BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Black Radio Recovered: The Remix
Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 1, 2012
Even as an EP, this will qualify in my book as 1 of the best albums of 2012! This gets better with every track. Afro Blue remix is nice with the flute. Black Radio remix w/ Yasiin Bey(formally known as Mos Def)by Pete Rock: how often do we get 2 say Pete Rocks name nowadays? After that, all other tracks on this EP will make U repeat @ least once B4 moving forward! Me'Shell N'Degeocello's "The Consequences of Jealosy remix is so infectiously funky, it confirms Y most music R&B/Hip Hop music on commercial radio 2day is wack: cheap, uncreatively constructed musical production!(hint hint: we miss U Timbaland & the Neptunes!) Track 4: while Solange Knowles does not appear on the original Black Radio album, she delivers her single greatest piece of work on Twice, while ?uestlove's production makes this arguably the #1 reason Y U need this EP in Ur collection, AKA a musical masterpiece @ 9:22!! Letter to Hermione f/ Bilal & Black Milk is so fat, U may not even remember the original album version or even care. Lastly, I've been waiting 6 years for Dillalude#2(paying homage 2 the greatest Hip Hop producer ever, JDilla), & coming in @ 9:10, this 1 will definitely not disappoint! If U have & appreciate the "Black Radio LP," U need "Black Radio Recovered: The Remix EP" in Ur collection even more!!
on April 24, 2016
I was introduced to Mr. Glasper in conversation with a friend who produces several styles of music. This was some solid advice. DJing thru the early 90s to early 00s allowed myself to appreciate ¿uestlove, Pete Rock and the UHMAH styles of beats. I now have a new reason to collect as many of his cds as I can to hear his evolution of this craft. I will hopefully get a chance to see Mr. Glasper & the rest of the Trio when he visits Rochester in June. Please keep up the awesome work!!
on November 17, 2012
I was unaware of this artist, until I watched a late night interview of him. I was curious and sampled his music on Amazon. After listening I decided to take a chance and download the album. I was very pleasantly surprised. After a second time through the album I realized I was blown away and hooked. I really like jazz, and this mixture of old school and new stuff caught me off guard, and continues to seductively intrigue me. Nice job by all the artists involved, and by Glasper, the orchestrator.
on May 11, 2017
Satisfied customer
on October 12, 2012
In the words of Ma Dukes (I love it!) who ends the second to last track of this wonderful project (Letter to Hermione), encourages her son to add some of J Dilla's work to his project in an effort to make this remix a slam dunk; which indeed it is. Nicely done Mr. Glasper. Much love to you and the crew for this smooth, laid back, hip hop, neo-soul classic!
on January 16, 2015
If you are a true lover are modern jazz with a soulful feel mixed with a touch of Hip-Hop flavor, this album is for you. What a musical experience that crafted on this album. If you like Robert Glasper and know how he mixed genres, you are going to love, love, LOVE.... this album. Get it. This is money well spent.
on July 15, 2013
All I have to say is that if you DIDN'T get ROBERT GLASPER CD 'BLACK RADIO" then it will be your best bet to pick up that CD as well as this one...A true artist that I have been following for a few years and he hasn't disapointed me with his music yet. Oh if you get a chance to see him and his band play live...TRUST that you WILL BE in for a treat...
on July 1, 2013
Robert Glasper has brought the world the best remix of an album this year! Love all of it! It gives me hope that music still has a significance in our society even when most radio music all sounds the same. It is refreshing to hear something more than the same old thing.
on November 14, 2016
GREAT CD
on May 29, 2013
Love the remixes. Beautiful music. Wish there could have been more remixed songs. But regardless still lives up to 5 stars. The Cd can also be purchased on robert glasper official website i think at a cheaper rate. Just check it out.