Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 248 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 329 reviews
on March 8, 2013
Kaleidoscope dream was a great find spurred on by the sucess of the single
Adorm.The cd takes you on bold artistic journey that at first comes off as ego driven and almost pompous.Yet when compared to the other music on the African Ameican radio stations is nothing short of genius.Miguel is an artist in the best sense of the word as he stretches his muscles throughout the cd.If you're looking for excitement and the big bang, you won't find it on this collection.What you will find is a slow burning grove that sometimes reminds me of Marvin Gaye and Prince in their more mellow moments.The lead track and hit single" Adorn" is amazing and so is" Do You".There are a few stands outs such as the lighthearted "kaleidoscope Dream" and the almost comical " the Pussy is mine".Yet if there is one thing lacking is there's not more like "Adorn".

This is not a hip Hop album, which makes it all the more interesting.Miguel seems to be aiming more at a progressive R&B audience.His vocals are great and his writing seems well above average when compared with the other acts his age.I highly reccomend this Cd to anyone intrested in a low keyed soulful grove.I will definetely be looking out for Miguel's work in the future
since I believe he just may dominate the popular music charts if he continues in this direction.
on October 2, 2012
"Adorn" - Beautiful falsetto notes. Contemporary radio R&B classic. 5 stars.
"Don't Look Back" - Not fond of the chorus but other than that the song is solid. 3.75 stars.
"Use Me" - Great almost mechanical beat. Feels busy. 4.5 stars.
"Do You..." - Has a unique beat and speaks on special stuff a potential lover has in common with the other. Isn't really explicit other than the lyrics, "Do you like drugs" repeated. 5 stars.
"Kaleidoscope Dream" - Has a sample of Labi Siffre's "I Got The..." which Eminem also sampled for his song "My Name Is". It mentions the song name a lot yet the production is pretty dreamy which is intended. 4 stars.
"The Thrill" - Features soft guitar strums and pretty vocals. 4.25 stars.
"How Many Drinks?" - A neat song. A light feeling track that boasts nice production values. 4.25 stars.
"Where's The Fun In Forever?" - Decent. Alicia Keys co-wrote here. 4 stars.
"Arch & Point" - I think it's safe to say it's one of the most sexual tracks on the album. 4.25 stars.
"Puss* Is Mine" - Surprisingly, this one is acoustic. Just Miguel and a guitar. 4.25 stars.
"Candles In The Sun" - This track has a unique beat you might have to get used to. But if you think about it this is the first track that Miguel has made with some real substance. It wonders about the possibility of God and talks of life issues. 4.5 stars.

Let's win some Grammys this upcoming year, Mr. Miguel Pimentel!

47.75 ÷ 11 = 4.340

4.3 stars.

Edit (6/17/13): And he did! Grammy award for Best R&B song ("Adorn"). I'm really proud of him because since his first single "All I Want Is You" was featured on iTunes for the free single of the week (before it got popular) I've loved his music. He deserves it!
on January 28, 2013
My favorite song is 'Where's the fun in forever'! I hope they make a video for this. It makes me question myself. Would I strive to be a better or a writer if I had all the time in the world? Perhaps, the clock is our goal keeper so to speak.

Miquel is one of those artists that can take you through time and space. One minute he has you thinking about having a one night stand and then the other minute, makes you want to fall in love.

Our record stores didn't have the album so I bought it on Amazon. This collection is reminiscent of Usher's Confessions album. Just press play and before you know it, you're work is done, you're rough day is over or you're out of traffic.

I give it a five because it is so right on all levels. An emotional level, an environmental level, a spiritual level and how can I forget a sexual level.

Get the album and you will not be disappointed. Quick tip:- Everyone who hears it in your car/house/work is going to want to borrow it. Make a copy and lend them the copy. That way, if they scratch it up you're not mad.

Let's get ready to win a grammy!
on October 13, 2012
I saw this had a very favorable review on pitchfork, but didn't bother to check into it cause I'm not a huge R&B fan. A friend of mine texted me, strongly recommending I give it a listen. I'm so happy that I did. This is a truly excellent collection of some catchy, slightly dark and very interesting R&Bish tunes. The songs feel heavy, with lots of interesting production, and with some very nice melodies. It makes absolutely no difference whether you're interested in this sort of thing; I mostly listen to alternative, but this is just so irresistible. My favorite song is tied between Don't Look Back and Arch and Point. Overall, a very strong album.
on May 25, 2017
Only like a couple songs, the popular ones.
on June 8, 2016
I bought this because it came with a digital download. When I received it there was no indication that a digital download came with it and it had no instructions for downloading inside. The record is good quality so I gave it an average rating but the purchase as a whole didn't meet my expectations. I wanted the record so I'm not returning it, but I'm disappointed by the false advertising.
on November 2, 2012
I have never bought a Miguel album. I have always been a fan of a voice but I never really followed his career or cared much for him. THIS ALBUM IS BEAUTIFUL. He features many detailed songs: The very well known single, "Adorn," "Do You...,"Arch & Point," amd "Pussy is Mine," just to name my personal favorites.

He explores the subjects of love, intimacy and realtionships. He's similar to Frank Ocean in the sense that they use very metaphorical, detailed lyrics in their songs. I played his album for 2 weeks straight in my car when I first got it and it still hasn't gotten old to me. Like his two Art Dealer Chic EPs, Miguel introduces a new futuristic, soft sound. This is d3efinitely a MUST BUY .
on May 11, 2017
Satisfied customer
on December 24, 2012
This album is fantastic!! I've had it on repeat for about a month now and I never get tired of any of the songs. I play it while I'm in the shower, while I'm walking around the house, and while I work out. This album has not failed in any way and whereas I previously thought that "Sure Thing" would never be topped, there are some songs on this album that give "Sure Thing" stiff competition. "Adorn" and "Do You" are two fantastic songs but lesser-known ones such as "Use Me," "The Thrill," and "Arch & Point" are just as amazing. I really do not have a negative thing to say about this CD. Just buy it already! You will wonder where it has been all your life....
on January 30, 2013
This is an album that you can shuffle or play through without skipping songs. [On digital format of course which I also have. Timeless. Ethereal. I learn something new about myself each time I listen. He is really supernatural. I am glad he listened to Charlie Wilson and kept on singing even though he was nervous about this album releasing. He is himself and it shows through his soulful courdoroy vocals. Indiviuality is key because I get tired of hearing the same ol' molded artist. He had so much freedom to do what he wanted and it worked! Truly an artist! Miguel you are swell. Whiskey is on me when you visit! Let's get them Grammy's! This vinyl is so rich and warm. It arrived in 2 days with standard shipping! I like the way it was packaged. @epitomyoffresh