Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

• Kiss
  • Customer reviews

on March 23, 2013
When I bought this album I already knew some of her work from owl city and other songs on the radio, but when I got the album i was a little afraid that it would not be a good exercise or work album, maybe even a little too bubble gum. I was happy to find that not only did it fit in well in every situation but also left be feeling better for having bought it. No cussing, makes this a good album for the whole family and the up beat nature of the album leaves you happy to leave it on repeat all day long.
on January 2, 2013
I bought this album when it was on a $1.99 special. Being that I liked two of the songs, I figured it wasn't that much of risk. If you like the two hit songs, you'll probably like the rest of the songs, as they all pretty much sound right around the same. In fact, if "Call Me Maybe" wasn't on the radio, I probably would not have thought it to be hit-worthy by the time I got to it while listening to the album. Her vocals suggest she has a small range and does not know how to add infliction in her voice, and the music all sounds the same (similar drum and keyboard sounds throughout all the songs).

The furthest breakway to the apparently cookie-cutter formula that Carly Rae Jepsen used was Good Time, which features Owl City in both music and vocals. It sounds like Owl City was the one who wrote the song. The only other song that breaks the standard model was Beautiful, the prerequisite ballad, which sounds like a lot of other ballads out there currently.

Again, there is nothing bad about this album. There is no song on here that I just had to skip because it was painful to my ears. Other than the two hit songs, however, there really isn't anything that really stands out and screams "I'm the next hit song!!" either. If you can get it on special like I did, it's alright to pick up. Just don't pay full price for this one.
on November 9, 2015
This is a fun, infectious album. I honestly do not see why she is not more popular. I would take these songs over almost anything currently on the radio being touted as "hits." I am only sorry it took me so long to discover! If you like a throwback, 80's pop vibe.. try this out! You won't be sorry
* In honor of the artist's copyright this CD has been purchased. *

Seriously, nothing can beat Carly's Call Me Maybe," but this album will be close and may even eclipse it. Carly wasn't a Canadian Idol winner, but she's moved far beyond that as a singer/songwriter. There's something that's sure to please `most anyone on this pop album, an album that will appeal to everyone from the country fan to the dance fanatics with it's infectious beats and lyrics.

There are two songs, "Call Me Maybe" and "Curiosity," that are oldies (not too old), but goodies and I'm really happy to see them as they are getting harder to snag copies. With the inclusion of songs we've heard before, there's not need to buy or search for Carly's other albums, except maybe her import, Tug of War. All in all, can't say anything except that I love this fantastic U.S. debut album!

1. Tiny Little Bows

Carly Rae starts off "Kiss" with a rush onto the dance floor with "Tiny Little Bows. This definite gotta-move-my body song drifts back through time as she echoes Sam Cooke's song "Cupid." A quick steel drum intro into the lyrically and quite memorable phrase, "Cupid draw back your bow. And let your arrow go. Straight to your lovers heart for me," was masterfully incorporated into the song.

2. This Kiss

"This Kiss" is one of those happy, innocent, upbeat songs that could have been yanked right out the the 80s. "This kiss is something I can't resist / Your lips are undeniable This kiss is something I can't risk ..." Although there are a lot of good songs on this album, this is the new one that will probably help move it up the charts.

3. Call Me Maybe

This is *the* hit that went round the world and hit the top of the charts. If you know Carly, this is her signature song. "This Kiss" might propel the album, but "Call Me Maybe" cements it together. "Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy / But here's my number, so call me maybe / It's hard to look right, at you baby / But here's my number, so call me maybe ..." Ah, now you remember the song, that is if you could ever forget it. Remember the Harvard guys in the van?

4. Curiosity

Déjà vu again. Curiosity is the third track on her album (her second release) of the same name. This is another track that will cement the album together because even in Canada there is a one to two month wait to get it. :I know, I know, I know you got the key / And you know, you know, you know that it's for me / It's not up to you, you know it's up to me but / Curiosity will never let me go ..."

5. Good Time (Owl City)

This is definite pop and veers a bit away from the rest of the album sound-wise, but still has that wow factor. "Woke up on the right side of the bed / What's up with this Prince song inside my head? / Hands up if you're down to get down tonight / Cuz it's always a good time."

6. More Than a Memory

This song is still catchy, but a bit more serious in both the song and lyrics. For a breaking-up-is-hard-to-do type of song it's a somewhat lacking in the sincerity department, but still hot. "Are we gonna be more than a memory / Knowing that how lame apology / I let go of you, you let go of me ..."

7. Turn Me Up

This is another one that will pull you onto the dance floor with its rhythmical beat. Very club, very hot, but not quite as infectious as Little Bows. It's a breaking up, but I'm moving on song. "Turn me up, turn me on / Why don't you turn me on? / I'll turn me up, why don't you turn me on? / I'll turn me on (on, and on, and on) / I'll turn me up why don't you turn me on?"

8. Hurt So Good

Pop, hot, totally peppy `n catchy ... if hurting can fall in that category, Carly Rae can do it. "I don't ever want to let you go / We could take it nice and make it slow / I'm afraid that you misunderstood / Every day is just a wish I could / And why you gotta make it hurt so good"

9. Beautiful

Justin Bieber. Such a wild and wonderful combination of voices ... need I say more? Yeah, I will. The mix on this one is unusually well-blended, making it sound as if you had two songs, each one coming out of a different speaker. Beautiful is the word for this song. "What makes you so beautiful, is you don't know how beautiful you are to me / You're not trying to be perfect / Nobody's perfect, but you are, to me / It's how you take my breath away"

10. Tonight I'm Getting Over You

This is a techno I'm-gonna-break-up-with-you and, once again, will pull people onto the dance floor. Carly has more emotion in this song than some of her other breaking up songs. "We're not lovers, but more than friends / Put our flame to every single word you ever said / No more crying, to get me through / I keep dancing til the morning with somebody new"

11. Guitar String / Wedding Ring

Carly says this song is something in the middle ... not married or engaged. I was a bit middle of the road on this one and felt it was the weakest song on the album, but many will let their emotions fly on this one and love it. "But if you cut a piece of guitar string / I would wear it like it's a wedding ring wrapped around my finger, you know what I mean / You make my heart sing"

12. Your Heart Is A Muscle

This is a heartache, heartbreak song that could have been performed by Celine Dion. Loved the way Carly pulled this one off. Its beauty is in the reflection of its pain. "If I can turn this pain around / I'll fly to where you are right now / I ain't even to the sky /Put that little light up your eyes"
on December 2, 2013
One of the all time best dance and feel good cd's I have ever bought! Enjoyed Carly more then all the other CD's I have bought of all the current stars that you get tired of hearing about! Wish more people could discover this music. Call Me Maybe is the reason I purchased it but the entire cd is just as great!
VINE VOICEon July 26, 2013
I kept hearing people talking about "Kiss" and "Call Me Maybe" and thought, what's it all about? So, curiosity made me buy the CD and, oddly enough, I think "Curiosity" is one of the two best songs on the CD. While I like "Kiss" and "Call Me Maybe" they didn't make me want to sing along like everyone else apparently did. But I have to crank up "Curiosity" when it comes on and I think that "More Than a Memory" is the best song on the album. I like the way she sings, but I have to say that "More Than a Memory" has potential as a powerful song and with someone with a really powerful voice, it could be a show stopper. And again, that's nothing against how Carly sings. She has a beautiful voice. So, what do I want you to know from this review? It's a pop-and-dance sort of CD with some catchy songs. If you like that kind of music, you'll probably like it. If you don't, then skip it and check out a genre that you do like.
on November 17, 2016
Excellent gift item
on March 17, 2013
I bought this album because "Call Me Maybe" was really catchy. After listening to the entire album, I realized this selection of songs is better suited for teens and young 20-somethings. It's overly bubbly and cute. I could see how great this album would be if I were 16 or 17 -- instead of 32. Never the less, I think Carly has a future in that age bracket.
on September 28, 2012
I loved her EP, and this CD is OK. I am a rock fan and normally don't listen to POP, but I like Carly Rae's music. This CD however, shows the influence of the record companies. Instead of her usual great voice and clean music, this is mixed to death and ruined a couple of her fantastic songs. The remixes aren't worth the money and the CD is overmixed destroying the integrity of the work. Carly Rae it seems has sold out to Bieber and manager to come up with a mediocre CD after one of the best EP's I have heard in a long time. I suggest getting the EP and leaving this alone.
on January 11, 2013
So, there are two songs on this album that are noteworthy but the remaining songs are just "okay". Most of the songs sound the same and aren't necessarily "bad" but I wouldn't really rave about them.