommodating to collaberate with just about anyone who asks!

Dan Boeckner deserves just as high praise! He's another huge talent (in other music circles, this would be described as a "supergroup", which sometimes leaves people disappointed; DIVINE FITS would definitely be the exception to this..hands down!! I don't know if it's Dan's influence, but this is a more fleshed-out release than a lot of SPOON'S. I think Dan has a good influence on Britt &, perhaps, vice versa. (Not to cut out Jim Eno/SPOON, who I feel Britt is a very loyal bandmate & friend to & talented in his own right).

If you enjoy SPOON and/or WOLF PARADE, it's a "no-brainer"; definitely get DIVINE FITS!!! What I'm enjoying, a lot, is that in DIVINE FITS, as well as sounding more fleshed out, it's also a more raw & grittier work than any SPOON & I believe that's the Dan Boeckner influence. It's my hope they do more collaberating; much more....THIS IS A WINNER!!!
on March 24, 2017
As much as I like Spoon (Brit's primary band), Divine Fits is the shiznit. This group should be writing and touring all the time. I wish more folks could hear this music, because I think most would love it almost as much as I do.

UPDATE: The more I listen to this music, the more I am just blown away by how good it is. Give these guys a try!
on September 25, 2012
If you are considering buying this album, you most likely are either a Dan Boeckner fan or a Spoon fan, or both. I am a longtime Spoon fan but after listening to the Divine Fits, I will have to learn more about Boeckner's other projects. A Thing Called the Divine Fits is fun indie/alternative pop album, filled with great melodies, 80s electronics, minimalist guitar and great vocals from both frontmen. From the perspective of a Spoon listener, it sounds like an off-the-cuff spoon album put through a strange 80's production filter. I am surprised to find the Divine Fits to be more fun than the last Spoon album, Transference, which had many good moments but could be a bit self-serious and tedious. Boeckner and Daniels seem to be enjoying themselves, and that feeling is infectious. Here's to hoping for another Divine Fits album and another Spoon album.
on August 26, 2013
I heard a few tracks on the radio, loved the sound, bought the album, loved it from start to finish.

I was describing it to my friend and told them if they liked Spoon, they'd like Divine Fits because they sound a lot like Spoon.

Then I did some reading up on Divine Fits, where I learned Divine Fits is a super group including the lead from Spoon. Oops.
on February 11, 2014
Okay, I love this collaboration between Wolf Parade and Spoon. Loved both bands individually, and together they're great. Each song is tappable and has high replay. They're so good my fiance proposed to on the way to their show because as he said, "I was waiting for a good band to come to town to ask you to marry me."
on July 20, 2015
I am so glad that I heard them while eating at Chipotle. I Shazaamed them, came here to Amazon, and bought the album. This is a MUST HAVE!!!
on August 5, 2013
I really enjoy Spoon, so I was delighted to find out about the Divine Fits. It's always fun to hear new musical collaborations. "Flaggin' a Ride" has such a Spoon sound that it almost belongs on "Transference". I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.
on December 9, 2012
I heard this in the store when shopping and I used Shazam to find this album. Considering that it could detect the songs in a busy store while my free trial period of Shazam was still going on is good.

They have this great British beat about them and I love listening to them when there is nothing else on. Other albums you have to kind of get in the mood for. This one can be listened to anytime. I am sure you will love them as much as I have.
on April 25, 2013
After one listen I really liked this CD. It feels like I will come to love it. There is just enough electronica to make it interesting without overwhelming the music it supports.
on February 1, 2015
Good job, Britt and Dan and company! Rock on! Infectious, cool, wild-ass music. The soulful parts are heart-breakers.