Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Let's Talk Turkey . . . And All the Trimmings: 100 Delicious Holiday Recipes, Tips, and Ideas from America's Top Magazines
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on November 12, 2012
I loved this book. This ebook breaks down everything that needs to be done when you're cooking for Thanksgiving and gives you a calendar for the month and week ahead of Thanksgiving, so you can plan out in advance and make this big task manageable... and fun! I would totally recommend this book to anyone who is cooking--or even just helping--with Thanksgiving this year, because this ebook makes cooking Thanksgiving something to get excited about.
on November 6, 2013
This is the very best Thanksgiving Dinner cookbook that I've seen in a very long time. Everything is pictured with easy to read instructions, without loads of ingredients. There are also good chapters on preparing a turkey and cutting it afterwards. Likewise, pie crusts are explained well. Everything included from good old traditional foods, with lots of interesting varieties for stuffings, vegetables and deserts. Great for families who want to be traditional, but want to try some new ways of making their favorites like sweet potatoes, and cranberry receipts!!
on November 11, 2012
This book covers everything from early planning, cleaning the house, shopping, decorating, setting the table and more! It even covers Thanksgiving Day disasters and how to overcome. I can't imagine a better companion for this coming feast.
on April 7, 2014
Lets Talk Turkey
American’s associate turkey with Thanksgiving, where in Australia we tend to pull out the recipe books for Christmas lunch. Either way there are one hundred recipes and cooking ideas that have been published in American magazines.

The book is well illustrated, including colour photos of what the final product should look like.

Recipes include all the sides including Soups, salads, and vegetable sides; gravy and cranberry sauces; and desserts. There are also some great recipes to use up any leftovers.

The book also offers instructions on how to perfectly carve your turkey, plus helpful microwave cheat sheets, which very few cookbooks and even less chefs will ever let you know about.

I like the variety in recipes from old classics to modern favourites. I found the dishes easy to make, with the steps logical to follow. I found a few new things to try, and have tested them on the family and visitors alike over the past few weeks.

As an eBook, this is a handy book to have in the kitchen come the celebration time of the year. Lots of ideas, and things to try that have been tested previously.

Thanks to Netgalley & Open Road Media/Hearst for my copy. This review can also be found on my blog, Books-Reviewed.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 18, 2013
The Let's Talk Turkey and All the Trimmings published by Hearst is a wonderful cookbook for the novice Thanksgiving cook. Especially so as the price is a gem as you will find plenty of Thanksgiving cooking information and tips in this cookbook. Best of all this cookbook offers a Thanksgiving countdown planner and tips for how to repair Thanksgiving boo-boos. I sure wish I had this cookbook when I started out cooking Thanksgiving dinner over 30 years ago.

Some of the recipes you will find in this cookbook include:

Roast Turkey with Giblet Gravy (I made this recipe for my first Thanksgiving dinner many years as it was found in the old red Good Housekeeping cookbook, if I remember right)

Cranberry-Apple Cider Gravy

Savory Bread Stuffing with Pears

Crispy Cornbread Sticks

Apple & Squash Soup

Brussels Sprouts with Leeks & Bacon

Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallow Meringue

Chocolate-Walnut Pie

Pumpkin Pie with Creme Fraiche Whipped Cream

Turkey & Vegetable Lasagna (uses leftover turkey)

There is an interactive table of contents making navigation easy.

Highly recommend.

Penmouse
on December 8, 2014
A nice, and rather thorough, treatment of the preparation of a traditional Thanksgiving feast. Nicely illustrated, including how to trim and carve the bird, ideas for appealing place settings (from simple to formal), and a whole lot more. I'm sure the section on planning the event, sizing the portions to cook, and especially how to troubleshoot problems on the Big Day will all be useful to you, and that's just the beginning.

The recipes are well organized, beginning with a lavish variety of turkey preps (mostly roasted, but there the similarity ends) including gravies and sauces using the pan drippings, through relishes, stuffings, breads, salads & soups, sides and desserts. Even ideas for leftovers are included. There is at least one picture per recipe, to give an idea of what the final dish might look like. (Mine don't look that good, but they still taste marvelous.)

With all the Thanksgiving cookbook choices out there, why 5 stars? Variety. So many ingredients we never consider for a classic Thanksgiving feast: Chorizo; ginger; escarole and more. Then there's the clean formatting for Kindle; a joy to read through, and easy to use in the kitchen. The value pricing makes it doubly attractive.

Whether you're just starting out on the Turkey Day Feast or have done many, this book will help in many ways.
on December 1, 2012
I ordered this for a little inspiration this past Thanksgiving. I already have my own recipies, but was looking to put a twist on them. The recipies are very easy to understand and are simple to execute, I think even a novice cook could pull these off.
on December 3, 2012
I really enjoyed this book and even used some of the recipes for my holiday. They turned out quite well. I also learned a few things I didn't know. This is a nice reference book.
on January 12, 2013
Very nice ebook; will come in handy next Thanksgiving. Nice that it was such a good deal. I would recommend.
on January 14, 2014
This is a great cookbook. The recipes are very good and not unhealthy. It became my "go-to" this past Thanksgiving and I will use all year round. I'm sometimes like to switch up ingredients for different tastes and these recipes fit the bill. There are even examples and ideas for table settings. Recipe for brining was excellent. I would definitely recommend this cookbook.