Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Platform for Display: 250GB Holiday Value Bundle|Edition: Standard|Change
Price:$279.00 - $358.00

Showing 1-10 of 343 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 387 reviews
on October 25, 2012
First of all let me say that this is an amazing deal. For the same price as the system without games you can have two games. Skyrim is the great game you have all heard it was. Those without a high speed internet connection may be a little peeved that it is only a download. The warning is concerning the other game--Forza 4. The copy that comes with this bundle is dubbed the "Essentials Edition." What this means is that the game is the same as the copy you can buy new except with 214 less cars than with the full game. You still have 320 cars and from the best I can tell the rest of the game is intact. This probably should not be a dealbreaker for most of you however as even without Forza, the Xbox 360 with the Skyrim download is still a great deal in itself. I wholeheartedly recommend this bundle.
11 comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2012
I ordered this product on Thanksgiving Day, 2012. I selected Free Super Saving, and it was here the NEXT day. Extremely fast service. Very proud of Amazon. Overall this console is well worth the price of $250. For all those that complain about the Gold membership, why buy an Xbox 360? There are cheaper alternatives if all you want is a Netflix ready device. You get what you pay for with the Xbox Gold membership. It is one of the best online systems available right now. It has the blockbusters that everyone wants to play with the benefits of GOLD. You get what you pay for. Works great, fast shipping, no scratches, no broken headsets, everything came in perfect condition. Skyrim downloaded in about an hours time, looks great, plays great. Well worth the $250 price.
on June 16, 2014
This is my very first console and I love it. Although I've had it for less than a week, it's been great. It came with everything it said it would and it came with a headset, even though I didn't read where it would. I love the touch sensitive power and eject buttons. It really is an all in one entertainment system WHICH I was not expecting since it's my first console. I order the system on Wed at 5:30pm and selected the one day delivery and I received it at 1:30pm the next day. I only wish that Forza 4 could have been switched out with a different game. The system is very silent, I play for 4+ hrs at a time and I don't even hear the internal fan. I even bought an external fan for my console and I think I may return in to be honest.

If servers going down in the near future is a problem to you then I would suggest you save your money and get an Xbox One. If you don't care about the servers, or the lack of games for Xbox One you can either get the Xbox 360 or Xbox One, both have the same Windows 8 User Interface unfortunately....(I bought the 360 because I didn't think it would look like Windows 8 and I don't care about online play and Xbox has a lack of games and the little it had didn't interest me). But the Xbox 360 does not do the snap screen feature like the Xbox One.

Overall, it's a great investment. I'll try to update this after a few months!
on January 20, 2014
On the “My Registered Devices” page I see the following line in regard to my eligible device, “Console repairs are available at no charge through the standard warranty expiration date of Feb 12, 2014. This device is eligible for an Extended Service Plan.” Also, at the bottom of the same page, I see “Buy ESP Offer Expires in 23 Days.”

According to the policy listed on Microsoft’s website [...], Xbox 360 console owners that are within their original warranty period are eligible for an Extended Warranty. This is evidenced under “Step 2: Purchase the Microsoft Extended Services Plan.” The following is the excerpt previously mentioned, “For a console or Kinect sensor to be eligible for an extended service plan, it must currently be under the standard warranty period.”

I am within my original warranty period and am even listed as eligible. I was not able to buy the service online, so I called Microsoft support on 1/20/2014 and the phone representative refused to sell this extended warranty to me, stating that their policy was changed and I only had 45 days after purchase to buy the extended warranty. Once this change was made, I became instantly ineligible for this plan. If you follow the links on support.mircosoft.com for "warranties and repair" a 45 day limit is not mentioned anywhere in regard to Xbox 360 systems, only Xbox One. When I spoke to support over the phone, they would not even tell me when this policy changed for existing Xbox 360 owners. The phone support people said that it may have been changed in November of some year, but they were not sure.

Microsoft has retroactively made many consoles ineligible for Extended Warranties. As of 1/20/2014, if you purchased/registered your system before 12/6/2013 (45 days ago) and have not purchased an extended warranty, you can no longer purchase an extended warranty from Microsoft. Before this change, you had until your original warranty ended and were usually notified when your opportunity to buy was running out. The fact that Microsoft did not just say the change would only affect people who bought their consoles from the date of the change on is very dishonest in my opinion.

Why harm existing customers? Would it really hurt Microsoft to help their customers in this case?
on January 29, 2013
This is a good deal and the Xbox is a lot of fun. Unfortunately for me the system would not boot up after just a few hours of play.

I did some online troubleshooting and found that it was a hard drive problem (E68 was the error), and that the console works fine if I removed the hard drive (easy to do). I had purchased this for my son so I didn't want to send the whole console back to Amazon, so instead I tried to get hold of Microsoft support. This was not fun:

- On their website there were options for emailing support or live chat, no phone numbers were given (although easy to find Xbox support phone numbers on line)

- Tried live chat and spent 1 hour 15 minutes in the slowest support session I've ever had. I would type something and it would be 3 - 4 minutes before I would get a response from the tech. Eventually they logged a ticket and said I could send the drive in and they would repair / replace.

- The email confirming this indicated I must ship the drive to them at my cost. I still had tech support on live chat so queried this and they said not a problem, I would get a separate email with a shipping label. Of course this "separate email" never arrived (and I have a copy of the chat transcript to prove the tech told me they would send a shipping label).

- I tried Xbox support through Twitter. Got a fast response but was told policy is that customer pays shipping for accessories under warranty.

- Phoned Xbox support but was told the same thing. Spoke to a supervisor and he agreed that since it was basically brand new it wasn't right that I have to pay shipping but said he could not do anything about it. Offered to escalate the call but would take about a week for a response.

So today I shipped the drive back to them and paid about $19 for the shipping materials and FedEx ground shipping. Should get a repaired / replaced drive back within 2 weeks. Unfortunately all Xbox accessories (like the hard drive) only have a 90 day warranty - after having one drive fail so quickly I don't have a lot of confidence that the replacement drive isn't going to fail (probably 91 days after getting it!).

So happy with the Xbox (and more importantly my son loves it), but not happy with Microsoft.
on January 17, 2013
After my old xbox died a few months back, I was in the market for a new one. I saw this bundle, and I felt like it was the best buy on the market considering the Hard Drive space.

PROS - Xbox feels amazing. (Touch sensitive power button and disk tray are AWESOME) It runs whisper quiet. When you install games to the hard drive, sometimes you won't even realize the xbox is still running. I accidentally left in on the 1st night because I couldn't hear that jet engine-like sound my last one used to make. Forza is fun, except for the cars issue (read cons), and I don't really care for Skyrim, so I sold that to a friend.

CONS - Forza 4 isn't the FULL game. It's the "essentials" edition, which means all of the best cars in the game are going to cost Microsoft points. I spent well over 1600 unlocking all the cars. Also, the wired microphone that came with the xbox snapped after about a month, so beware of that. Finally, invest in a play-and-charge kit. I never used AA batteries before to power my controllers, but it eats through them insanely fast.
on August 26, 2014
If you are looking to upgrade an old gaming console, or getting your first, the Xbox 360 and this bundle in particular is where you should be headed. This comes with a couple of very popular games in Forza racing and Elder scrolls: Skyrim, an RPG. Both games retailed for over $50 when new and come included in this bundle, saving around $100 just with those. This console also comes with the large 250GB hard drive, which becomes very useful for downloading games, movies and music directly from the Xbox Live internet subscription (it is a premium service, charged separately, but well worth the $8 or so a month). This version of the XBOX also has wifi capability, so you don't have to attach an Ethernet cord to your router/modem, etc., if you so choose.

I highly recommend this purchase, not just for the gaming ability, but also for the movies (DVD and direct streaming services like netflix), music, internet browser, in addition to the many other apps they offer.
on January 9, 2013
I have a 360 elite and just bought this as a second xbox because my wife has started playing a lot and I hate split screen games lol. In any case, a few things to compare and contrast:

1) The 360s has built-in wifi, no external adapter required.

2) Microsoft has still not redesigned the DVD caddy to not destroy your DVD's if the system should accidentally get knocked over from vertical orientation while its in use. I've had several $50+ ruined DVD's from this happening when friends were careless and tripped on a cord since I often take my xbox to friends' houses to have competitive play. What they have done is added a large sticker to the front of the system telling you to not move it while it's on. Umm okay, already knew that, but thanks.

3) I had no problem pairing my old controllers with this so those obviously haven't changed. You may have forgotten how to do this though, and it will come paired to the controller in the box, so if you want to set it up using an old controller, here's how: turn it on, press a very small button just outside of the USB port door on the front of the xbox to put it in pairing mode. The glowing light should begin a circular pattern at this point. On the front side of your controller near the recharge port, there's also a small circular button, press and hold for a bit and it will start making the same pattern. They should pair and then you can go through setup.

4) There's an optical audio output on this xbox; you no longer need the external adapter to hook it to a theater system if you're not taking audio off the hdmi cable.

5) The power supply has been redesigned again so your old supply won't work nor will this one hook to an old 360. The good news is it supposedly draws a lot less power than earlier models.
on January 16, 2013
This revision of the Xbox 360 hardware is much quieter than the original and slightly smaller. The buttons are not mechanical on this one, either; they are touch-sensitive and have no actuation. The included Forza 4 essentials edition was useless to me since I already owned the full game. The essentials edition only has ~320 of the ~500 cars of the full edition. Shame on Microsoft for not including the full Forza 4 game. Also, the included one month of Live Gold is a little cheap. Make it at least a three month trial. These dings plus the fact that I had to replace my old 360 due to Microsoft's (continued) cutting corners is why I've only given three stars. If you're looking to buy one now (Jan 2013) and do not have a library of 360 games to play then I would wait until the anticipated release of the next Xbox in the fall/winter of 2013.
on March 23, 2017
Ordered for my teen niece and nephew. Their mom now has to drag them away from the game to get their chores done.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.