Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Phase 10
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Price:$1.99

on September 11, 2012
I have played this game for years. I am very glad it has come to Kindle. It is an easy game to learn. You have 10 specific phases to complete. You must complete each phase before you can move on to the next one. The first person to complete all 10 phases wins the game. If more that one person completes the phase in the same turn, then the person with the lowest amount of points wins. The 10 phases are:
1. 2 sets of 3
7. 2 sets of 4
8. 7 cards of one color
9. 1 set of 5 + 1 set of 2
10. 1 set of 5 + 1 set of 3
You cannot lay down part of a phase, the entire phase has to be laid down all at once. Any left over cards can be played on another players phase and also on your own phase. Players with cards left in their hand at the end of the round add those point to their score. The game plays very smoothly on the Kindle. The cards are very clear and readable. You don't get to choose the number of players - it is a 4 player game. I wish we could choose the number of players we want. I also wish there was a way to keep track of how many games we've played and how many we've won or lost. However, neither of those things should keep anyone from getting this game. I think it is a very fun game for anyone to play.
on September 21, 2012
It's a credible computer verison of Phase 10. The computer doesn't make too many obvious errors. i.e. Doesn't "watch" you pick up a discard and then discard the same card again. However, I'd also have to admit I win more than 25% of my games so it's not as good as a human player.
on September 17, 2012
Bought this game for my Kindle Touch and have played it at least 50 times since I purchased in the last few days. Thought it would be cheesy with me playing against 3 other computer people; but its not. Its fun, its progressively harder and more fun than I can tell you.
on January 8, 2013
I must live in the dark ages--and I can't even claim it's because I'm a Luddite--I'd never seen or heard of this game until I randomly found it on the Kindle game list. Apparently it's been around for years, with a card game by Mattel no less.

I downloaded it on a whim and found it a wonderful time waster for when I want to divert my mind but not think about reading, particularly right before going to sleep. I loved it so much I ended up buying it for my husband's iPad too and then migrated it over to my elderly phone. Naturally the graphics are much better on a color tablet or phone device (iAnything, Android everything) but there is one way the Kindle version is superior...

Basically, the drawback to using the backlit/color screen is that it is so enticing--and the screen so disruptive--that I was having a great deal of trouble falling asleep at night when playing it at bedtime. Even when I put it down my brain was too wired to fall asleep well. I switched back to the Kindle and I was able to play a game or two and then roll over and fall asleep when I needed to. No excess 'backlit screen over-stimulation' worries. I'd never quite believed the claims about the backlit screens, but now I do!

In any case, I love the game, and find the Kindle version is the best one for me to play before bed. My old stand-by Sudoku has definitely taken a back seat to Phase 10!

That said, I find the game enticing any time of the day. If you like Rummy type games or the 'official' mah jong games (NOT the tile matching versions, but the actual game) this is a great deal of fun!

Enticing and fun and highly recommended--particularly this Kindle version if you want to play at bed time and not end up with insomnia!

JTG
on September 16, 2012
Terrific version of the game. Cards are easy to distinguish and play is quick and smooth. I had some reservations, but at .99 cents, figured why not give it a try. Glad I did. Do wish it had a pass and play option. Maybe that will happen in an update. So four stars for that reason. If you like Phase 10, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
on March 6, 2013
Way easy game. May have lost a few hands, but never lost the game. The computer players dont pay attention to whats played and wil discard playable cards. Would be better to have dificulty selections. And why cant I select which character I want to be? Not a bad game, but could have been much better.

Edit 3-31-13
The last few games I have played have actually been a challenge PLUS I finally lost a game! I still like playing this to waste a few minutes when I have nothing else to do so all in all it's a good game.
on December 1, 2012
All of the games for your Kindle here at Amazon.com are great and I recommend all of them to try. You'll like Phase 10 and it will become one of the games that you keep going back to time and again. Start playing it and you'll find that the time is later than one o'clock in the morning and you've missed the 11 o'clock news and Jay Leno and Jimmy Fallon is writing "thank you" notes to you for buying "Phase 10".
on December 4, 2015
The new layout is not all that great. Whereas you used to be able to fast forward and make the hand come back to you within a few seconds, it now takes quite awhile longer as you have to watch all of the character animations. The only option to play is landscape and you can't take a quick peek at the scores of other players. Finally, if you're not familiar with Phase 10, it may be confusing figuring out whether other players are actually ahead of you in phases or behind. Something silly that I'm miffed about is not choosing my opponents. When you just keep getting farther and farther behind, it can become easy to dislike the little smirks on players' faces and can really benefit mixing it up. Also, can the actual players please get the option to choose an animation representative?!

What I do like about the newest version is that the graphics are nice. They're smoother than in previous versions. And I also like the constant reminder of which phase I'm on.
on October 11, 2012
I think the game is okay. The computer players (for lack of a better description)are not very good. I have not lost a single game. It would be nice to select who I am, and who the other players are, rather than having the software select the players. It would also be nice to select skill levels, but for $1.99 how can I really complain all that much.Phase 10
on October 31, 2012
It would be good if Amazon displayed the type of Kindle required for their games. I have the old Kindle, not touch screen, purchased the game and cannot play it. Wasted two dollars because Amazon does not explain any requirements. I have found this to be true on numerous items sold at Amazon.