Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dell Inspiron i15N-3910BK 15-Inch Laptop (2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-3210M Processor, 6GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, Windows 8) Obsidian Black [Discontinued By Manufacturer]
Workplace Solutions Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Our Best Wines Holiday Savings with 1¢ Shipping Gifts for Him hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 86 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on June 17, 2013
This is my husband's account, so though his name is attached to it, he isn't writing this. Amazon is advertizing the well-reviewed and rated 3910 even though they KNOW (and apparently have known for some time) that Dell doesn't make it anymore and is giving them 3520s in 3910 boxes. The 3520s are among the very WORST rated/reviewed laptops. DO NOT BUY THIS unless you want an inferior product, or want to be cajoled by Amazon into getting a replacement, only to get the SAME incorrect machine. There are customers who have received the 3520 3 or 4 times while trying to get a 3910; they clearly were never told that there simply ARE NO 3910s. The customer rep is trained to point out that the ad for the 3910 says that the 3920 is the genericc for this kind of Inspiron, as if the fault is potentially the consumers for not reading closely enough. As I pointed out, this does NOT say, so expect to receive the 3520; it could mean that I should feel free to buy replacement parts that are 3520. DO NOT BUY THIS. They promised on my last go-round with them to TAKE THIS DESCRIPTION DOWN, since it is fraudulent. Let's see how that goes...
on February 9, 2013
Here's my two minor gripes:

The system window says 2.5 GHz not 2.6 GHz (as of 2/9/13).

All the way across the top of the screen the pixels are dimmer near the edge of the screen. They dim within several millimeters of the edge. It's only across the top. The sides and bottom the pixels are bright all the way to the edge. Not a huge deal - a little annoying. Some might not even notice and it may only be a quirk with the one I received.

The Window Experience Index has this processor at 7.1. The weak link is the graphic which is only 5.4. All the other scores are in between. The base score for your Windows Experience is based on the lowest score. So on a Windows scale of 1.0 to 9.9 this is a 5.4 computer and is the reason for my 4 star rating.

This is my second Dell laptop. So I do like them. My other one is only 7 month old and working just fine. This one has an HD picture and an HDMI port and it is a noticeably better picture just surfing the net. Dells run stable. They are well made. I like that all the edges are rounded so it's comfortable in my lap. I like the keyboard and the materials, fit and finish.

Under the keyboard is a 4 gig and a 2 gig ram chip. The keyboard pops out and I replaced the 2 gig chip with a second 4 gig chip. You can see how the keyboard pops out on you tube. Be careful with the ribbon cable connected to the computer and keyboard. Once the keyboard is out you can't move it too far from the computer.

I bought this from Amazon with ZERO bloatware, cr@pware, trailware and any other ware you don't want. Not true with the Dell I bought at best buy. Great job on that Amazon!!

Ordered on a Friday. UPS dropped it off in perfect condition the next day on a Saturday.
66 comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2013
Once I received my product I realized that it has different specs as prompted on amazon product description. Then I realized that I got a DELL 3520 instead of a DELL 3910 as I ordered. The DELL 3520 has the same processor and physical memory than DELL 3910 but it doesn't have either a USB 3.0 port nor keyboard backlight (there must be others no adverted differences). I strongly recommend not to buy this item until Amazon fix this problem.
on March 18, 2013
I have yet to receive the computer as decribed above (3910). Instead what I have been receiving is model (3520) in a 3910 box. This has happened to 4 times since first ordering Feb. 9th. Each time I was told that the problem had been corrected. Finally, I was issued a refund and told to reorder because the product was back on the website which meant that the problem with packaging had been resolved. I reordered March 9th (3910) and received on March 15th a (3520) in a (3910) box, and for the 4th time on March 16th I have returned item. This is a HUGE problem with customer satisfaction. I was told I on March 16th I would be contacted later....I'm still waiting.
on December 29, 2012
Fast and easy to use I was used to the 7 and this windows 8 is perfect I thought it would be difficult at my senior age.
on March 24, 2013
Like other customers, I found the machine I was sent was not the one I ordered. While it is a good machine for the money, it still is not the one i
bought. I shipped one back, but after reading other people's reviews, resigned myself to not getting what i purchased. Like others have reported,, my machine does have a USB 3.0 port.
on June 25, 2013
Garbage. I'm not going to reiterate what everyone else has stated in their review or waste anymore of my time. I've battled with Amazon customer service for half a day and they're aware of what they're doing. I will be returning product as this is a down grade to the 3910 in which i ordered and writing to the CEO of Amazon. Highly doubt anything will come of this. Amazon's customer service has lacked these past few years. Their first line of defense is to hire customer Tier1 customer service reps that don't speak English and repeat everything back to you 4 to 5 times so you hang the phone up. I had to tell the rep to F off and get me to an American after she repeated 3910 and 3520 4 times. The one star is in reference to Amazon's inability to change the product description. THEY'RE FULLY AWARE OF WHAT THEY'RE DOING TO CUSTOMERS SO THIS IS A WARNING!!!!! I bought 6/21/13 so they've yet to own up to what they're doing and are continuing giving people the wrong product. I would keep this laptop if it were priced $349 seeing dell is selling the same model for that.Keep in mind if this 3520 has the same I5-3210M processor as the 3910 it's release date is June 2012. Intel already has 4th gen processors on the market so if you do decide to keep this POS I'd advise a HUGE discount from Amazon which I've already asked and was denied.
on March 8, 2013
Overall, the Dell seems to be a solid machine. Only complaint is that my left palm keeps brushing the touchpad causing unexpected clicks or moves of the mouse. I bought a ASUS A55A-AH31-RD 15.6-Inch LED Laptop ( Red ) for my wife a month after I bought this one and I must say, I like the ASUS better as far as overall look, feel and sturdiness, but the Dell has the ASUS beat on processor speed.
on April 30, 2013
Even after reading the many reviews from people who had ordered this model computer and had actually received a lesser model, I ordered this laptop hoping that I would be one of the few people who wrote reviews saying that they received their laptop and were happy with their purchase. Unfortunately I am one of the many who ordered the 3910 model but received the 3520 model, to make matters worse I received an email from Amazon Customer Service telling me that the 3520 model is the generic model for all Inspiron 15N Dell laptops and I should check the side of the box to see that it says that the computer that I received is the 3910 model! I promptly looked up the listing (on Amazon)for the Dell Inspiron 3520 model (which is listed on the Amazon site for much less than the 3910 model) and I informed Amazon Customer Service that the side of the box does indeed say that my item is the 3910 model but the computer INSIDE the box is the 3520 model, which is NOT what I ordered. Also I informed Amazon customer service that there is a listing for the 3520 model which is a lesser model than the 3910 model and that there are many reviews from many purchasers stating this very problem. I would like to know if any other Amazon purchasers of this item has had a similar experience with customer service, and how was the issue resolved? I advised customer service to either rectify this error by sending the correct model laptop that I ordered, or refund my purchase. After so many reviews about the wrong model computer being shipped inside of the wrong box, I would think that Amazon would be on top of this issue. It's definitely misleading that the outside packaging claims that the item is one thing but the actual item is something totally different than what is advertized. Every review stating the same problem with this item casts a bigger and bigger shadow on Amazon's credibility, I hope they look into this and fix this very serious problem.

UPDATE:
I just received the "replacement" laptop from Amazon customer service, and sadly the same scenario happened again! Once again I received a box that says model 3910 but the model inside the box was 3520, I promptly called Amazon customer service, explained my situation and after 2 representatives looking up the 3520 model on the Amazon website and seeing the difference in the prices, and coming to the conclusion that maybe Amazon should do a check on this product, my issue was resolved very quickly. With that said let me say that For The Price this is an AWESOME product!! I love the sleekness of this laptop, I am learning the in's and out's of Windows 8 and so far this is another great purchase from Amazon! Also customer service was Fantastic! All in all with a little help from customer service this was another great buy from a great company! Good Job Amazon!
on December 24, 2012
Bought this from Amazon during thanks giving days. Got delivered on time as always Amazon is the very best in doing so.
After I received the laptop I noticed that the screen was having a damaged pixel(only one pixel) on the entire screen. Good thing was Amazons exchange policy. I was tensed as dell won't exchange if more then 7 pixels are not damaged. But for a customer no matter if its a single pixel or multi pixel damage, its something he/she will not like. Again its Amazon which made it very easy by exchanging the same product with a new one. And I found the new one perfectly well.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.