Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 403 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 492 reviews
on January 18, 2015
I really wanted to like this pan. It sounded perfect with an aluminum core sandwiched between stainless. Its also made by a reputable manufacturer. I thought the negative reviews were written by people that abused the product. I used it on;y on medium/low to medium gas heat. I used a bit of oil as well. Still even eggs stick after a few uses. It worked Ok at first so I purchased the 10' as well. I made the mistake of keeping them beyond the return date, now I have two pretty useless pans. I would really think about it before purchasing.
on January 31, 2016
I purchased this pan in 2013 and it worked good at first, I only hand washed it after cooling. It started sticking a bit about 6-9 months after purchase and then I bought a 12 inch greenPan from target in 2014 and this has been my main pan since. I got the Henckles pan out today to try it again and my hash browns stuck. I finished what was not stuck of the hash browns in the greenPan and it worked great. I am throwing away this Henckels pan today.

The first picture attached is the Henckels pan that shows the stuck hash browns and the second picture is the green pan after finishing the hash browns on it.
review image review image
on October 11, 2013
We bought this for Christmas 2012 and loved it at first. It's a very solid pan and feels as substantial as my multiply stainless pans. It cooks evenly and works well on an induction cooktop. But in the end, the whole point of this pan is the non-stick surface and that didn't last. Fried eggs started to stick about 6 months into its life and now everything sticks. It's not the entire surface that sticks, but about 1/3 of it. My wife and I are serious about cooking and we take very good care of our pans. This pan has always been washed by hand using regular dish-washing soap and a soft sponge. Although it's rated for high temperatures, we've never used it on a setting higher than medium-high and we've never used it in the oven. We've exclusively used plastic and bamboo utensils with it. In other words, this pan has really been babied so if the non-stick properties didn't last for us, it's hard to imagine how they would last for anyone.
88 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2017
Extremely disappointed after paying over $90 for this skillet in November of 2016 and after minimal to moderate use, the ceramic coating is already chipping off. I use a Bosch induction cooktop generally on medium heat. At this rate, I could have bought 3 sets of the cheap generic equivalent. I sent an inquiry to Zwilling JA Henckels customer service, I'm come back and post the result.
review image
on October 8, 2012
My partner fries eggs daily. I also fry eggs a few times a week. I wanted a fry pan with the magical non-stick qualities of Teflon but without all the chemical hazards. Period! So I tried cast iron first, since it is the tried and true "natural" non stick pan. Many friends and clients swear by cast iron, after years of use. It was just too much maintenance for both of us! And nothing like the experience of Teflon, where the eggs and residue simply wipe off.

After researching many of these safe non-stick fry pans, we somehow found this one. It took a lot of looking, and reading about so many pans that were either too cheap and so failed quickly, or pans that were not truly safe. I love it! It just works. The non-stick coating is super slippery, appears to be highly durable, does not smell at all, and cleans quick and easy with a nylon dish brush and soap. Exactly what I wanted.

And the pan is extremely high quality. I use All-Clad pans, and this seems right on par with them. We use it at least daily, sometimes multiple times a day, and after 9 months it is just like new. And we do not baby it. It's simply a great pan.

What else do you want in a safe, non-stick pan?
on September 22, 2016
WARNING: The non-stick quality of this fry pan does not last. I bought a 10" fry pan in march mostly to fry eggs. Worked OK to start. If you are doing over easy eggs, they would always stick a little removing egg after flipping it. But the non-stick quality slowly got worse. My wife put it in the oven to make a frittata at 400F and that totally ruined it. Note that the pan is suppose to be oven safe to 400F. Now everything total sticks like crazy. It is totally a useless fry pan. Why would you want to own a non-stick fry pan that becomes a super sticky fry pan in less than six months? I'm going with stainless steel fry pans in the future.
on April 3, 2014
In searching for a non-stick alternative to Teflon and other petro-chemical surfaces, I came across this line of cookware. The price was exorbitant compared to the standard alternatives, but I figured it would be worth it for a very high-quality, safe, non-stick pan that I would use daily. I purchased this about 1-1/2 years ago and I truly wanted to love it, if for nothing else than the amount of money I spent on it. Now, finally at the point where I need to replace it, I can say that I do not like it.

Out of the box, it performs superb; everything slides off the non-stick surface with zero effort. Cleaning was a breeze with a sponge and mild soap. However, after only 3 months of daily use (mostly breakfast: frying up meats, eggs, vegetables and such in olive oil), the surface had already hit its half-life. Mind you, this is following the manufacturer's use and care instructions to a T: no more than medium heat, no dishwasher, no metal utensils, etc. Now, 15 months later, the morning cleaning routine involves a plastic scrub pad, a major dousing of Barkeeper's Friend, some serious muscle, and about 5 minutes of intense scrubbing to get it clean.

This is a beautiful looking pan that performs well at first and is from a reputable brand. It is unfortunate that it does not live up to expectations for durability. Those of us searching for a safe non-stick that can hold up will have to keep looking.
on July 17, 2013
I have had this for 7 months and used it daily. At first it was awesome. Then it started to stain on the outside. The "stainless" steel is hard to clean. If your flat-top is at all dirty it gets backed on . The Steel rapidly turned a darkish color. Water seems to stain it too, not rust, but a blackish color.
Now to the important part; the inside.
At first the
non-stick was amazing, I tried cooking an egg with no oil or butter-no problem! The hardest thing is chasing the egg around the pan! Now the pan is sticking like crazy. The blue-ish color has become dingy-brownish on the flat surface and sticks ! The magic wore off !
This pan was used daily, hand washed and dried, never played with other pans. Only silicone spatula! No spray coatings. They should be ashamed of what they are charging for this lack of quality ! I wonder if many of the great reviews were early in the pans life( which is short) I would have given it 5 Stars but after 7 months, I wish I had not purchased it !!
55 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2014
I've owned this pan for about a year. It gets used 3-5 times a week, so it is somewhere between 150-250 uses so far. Here's what I've found:

It is too heavy. Don't get me wrong. I love heavy cookware. But in order to preserve the non-stick and make it last as long as possible, you can't put it on a burner over Medium. Which means to fry up a couple of eggs takes 5-7 min just to get it to temp.

Over the last year, the non-stick aspect has DEFINITELY gone downhill. It is nowhere near as good as when it was new. In addition, if you DON'T get it to full-temp and then oil, the thing will stick like nobody's business. Worse than any non-stick surface I've seen.

Finally, my wife fried some onions in this a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't home. I don't know how high she had the pan. Or when she put in the onions. What I know is there is a stain on the sides of this pan that will not come off. Apparently, it is a CAN-stick surface.

This will probably last me another 6 months, then I will go back to the thinner, more manageable traditional Teflon pans. I had such high hopes.
on February 8, 2015
STICKS AFTER 2 WEEKS OF USE! I don't mind paying premium prices for premium products. This is not a good product. I've taken such good care of this pan... made sure it wasn't overheated. I always hand washed it. I even tried to use large amounts of olive oil with it, but it still stuck. My aluminum cookware performs better than this. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. This product is deceptive.