Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Book House Cleaning branding branding branding  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 35 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36 reviews
on May 2, 2013
Whenever I have a few moments, I can practice sight reading music with this little app. Since my older brain is slow to memorize, this is a great aid for me. The other apps I have tried for this purpose just don't work as well for me. Sometimes they are hard to understand how to use. This one is simple, but effective. I have been using it for about a month and my comprehension is improving. Kudos to the developer.
on October 8, 2012
This is a great app for learning how to sight read music as well as learn the piano layout. I could see the improvement in a few hours and now I'm working on getting more accurate with the increased BPM.
on October 6, 2013
House, kids, dog etc etc, I had a hard time finding "time" to practice my notes and site reading. Simple, easy to use. I can play for a few minutes any time. My piano teacher says "what ever works"
I've seen a lot of improvement in a short time!
Ps...I could use a good chord app. Big box
on February 3, 2013
This is a great app! The one area my students tend to struggle with most is note reading. They want to learn quickly by ear, and as a piano teacher, I have to be sure they can actually read music, too. I've used this app several times and although my students find it challenging, they also find it FUN! This is very important when you're teaching younger students. It helps keep their attention. In addition, so much of what they do is computerized- including how they learn. So, this fits right in with how they live their day to day lives, both in and out of school. Note Trainer: The practice mode tells them the names of the notes. You can switch to the play mode, base or treble clef, sharps, flats, or none. My students have to read the notes on the staff and press the appropriate key on the piano. Super teaching tool and fun for all!
on January 21, 2013
A few decades ago, I practiced my notes with note cards. I would take it everywhere I go and shuffle through them to try to memorize them. Now that I'm trying to learn my piano music again, this app is a much better tool to try to remember my notes. It enables you to learn at your own speed. You can have the notations on both the virtual keyboard or music lines or you can hide them to build up the speed of your memorization. This app is a great tool!
on January 16, 2013
I've played piano off and on for about 5 years and one thing that usually inhibits me from getting back into it during my off seasons is how long it takes for me to refamiliarize myself with Piano notation. When I saw this app I downloaded it out of curiosity and was blown away by how effective it is.

It's pretty simple but offers a good amount of flexibilty at the same time and is quite enjoyable compared to staring at a piano music book for 20 minutes trying to figure out if G is the first note in the standard clef or if it's F(for anyone wondering, it's the F).

I highly recommend this app!
on February 4, 2013
i wish you could select the range of notes to review. beginners do not always know the very high or very low notes.
on December 30, 2013
This is a fun and useful app. tho I have taken adult lessons, I am not as swift as I would like to be-especially on the bass staff. This is a good exercise and helps build speed. All good things for only a dollar.
on November 27, 2016
This is extremely limited in what it teaches you and could mislead beginners completely. It has only one octave of the keyboard displayed yet uses notes on the whole of the grand staff so you are identifying 3 different notes (pitches of the same note) as the exact same note on the keyboard.
I bought it because "virtual piano trainer" was not easily available for my kindle fire. The VPT is excellent at teaching where the notes are on a piano and is free, whereas this app is virtually useless and costs monery!
on January 4, 2014
The application looks great and sounds good but it does not fit the screen, I have to scroll to play. I find it weird because the size of my tablet is pretty standard 7 inches.
I hope they fix the problem because other than that it looks great.