Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on June 5, 2014
I had used original Skycaddie when it first came out, back when there were few course available. Then I quit playing for 6-7 years, and when I started back, tried using smartphone apps for distance and score/stat-keeping. However, smartphone apps have 2 big problems:

1) Yardages: are not always accurate, since they seem based on satellite mapping. I found a few holes where they were consistenly off by 20 yards or so. Also, the front/middle/back were based on the front/back of the green in line with the center fairway. If you were significantly off-line, that front yardage meant little for carrying a front-to-side bunker. Skycaddie yardage are based on your present line, so you know that front yardage is to carry that bunker. Also helpful when hitting long approaches over doglegs.

2) Using gps and having the display on bright to be able to read in the sunlight drained the smartphone battery quickly. I used iPhone, Nokia, and Samsung, and had the same problem on all of the them. I have to carry 1 or 2 spare batteries to charge the phone while playing, making it much bulkier to carry.

With Skycaddie, although you have to pay a subscription, you know you have good data. I chose the Breeze because it was the cheapest device to get hole yardages, not just front//center/back green yardages. So I can see what I need to hit from a tee to get to a dogleg, or designed layup on the hole (short of a creek, short or carry a bunker, end of fairway, etc). It makes shot planning much easier.

I would give any Skycaddie 5 stars, except on this device, the screen is hard to read with its backlight off in bright sunlight. There is no way to force backlight to always stay on, although I can get it to come on by covering the light sensor at the top of the screen with my thumb. Its a minor annoyance, but enough to dock it a star on this review.

One other annoyance is with score-keeping on the device. I like to track stats when I play, and the online account allows me to mark that I want to track all the stats I would like. But that does not transfer to the device, and can only keep score, putts, fairway hit (GIR derived from score minus putts) on the device. I would like to also keep chips, penalties, and first putt length, but the device does not have those stats. So I must keep stats separately on a scorecard.

Battery life is good, I can get 2-3 rounds before charging. Overall, I do like the Skycaddie Breeze and Skycaddie program.
on January 9, 2014
Preface: I am retired and an avid golfer (3 to 4 days a week) and have owned two other Skycaddies)
Love, love, love this device. Bought this unit for my wife. She wanted just the basic back, middle, and front yardage and this is perfect. Yardage is very accurate and love the display with really BIG numbers.
I currently own and use the SGX and the Breeze is every bit as good. Battery life on the Breeze is about double the SGX.
Not sure about some of the other problems some of the reviewers have cited but ours worked perfectly right out of the box. Courses are all pre-loaded so no need to download new courses.
A very unexpected benefit is if you have a Skycaddie plan already (like I do for my SGX) you can add the Breeze free of charge.
If you don't need or want the advanced features of the SGX like distance to bunkers, lakes, etc. the Breeze is for you. I actually find myself "borrowing" the Breeze often.
Oh, one more benefit is the white color. It is so easy to see and makes it impossible to accidentally leave in a black cup holder. Combine with the new white "skin" and it's near perfect.
on April 3, 2013
Great if you want a very simple GPS. Which now a days you can get it free on any phone. But if you want the extras just go ahead and pay for the SGX or SGXW. I wanted some extras. And this GPS is upgradable. But the extra's I wanted cost me an extra $100 plus the yearly fee. So just save yourself sometime and get the GPS with extra's already on it.
on February 5, 2014
I have always been a little suspect of the accuracy of a GPS unit compared to a laser rangefinder. I have a buddy who had a Skycaddie and his yardages were always within a few yards of my rangefinder so I finally decided to make the plunge and buy the Skycaddie breeze. I have been very please with it so far. I have updated it with the extra feature packs, which were on sale when I purchased the unit, and they are excellent. I love that you can move the pin position around on the green to determine the carry over various green front hazards. I had no issues at all with the software installs or the course updates.
on February 22, 2014
It works great. It was easy to use right out of box.iIt only takes four hours to charge unit. It display is easy to look at and the numbers are big and easy read.i use a three wheeled push cart when I play golf and cart has tee holder and use two tee to hold the unit on the cart .
on April 13, 2013
I have never given a product review on line until now. However, because of my dissatisfaction with this product, I need to vent. First of all, it is not nearly as simple to use as implied. My hope was that this would be much like the "watch" units - you could take a quick look at numbers, choose club, and hit. Breeze wants to know if you are finished with last hole - you punch yes button, then it takes time to update to right hole. It advances automatically sometime, sometime not. Meanwhile, my golfing partner with a Garmin watch unit has distance, hit, and on way to his next shot. Additionally, as a walker, there is not a convenient method of attaching unit on bag without fear of losing device somewhere on golf course. The clip on broke after three rounds, but was not much good to begin with. Bottom line, this thing is more of a distraction than a help on golf course.
on June 12, 2015
Simple, accurate, easy to use.

Turn it on anywhere and you're ready to play.

Buy this one.
on November 8, 2012
I have been a SG5 user for some time. I was excited to get the Breeze with the bigger screen and sleek look. I took it out of the box and played right away. The GPS locked quickly and the device moved from hole to hole easily. I really missed the green shape and the ability to move the pin, so I bought the first feature pack and now the Breeze performs like my SG5 only better. I like that it stores 50 courses and that it has preloaded basic courses available. The battery was good for the whole round. I love my new Breeze!
11 comment| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 31, 2013
Have been enjoying my Breeze a whole lot!!! numbers are large enough so that I dont have to put on my reading glasses everytime I want to see my distance. Unit is light weight and very sleek, many friends have commented on the looks and are thinking on getting their own.
on December 20, 2013
Does not hold a charge and my husband has emailed the company twice and no response. He used it for a couple months and it has been worthless since. Do not waste your money.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question