Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM March Birthstone Book House Cleaning GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

• Kiss
  • Customer Reviews

Showing 1-10 of 158 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 213 reviews
on December 19, 2012
Most of the songs sound the same after a while. Would recommend the cd if you are a huge fan.
on October 13, 2012
I don't buy much music like this. I mostly listen to hard rock but this one had a catchy sound so I grabbed it. I'm not gonna go on and on here. If you like call me maybe then buy it. I liked all the songs and will bet you were gonna here a few on the radio because this girl is good.
on March 28, 2013
This album shows that Carly has more to offer than a one-hit wonder. Kiss offers 16 strong tracks for more than the teen audience. The album is fun, well-produced, & the ultimate is super-pop music. Stand outs on the record include: Guitar String/Wedding Ring - a heartfelt mid-tempo song produced & co-written by the remarkable hit-maker Josh Ramsay of Marianas Trench; Turn Me Up - a dance track co-written by Kevvy Mental of Fake Shark Real Zombie; & a Tonight I'm Getting Over You co-written by pop powerhouse Max Martin.
on March 23, 2013
When I bought this album I already knew some of her work from owl city and other songs on the radio, but when I got the album i was a little afraid that it would not be a good exercise or work album, maybe even a little too bubble gum. I was happy to find that not only did it fit in well in every situation but also left be feeling better for having bought it. No cussing, makes this a good album for the whole family and the up beat nature of the album leaves you happy to leave it on repeat all day long.
on December 2, 2013
One of the all time best dance and feel good cd's I have ever bought! Enjoyed Carly more then all the other CD's I have bought of all the current stars that you get tired of hearing about! Wish more people could discover this music. Call Me Maybe is the reason I purchased it but the entire cd is just as great!
on January 2, 2013
I bought this album when it was on a $1.99 special. Being that I liked two of the songs, I figured it wasn't that much of risk. If you like the two hit songs, you'll probably like the rest of the songs, as they all pretty much sound right around the same. In fact, if "Call Me Maybe" wasn't on the radio, I probably would not have thought it to be hit-worthy by the time I got to it while listening to the album. Her vocals suggest she has a small range and does not know how to add infliction in her voice, and the music all sounds the same (similar drum and keyboard sounds throughout all the songs).

The furthest breakway to the apparently cookie-cutter formula that Carly Rae Jepsen used was Good Time, which features Owl City in both music and vocals. It sounds like Owl City was the one who wrote the song. The only other song that breaks the standard model was Beautiful, the prerequisite ballad, which sounds like a lot of other ballads out there currently.

Again, there is nothing bad about this album. There is no song on here that I just had to skip because it was painful to my ears. Other than the two hit songs, however, there really isn't anything that really stands out and screams "I'm the next hit song!!" either. If you can get it on special like I did, it's alright to pick up. Just don't pay full price for this one.
on September 28, 2012
I loved her EP, and this CD is OK. I am a rock fan and normally don't listen to POP, but I like Carly Rae's music. This CD however, shows the influence of the record companies. Instead of her usual great voice and clean music, this is mixed to death and ruined a couple of her fantastic songs. The remixes aren't worth the money and the CD is overmixed destroying the integrity of the work. Carly Rae it seems has sold out to Bieber and manager to come up with a mediocre CD after one of the best EP's I have heard in a long time. I suggest getting the EP and leaving this alone.
on March 17, 2013
I bought this album because "Call Me Maybe" was really catchy. After listening to the entire album, I realized this selection of songs is better suited for teens and young 20-somethings. It's overly bubbly and cute. I could see how great this album would be if I were 16 or 17 -- instead of 32. Never the less, I think Carly has a future in that age bracket.
on October 28, 2012
This is a great album to have going in the background of a party or BBQ. Yes, after awhile the songs do sound the same but they're quite enjoyable
on October 2, 2012
The four extra tracks on the deluxe edition (Drive, Wrong Feels So Right, Sweetie, and I Know You Have a Girlfriend) are great songs that should have been on the album in the first place! If not for those songs this album gets two stars. I tried so hard to like this album; I own both versions of the album and have listened to them many times but I only like a few songs. Carly is very very talented at singing and I truly believe in her and I think this was a good step forward in her young music career. Moveover, I do hope she doesn't fall for the 'pop' style forever,I think she should keep trying new kinds of music to express her feelings. I much prefer her amazing work on her first album "Tug of War" (released in 2008) which is way more creative and memorable than "Kiss".

Track by Track (w/ extra songs)

1.)Tiny Little Bows - Not a bad song it's just good enough. 5/10
2.)This Kiss - Great pop song with a little heat! 9/10
3.)Call Me Maybe - Oh no it's this song .....no comment 1/10 (Disclaimer: the cookie monster's version is better =D *Wink*)
4.)Curiosity - ok here we go I nice original pop song 8/10
5.)Good Time (with Owl City)- Great summer song!! 10/10
6.)More Than a Memory - For me here is were it goes down hill 6-9 11-12 - generic as heck 3/10
7.)Turn Me Up - Well, this song is horrifyingly terrible to be kind 0/10
8.)Hurt So Good - a pop song....do I need to say more? 4/10
9.)Beautiful (with Justin Bieber)- I like it 6/10
10.)Tonight I'm Getting Over You - Powerful song I ownly song that is memorable! above 10/10
11.)Guitar String / Wedding Ring - Carly let Taylor Swift sing this not you! 1/10
12.)Your Heart Is a Muscle" - This song is just weird 0/10