Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 31 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 38 reviews
on December 28, 2012
bought this laptop for my girlfriend, she loves it.... only obstacle is to learn how to use Windows 8... I like the changed buy windows 8 is like Linux OS compared to previous windows OS's... it look pretty but it is not easy to grasp... oh well, with the help of youtube, she will get the hang of it..... The white laptop looks awesome
on December 26, 2012
Laptop hardware is meeting my expectations, except for the speakers. Expected more from the speakers in terms of volume, the speakers of my previous laptop weren't great, but at least I could play a cd in the living room. Obviously it is depending on the sources volume, but still I feel the speakers should be able to play louder.

I did install Windows 7 as I cannot get used to Windows 8, Sony does not provide drivers for Windows 7, so I had to find drivers from a different model with similar hardware. Working great so far. Also tried some Linux distributions on the laptop, and the wifi is recognized out of the box which is great as well.

Overall I like the laptop, though I wish I compared it more to the ones that are the big sellers. The keyboard is great for when working in the dark or as a nice gizmo.

Reviews on the internet complain about the oversensitive touchpad, which I can confirm, but I guess its getting used to as the touchpad also covers the mouse buttons.
on December 30, 2012
I have had this laptop for a couple months now and it work perfectly.

For gamers: It plays Counter Strike GO easily and can play new games on lowest settings.

For multitakers: handles smoothly with adobe dreamweaver, photoshop, and various other programs running.

I like the numpad included on the keyboard, it does not feel weird to shift your hand to the left a tad, but it does feel great to use the numpad to enter long numbers.

The only thing thats off is that it doesn't come with a windows authentication key. Yes Windows 8 was installed, but if I ever need to reinstall, not sure how? I haven't looked into this yet, perhaps it is hidden somewhere or Win8 uses some other technique?
on December 7, 2012
Got this pc in quick time, props to lasership on that. Windows 8 runs great :) I had a problem with the windows store initially because of an installation problem apparently, did a factory restore and its been good as gold ever since. I rate sony on this laptop and amazon for its sales price which was less than sony's own on black friday.
on December 30, 2012
It was about time I got a new computer. My Windows XP desktop was driving me insane! I actually came across this laptop surfing the internet outside of Amazon. And when I read the specifications, I felt it was too good to be true for this price!

I wanted a laptop that's good with producing beats and just other things I need to do like surfing the web and etc. It gets the job done.

The screen is a pretty good size. I'm in love with the backlit keyboard, and it actually feels very comfortable typing with.

The only thing I hate about it is the touchpad. I'd rather just use a regular mouse. And it's a little tedious turning it off. But that's just probably with Windows 8.

Other than that, it's a great laptop. Glad I bought it =)
on January 2, 2013
The Operating System went out on this new laptop after 1 week of use. I don't know if its a virus that corrupted it or the Karashaky virus protection didn't do the job or the system was just went black when we boot up the laptop.
on January 20, 2013
I bought this computer for my high school age son. I wanted it to be a good multi purpose computer and it started off great. windows 8 takes getting used to. my son seems to revert to desktop view more often than not. No lag when playing league of legends which is nice. everything else is what you would expect from a new computer.

my complaint so fare is that my son says frequently "my computer is messed up". when I ask about it, he reports that it just shuts off for no reason. I have not witnessed this myself Asia is not my laptop but when I check it out after he tells me this, I usually run some updates. every time I have done this, he tells me that the computer is fine after. so not sure if there's an issue with the computer but it seems fine when I use it, which hasn't been often. time will tell.
on August 13, 2014
Poorly designed. Body is falling off. Specially from sides. And soft wear update has sanctioned this PC. I can't update and can't seem to back up the data off of it. Keeps on telling me error. I wish the seller will send somebody to back up my data and take it back or replace it. If the seller is reading this. Please arrange for back up and replacement
on April 7, 2013
This model of Vaio E has a lovely design, very striking; the features that draw the attention are the keyboard with backlighting, the multigesture pad, the space between keys, the gestures applied to the camera, the distribution of the ports and the beautifull lid. These features of design meet with the performance, with a fast core i5 processor, 4Gb of RAM and 5 hours of battery, the computer is ready for almost all the applications.

The cons I detect is the camera, it has a very poor resolution, and need much light to have great video and images.

Overall is a great equipment that mixes great design and performance.
on May 28, 2013
For my, this computer is the best product, I recommend it and assure you that the quality is excellent, your, its graphics, audio, and performance are excellent...

For example, for my job in programation is very good, and for the games, exelent computer, no problem in assasing creed 3, most wanted 2013, etc... Very recommended...

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question