Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,566 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,032 reviews
on October 2, 2012
First, for those who have never listened to The Piano Guys or seen their videos, imagine a mix of Pop/Rock, New Age, and Classical music. Most of the music they play has an accompanying video that adds to the feel and atmosphere of each song in a way only 5 guys from Utah have been able to do. All their music is meant to be positive, uplifting, beautiful, and above all, family friendly. Fans of The Piano Guys span all age groups and are found in all corners of the world. If you are looking for something with passion that won't overwhelm the senses like so much media today, look no further than The Piano Guys.
This album comes shortly after The Piano Guys signed with Sony Masterworks. If you have heard or own their first album under their own label, then you will recognize a few of the songs on this new album, but they are welcome additions to a very well rounded track list. Not a single song feels out of place or "forgotten". The two previously unreleased songs: Titanium/Pavane and Arwen's Vigil, don't disappoint. Vigil starts soft and romantic like the title suggests, and then picks up momentum about half-way through and finishes again on a slow note. For fans of the movies, the song reflects the various ups and downs of the fantastic story in fine style. Titanium/Pavane was heard once before this release during the taping of their PBS special in mid September and the quality of the performance is certainly heard in both versions. It's obvious why this song is said to be The Piano Guys' favorite. This is the second time David Guetta was covered by The Piano Guys and I hope they plan on using more of that style of music because it translates so well onto classical instruments (with the flair that The Piano Guys are famous for). A video should, hopefully, follow the album release closely and, as always, The Piano Guys experience is not complete without the videos to go with the songs. So, if you haven't seen their youtube page, go to: [...] and check out all the great videos available. And subscribe to The Piano Guys for all their future releases.
66 comments| 246 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2016
When my son started Suzuki cello this year in kindergarten, I decided to buy the deluxe edition instead of relying on YouTube videos. The CD/DVD combo is worth it! Not only do we enjoy The Piano Guys as a family, but also their performances provide a cool image of what professional musicians can do. After my son practices, we sometimes watch The Piano Guys for inspiration, looking at Nelson's posture, movement, and emotional engagement as he plays. While my son seems to enjoy traditional orchestra music, he definitely sees that playing a stringed instrument is not limited to one style. The Piano Guys creates innovative, beautiful, and exciting work, merging both audio and visual media.
on January 20, 2017
This is lovely stuff. Ok, you're probably here because you ran across these guys on YouTube or Pandora. So you've got a good idea of what you're in for. The Star Wars one isn't as much fun without the visuals, but everything else is great. Their cover of Paradise is so much more enjoyable than the original. Michael Meets Mozart is one of my favorites by the guys as well.

This is excellent music to work by, especially if you work with words. There's not much singing, the music is uplifting without being exhausting (Hans Zimmer soundtracks, I'm looking at you here), it's like a mental massage while you work. This is Windham Hill jazzed up for today, embracing pop sounds and soundtrack bombast. Definitely worth checking out.
on September 6, 2014
I original brought the album for my grandfather for Christmas. he had fallen in love with their" let it go" verison.. and to be honest I had too. so when I order these, and saw I got a free autorip copy , I was so excited! I am in love with them! and I was never one who like melody music. I always wanted lyrics something to sing too, but this is amazing!! I love the blend of the classical music with the modern music. and some of the modern music I remember the lyrics for. so beautiful ripped together , you'd never know it was two piece put together! can't wait for the third album!
on June 1, 2017
After downloading to my smartphone/mp3 player, none of the mp3s will play! How can this be fixed? I've watched the YouTube videos a bunch of times, so I already know that I love the music. The music is 5 stars, but the technical glitch takes it down to two stars!! No problems with their "Uncharted" mp3s.
on November 2, 2013
I can't remember who first introduced me to The Piano Guys, but I saw them first on YouTube. Someday I'd like to see them in person, but for now I have this wonderful CD to listen to. It helps to have already seen the corresponding music videos on YouTube for some such as "Cello Wars," and "Peponi" (for example) is another visually appealing video as well, but it's still very interesting regardless. I enjoy creative and well-done compilations from people who apparently love what they do.
on March 30, 2013
I have only just heard of the Piano Guys and what a great find. They play their respective instruments superbly and they also get into what they are doing. Buy this CD and enjoy it. Go on Youtube or whatever and watch their videos. It is great entertainment. I would that they would make a video, for saie to watch them over and over again. If you go to view their videos, I recommend the Mission Impossible one and the Star Wars one. I do hope that they make many more CDs, especially a Christmas one or two. One thing is when you play this CD, have the bass up some. There is one song that has a kicking bass part in it. I play this CD in my car and I wonder how many people hear it, cause I got it up LOUD. Even if you are not into classical music, it is still a very great CD to listen too. It is by no means stodgy or boring. It is amazing on what these guys can do with music, with mainly a piano and a cello. And they don't limit themselves to just classical. There are non-classical pieces as well. The only bad thing about this CD is when it's finished, because you want to hear more and more of their music.
on November 1, 2012
I rarely purchase music these days. Between being able to listen on YouTube to exactly what you want to hear, and Pandora that has introduced me to many new artists... I just don't see the need to own the actual songs or CDs anymore.

I came across The Piano Guys by accident on YouTube. That evening I spent the next two hours searching out every one of their songs/videos. For the next two weeks, I was completely enamored. Finally I saw a video where they were asking for sponsors because they would love to quit their days jobs. I paid $35 for the first CD/MP3 download - more than strictly necessary to merely own the music. This is their second album and it is better than the first.

Peponi is an African style re-imagining or Coldplay's Paradise. The video is awesome, the passion of the singer, the music... the whole package is so well done that my husband will come home, put this song on repeat at max volume (hope the neighbors appreciate it) and hum along for 30 minutes or more to it. The Cello Song is one by Bach (sorry, can't recall which one) remixed as a song for eight cellos. Each and every song here is a remix of a song you know well and can hum along to, but done by top notch musicians with great arrangers behind the scenes. Reminds me of when Beatles tunes were gotten ahold of by Herb Albert and Brazil 66.

Steven Sharpe Nelson is the cellist. He started with guitar lessons as a kid, then switched to drums in his teens, then switched to cello (I may have the order wrong). Well now, the physical instrument he uses most often is the cello... and he plays it like a guitar and a drum set at the drop of a pin. (He plays piano, too, and Lord knows what else.)

John Schmidt (no verification on whether or not his middle name is Jingleheimer) is the usual pianist. He is hugely talented and plays with the same passion as Steven. It is the passion combined with the skill that makes this such a worthwhile listen.
VINE VOICEon June 10, 2014
This is literally classical and contemporary music fusion. Piano Guys choose the best well-known music, and find some way to combine them so that the whole is beautiful, enjoyable, and fun. One thing that makes me cautious toward this type of fusion is that there's too much "fake" instrumental sounds in the music, such as a dominant use of electronic synthesizers. Not the case with The Piano Guys. They may use some, but the dominant instruments are either the grand piano, a cello, or both (two of my favorite instruments!). Just listen to some samples and I think you'll agree that there's something by Piano Guys that can fit most people's musical tastes. check out their music videos too; they're doing a "seven wonders" series where they are filmed on location of different wonders of the world. A very talented group. I thank them for their wonderful playing and clever arrangements.
on November 29, 2012
The PianoGuys bring you songs which are, in my opinion, a perfect mix of classical music and popular tunes. The songs blend the two genres seemlessly and it is up to the listener to find out where the classic ends and the popular begins. Some songs will have you tapping your feet and smile. Others will simply sweep you of your feet as you dream away. That in itself, to me at least, makes it worth a listen.
But there's more. The PianoGuys show their creativity not only in how they arrange songs, but also in how they perform. They can create an entire song using only 1 piano and a variety of cello's (classic, electric and metal! cello's). Even percussion is often performed on the cello's and piano, instead of or together with conventional percussion. "Michael meets Mozart" and "What makes you beautiful" (watch the video on youtube!) are perfect examples of this.
The album also shows the Pianoguys collaborating with Alex Boyes, with great vocals, on the song "Peponi" and the Lyceum Philharmonic Orchestra on "Beethoven's 5 Secrets".
Lastly, I recommend watching their Youtube Channel. The video's, which are beautifully filmed and show amazing locations, complement the music perfectly. And it shows just how much the PianoGuys enjoy making music. That joy translates into their music. I can't help but smile when I see those video's.

Who ever said classical music and instruments had to be boring? The PianoGuys will prove you wrong! Enjoy!