Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Kidz Bop All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on October 25, 2012
First of all let me say that this is an amazing deal. For the same price as the system without games you can have two games. Skyrim is the great game you have all heard it was. Those without a high speed internet connection may be a little peeved that it is only a download. The warning is concerning the other game--Forza 4. The copy that comes with this bundle is dubbed the "Essentials Edition." What this means is that the game is the same as the copy you can buy new except with 214 less cars than with the full game. You still have 320 cars and from the best I can tell the rest of the game is intact. This probably should not be a dealbreaker for most of you however as even without Forza, the Xbox 360 with the Skyrim download is still a great deal in itself. I wholeheartedly recommend this bundle.
11 comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 20, 2014
On the “My Registered Devices” page I see the following line in regard to my eligible device, “Console repairs are available at no charge through the standard warranty expiration date of Feb 12, 2014. This device is eligible for an Extended Service Plan.” Also, at the bottom of the same page, I see “Buy ESP Offer Expires in 23 Days.”

According to the policy listed on Microsoft’s website [...], Xbox 360 console owners that are within their original warranty period are eligible for an Extended Warranty. This is evidenced under “Step 2: Purchase the Microsoft Extended Services Plan.” The following is the excerpt previously mentioned, “For a console or Kinect sensor to be eligible for an extended service plan, it must currently be under the standard warranty period.”

I am within my original warranty period and am even listed as eligible. I was not able to buy the service online, so I called Microsoft support on 1/20/2014 and the phone representative refused to sell this extended warranty to me, stating that their policy was changed and I only had 45 days after purchase to buy the extended warranty. Once this change was made, I became instantly ineligible for this plan. If you follow the links on support.mircosoft.com for "warranties and repair" a 45 day limit is not mentioned anywhere in regard to Xbox 360 systems, only Xbox One. When I spoke to support over the phone, they would not even tell me when this policy changed for existing Xbox 360 owners. The phone support people said that it may have been changed in November of some year, but they were not sure.

Microsoft has retroactively made many consoles ineligible for Extended Warranties. As of 1/20/2014, if you purchased/registered your system before 12/6/2013 (45 days ago) and have not purchased an extended warranty, you can no longer purchase an extended warranty from Microsoft. Before this change, you had until your original warranty ended and were usually notified when your opportunity to buy was running out. The fact that Microsoft did not just say the change would only affect people who bought their consoles from the date of the change on is very dishonest in my opinion.

Why harm existing customers? Would it really hurt Microsoft to help their customers in this case?
on January 29, 2013
This is a good deal and the Xbox is a lot of fun. Unfortunately for me the system would not boot up after just a few hours of play.

I did some online troubleshooting and found that it was a hard drive problem (E68 was the error), and that the console works fine if I removed the hard drive (easy to do). I had purchased this for my son so I didn't want to send the whole console back to Amazon, so instead I tried to get hold of Microsoft support. This was not fun:

- On their website there were options for emailing support or live chat, no phone numbers were given (although easy to find Xbox support phone numbers on line)

- Tried live chat and spent 1 hour 15 minutes in the slowest support session I've ever had. I would type something and it would be 3 - 4 minutes before I would get a response from the tech. Eventually they logged a ticket and said I could send the drive in and they would repair / replace.

- The email confirming this indicated I must ship the drive to them at my cost. I still had tech support on live chat so queried this and they said not a problem, I would get a separate email with a shipping label. Of course this "separate email" never arrived (and I have a copy of the chat transcript to prove the tech told me they would send a shipping label).

- I tried Xbox support through Twitter. Got a fast response but was told policy is that customer pays shipping for accessories under warranty.

- Phoned Xbox support but was told the same thing. Spoke to a supervisor and he agreed that since it was basically brand new it wasn't right that I have to pay shipping but said he could not do anything about it. Offered to escalate the call but would take about a week for a response.

So today I shipped the drive back to them and paid about $19 for the shipping materials and FedEx ground shipping. Should get a repaired / replaced drive back within 2 weeks. Unfortunately all Xbox accessories (like the hard drive) only have a 90 day warranty - after having one drive fail so quickly I don't have a lot of confidence that the replacement drive isn't going to fail (probably 91 days after getting it!).

So happy with the Xbox (and more importantly my son loves it), but not happy with Microsoft.
on January 17, 2013
After my old xbox died a few months back, I was in the market for a new one. I saw this bundle, and I felt like it was the best buy on the market considering the Hard Drive space.

PROS - Xbox feels amazing. (Touch sensitive power button and disk tray are AWESOME) It runs whisper quiet. When you install games to the hard drive, sometimes you won't even realize the xbox is still running. I accidentally left in on the 1st night because I couldn't hear that jet engine-like sound my last one used to make. Forza is fun, except for the cars issue (read cons), and I don't really care for Skyrim, so I sold that to a friend.

CONS - Forza 4 isn't the FULL game. It's the "essentials" edition, which means all of the best cars in the game are going to cost Microsoft points. I spent well over 1600 unlocking all the cars. Also, the wired microphone that came with the xbox snapped after about a month, so beware of that. Finally, invest in a play-and-charge kit. I never used AA batteries before to power my controllers, but it eats through them insanely fast.
on August 26, 2014
If you are looking to upgrade an old gaming console, or getting your first, the Xbox 360 and this bundle in particular is where you should be headed. This comes with a couple of very popular games in Forza racing and Elder scrolls: Skyrim, an RPG. Both games retailed for over $50 when new and come included in this bundle, saving around $100 just with those. This console also comes with the large 250GB hard drive, which becomes very useful for downloading games, movies and music directly from the Xbox Live internet subscription (it is a premium service, charged separately, but well worth the $8 or so a month). This version of the XBOX also has wifi capability, so you don't have to attach an Ethernet cord to your router/modem, etc., if you so choose.

I highly recommend this purchase, not just for the gaming ability, but also for the movies (DVD and direct streaming services like netflix), music, internet browser, in addition to the many other apps they offer.
on January 16, 2013
This revision of the Xbox 360 hardware is much quieter than the original and slightly smaller. The buttons are not mechanical on this one, either; they are touch-sensitive and have no actuation. The included Forza 4 essentials edition was useless to me since I already owned the full game. The essentials edition only has ~320 of the ~500 cars of the full edition. Shame on Microsoft for not including the full Forza 4 game. Also, the included one month of Live Gold is a little cheap. Make it at least a three month trial. These dings plus the fact that I had to replace my old 360 due to Microsoft's (continued) cutting corners is why I've only given three stars. If you're looking to buy one now (Jan 2013) and do not have a library of 360 games to play then I would wait until the anticipated release of the next Xbox in the fall/winter of 2013.
on December 1, 2016
Perfect! In excellent, brand new condition & exactly what I expected. Thanks so much!!
on March 23, 2017
Ordered for my teen niece and nephew. Their mom now has to drag them away from the game to get their chores done.
on January 7, 2013
I got this as a Christmas present from the wife. I have wanted to play Skyrim for sometime, and determined that getting an XBox would be the easiest way to accomplish this. (I didn't want to invest in a new gaming PC for one game.) I am completely hooked on Skyrim now! It has been years since I have played a game like this. When I say years think back to the original Diablo. The world of Skyrim is almost overwhelming, it is so vast, I did also purchase a Skyrim guidebook which was very helpful in learning my way arround.

Some people have complained about Forza 4, Essentials Edition being limited in cars you can drive and other shortcomings. Frankly it really doesn't matter, Skyrim makes up for any shortcommings in Forza 4. I also enjoy Forza 4 and really didn't notice anything lacking in that game.

One thing you need to be aware of is the fact that you do have to buy an XBox Gold account after your one month subscription. If you by the 12 month card from Amazon it is only $45 and it is well worth it.
on March 28, 2013
I ordered this for my youngest son (13 year old) so he and his older brother wouldn't fight over the other Xbox! This "bundle" was a holiday 2012 special that included a couple of games (one was the Forza racing game the other was a downloadable game) and there was a token for a one month Xbox live membership. I like the idea of the "bundle" where there is some additional games etc included with the console but I think Microsoft would benefit the consumer more by allowing the purchaser to have the ability to chose which games they want to download rather than no choice other than the games included in the bundle. My son already had one of the games so it was a duplicate and no real value to him. Other than the lack of choice, the bundle is a great idea and the product has worked flawlessly for him! No real regrets.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.