Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 242 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 324 reviews
on April 25, 2013
I got this cd for my mom and she absolutely loved or I love the cd as well would definitely recommend this seller and the cd to a friend. I am pleased :-)
on April 22, 2016
Nice love it. Came fast
on April 17, 2014
Reminds me of a modern day Prince. Great Album. Instant classic in my opinion. Several songs on the album worth buying as singles so go ahead and buy the whole thing.
on January 15, 2013
I really didn't listen to Miguel until i heard "Kaleidoscopic Dreams" and "Do You" late one night an i have been a fan since.
on October 2, 2012
"Adorn" - Beautiful falsetto notes. Contemporary radio R&B classic. 5 stars.
"Don't Look Back" - Not fond of the chorus but other than that the song is solid. 3.75 stars.
"Use Me" - Great almost mechanical beat. Feels busy. 4.5 stars.
"Do You..." - Has a unique beat and speaks on special stuff a potential lover has in common with the other. Isn't really explicit other than the lyrics, "Do you like drugs" repeated. 5 stars.
"Kaleidoscope Dream" - Has a sample of Labi Siffre's "I Got The..." which Eminem also sampled for his song "My Name Is". It mentions the song name a lot yet the production is pretty dreamy which is intended. 4 stars.
"The Thrill" - Features soft guitar strums and pretty vocals. 4.25 stars.
"How Many Drinks?" - A neat song. A light feeling track that boasts nice production values. 4.25 stars.
"Where's The Fun In Forever?" - Decent. Alicia Keys co-wrote here. 4 stars.
"Arch & Point" - I think it's safe to say it's one of the most sexual tracks on the album. 4.25 stars.
"Puss* Is Mine" - Surprisingly, this one is acoustic. Just Miguel and a guitar. 4.25 stars.
"Candles In The Sun" - This track has a unique beat you might have to get used to. But if you think about it this is the first track that Miguel has made with some real substance. It wonders about the possibility of God and talks of life issues. 4.5 stars.

Let's win some Grammys this upcoming year, Mr. Miguel Pimentel!

47.75 ÷ 11 = 4.340

4.3 stars.

Edit (6/17/13): And he did! Grammy award for Best R&B song ("Adorn"). I'm really proud of him because since his first single "All I Want Is You" was featured on iTunes for the free single of the week (before it got popular) I've loved his music. He deserves it!
on October 2, 2012
Miguel returns with his second album "Kaleidoscope Dream", and this album lives up to the hype. The R&B game has been watered down for some time now and some of our favorites like (Usher, Chris Brown, Etc.) have been going the Euro Pop, Dubstep ,Techno route and I understand that and no disrespect to them at all but none of that is on here and that's the good thing, Miguel didn't play follow the leader of the popular sound of today, he did the R&B that's been absent in the mainstream. Earlier in the year he released his free "Art Dealer Chick EP" series which included "Adorn", "Arch & Point", and "Candles In The Sun" and those songs still hold up good despite being released months ahead of time. He shows growth and proves he deserves to put in the category with the best R&B acts that's out with songs like "Don't Look Back", "Do You...",etc... you can tell he was inspired by the legendary Prince. Alicia Keys appears on "Where's the Fun in Forever?", making her the only guest appearance on here, and we get great production from " Salaam Remi, Jerry Wonda, The Phatboiz, Pop & Oak, J. Milla, and Miguel himself. People have been complaining about the state of R&B, well here's the album we all been waiting on. He kept it short at 11 tracks, and I'd rather hear a 11 track album without filler than a 18 track album with a lot of filler. I definitely recommend this. 4.5 Stars
on August 13, 2013
I was disappointed with this CD. I love, love, love the song Adorn, but the rest of the songs sound as if someone else is signing them. Guess I thought it would be more thematic. But, I'm still a Miguel fan!
on November 22, 2012
I have listened to this album everyday since I bought it. Miguel has a very great voice I can listen to it all day. I never bought his first album and I was not that much of a fan of his until I heard Adorn. That song made me look twice at Miguel as a talented artist. The songs he sings are so sexy and sensual.
I love how he confesses his love for his woman which is a breath of fresh air from some of the popular music that gets played on the radio today.I love every song on the album except one. I do not really care to hear him singing about some girls vjayjay. Other than that the album is soulfully good from start to finish.

GET THIS ALBUM IF YOU LOVE SEXY SOULFUL R&B.
on October 13, 2012
I saw this had a very favorable review on pitchfork, but didn't bother to check into it cause I'm not a huge R&B fan. A friend of mine texted me, strongly recommending I give it a listen. I'm so happy that I did. This is a truly excellent collection of some catchy, slightly dark and very interesting R&Bish tunes. The songs feel heavy, with lots of interesting production, and with some very nice melodies. It makes absolutely no difference whether you're interested in this sort of thing; I mostly listen to alternative, but this is just so irresistible. My favorite song is tied between Don't Look Back and Arch and Point. Overall, a very strong album.
on February 18, 2013
It's nice to hear a young man with such an awesome voice, who can sing CREATIVELY about all things sensual. I fell in love with Do You and decided to purchase this album. I love Adorn and Use Me also. I basically only listen to those three songs--the rest of the album isn't anything to die for in my opinion. But it's refreshing to listen to Miguel and not the typical studio beat paired with repetitive lyrics ("I like what's in yo jeans..."). I plan to listen to his first album in its entirety as well and look forward to a third.