YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 New Year, New You Valentines Day STEM Shop Popular Services Gleason Gleason Gleason  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now NYNN

Size: 12 4E US|Color: White|Change

Showing 1-10 of 206 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 215 reviews
on June 15, 2014
I have worn them 3 times now for tennis, I will not wear them again.
As others have written vs 804 its an inferior cheapened product but at $100+ they are not cheap
My tennis coach plays in Babolat for similar price..
First thing is the very poor insole, the 804 has a shaped insole with a heel cup.
The 806 has just a cheap basic liner, I ended up using the old insole from 804.
Another problem is they have gone from 7 lace holes to 6, the last lace holes are now higher up the foot.
I cannot get the shoe tied as tight as I like, it feels like my foot is slipping out.
In summary I am not happy with them for playing tennis.
I will play in my 804 until I find another brand I like.
I think New Balance now makes tennis shoes for walking around the mall not for serious tennis players playing hard court tennis.
on April 11, 2014
I purchased this shoe in July 2013 for my husband at a cost of over $100. He has wide foot and New Balance has met his needs.

Until this shoe.

He plays tennis several times a week and had worn the shoe 11 times, alternating it with two other pairs.

Today the left toe of the shoe split -- a first ever occurrence in a New Balance tennis shoe for him, and he has worn New Balance since 1991. The leather split at the seam of the toe. The circular split is six inches long and the leather cover is brittle.

According to Amazon's return policies there is not much we can do. Guess we will donate the pair to charity and let someone try to secure the leather back to the shoe. Duct or electrical tape may hold the shoe together.

Shoddy workmanship! New Balance needs better quality control, especially on higher cost shoes.

What a waste of money!
on March 10, 2014
This style of shoe has been getting more narrow in the toe and shorter with each subsequent model change. My size used to be 11 3E, then I had to change to 11 4E, and now I need 11.5 or 12 5E or 6E width IF IT WAS AVAILABLE.
on July 24, 2013
Almost as good as the MC803. 804 was so bad I played in my last pair of 803 until the sole fell off. Runs small: I had to order half a size larger than any other shoe I wear and still too small. Hard tie shield ts too narrow (pointy). New Balance has their U.S. Sizes really out of calibration. The last year or so I have had to order one to 1 1/2 sizes than any other brand.
on January 20, 2015
This is my second pair, having worn the first down beyond the sole in some areas. This shoe is one of the best fitting 800 series in recent memory, having started with the 800, the the 801, 902, 803 and 804. There was no 805 to my knowledge. That is easily over 10 years of tennis playing experience, probably more.

For the last series, the 804, the first pair was great. The second pair had quality issues so bad that I had to send it back for quality of the tongue. The tongue on one side was so short that the laces would be at the very edge of the tongue, and I could see the tongue pulling forward leaving the last set of lacing on my socks. The third pair was not much better, but good enough. The later 804 tongues were just too short, and the loop lacing system to cinch the heel tighter was not great, the last set of eyelets being in the wrong place for my foot.

The 806 fixes both these issues, with a much longer tongue and a much better loop lacing system for the last set of eyelets, very well placed for extra stability in the heel.

Just played 1.5 hours of tennis in them last night out of the box, no break in. They were a very stiff at first, but by the end of the night felt great. I use the New Balance IUSA3810 series insole in this shoe and many other shoes, and this is what makes it a perfect fit for me. The other important thing is this shoe has an adequate toe box to prevent toe cram on fast start, stop and turns.
on August 10, 2014
Ordered these for my husband in June 2014 as he has been wearing New Balance for years and always found them to be both comfortable and supportive in his size, which can be hard to find, 11 4E. Previously, quality was excellent. By August 2014 ... TWO MONTHS!!! ... shoes are falling apart. Like many others have noted, New Balance quality has gone to ***!** Why pay over $100 for shoes that don't even last TWO MONTHS?! New Balance has lost a dedicated customer.
on June 4, 2016
I've been wearing NB shoes for years & I like the fact that they offer different widths (I usually take a 2E). I ordered these to use as actual 'tennis' shoes because the 622's & 856's that I really like, don't feel stable enough for a rough game of tennis. These seem to work really well on the court- they feel solid & stable, have moderate arch support (which I prefer- my arches are pretty low, so high arch shoes just hurt), and the 2E width fits as expected. Will buy again.
on February 15, 2016
I was lowered my rating on previous review. But after tried Nike cage2 and babolat fsx Wimbledon , nb 806 is still the best option on market despite everyone agreed it's a lower quality than previous model.
Babolat is a junk and made in paper. Don't even try it. Nike cage 2 can fit 4e wide feet like mine. It takes sometime to break in. If you are tired of nb, you can try it. The on court feeling is different and it last much longer than thin nb out sole.
Nb give best comfort and room for toe. Feel great on court. Just can't last over a month on a five days a week play time.
on December 21, 2016
I purchased the size 11 2E. They are comfortable, feel light when you wear them and have ample width in the toe box. They may even be slightly wider than others I've worn. If your foot is just barely on the wide size, you may be able to get away with standard sizing. I wear these while playing racquetball.
on November 2, 2013
I liked the fit of the MC804's better but they don't come in this size at Amazon. The MC806 were to small especially around the ball of the shoe.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.