Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,008 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,033 reviews
on October 10, 2012
This game consists of two different modes of match-3 gameplay: "Arcade" is the classic "drag the third piece into place" type, while "Casual" involves dragging your finger to select as many connecting pieces of the same color as possible.

Both versions utilize backgrounds of various shapes and darkness, with the objective being to completely transform the background to the lightest shade (by repeatedly making a match on each spot, the color progresses from black through to a light golden shade), at which point a "jewel star" appears, and all pieces below it must be removed for it to reach the bottom and finish the level.

There are many special-effect pieces including extra time, lightning bolts, and bombs of various strengths. that may be acquired by making exceptional matches. (Some levels are shaped in such a way that the only way to clear the level is by use of these special pieces.)

Both the Arcade and Casual modes include two "worlds," the second being locked until you play 160 levels of the impressive 297 of the first world of each respective game type (ostensibly, assuming a similar 300ish levels in the second worlds, resulting in nearly 1200 levels).

There are controls for turning off/on the music/sound-effect volume (but not sliders, so the whole device must be turned down if the sounds are louder than you'd prefer (and watch out, because some of the bombs really make their presence known :O) ). There is no option of turning off hints, which is one of my unwanted distractions, but the hinting is at least somewhat subtle.

The English is a bit ragged, but not enough to be totally debilitating to the game. The help is just enough to get you started, but provides none of the finer points of gameplay (such as how to obtain various power-ups, or what they actually do, or how to achieve bonus time/score conditions (in approx 30 levels between the two versions, I was never able to get bonus time, even though there was sometimes 3/4 of the timer left, and the score received 3 (the highest) stars) -- no big deal to me, I'm just curious, but others may find this frustrating).

The game progresses nicely enough to not be overly bothered by the lack of specifics: the power-ups appear, and do their thing -- good enough for me. :O) Perhaps there are some details on the dev's site, I wasn't bothered enough by the lack to search them out.

Overall, this is a solid 4-star game. With an edit of the (very few) English messages, and an enhanced help file, this could easily be a 5. Very, very nice for a free game -- thanks, devs!
on November 3, 2012
Jewels Legend is a lot of fun for anyone who likes gem-matching games. The backgrounds are interesting, the game moves quickly and it's SO addictive, I can't stop playing whenever I'm on my Kindle. The levels get a bit harder as you move on, so sometimes a new board comes up with no matches available, but that doesn't bother me as it reloads right away. The ads are unobtrusive, and it's an amazing value considering it's free. I recommend it to anyone who likes this type of game.
on October 16, 2012
This game is a combination of Jewel Qwest & Bejeweled in that you connect jewels of the same color. My favorite is the casual mode where you need to connect 3 or more jewels of the same kind. However, I find it EXTREMELY irritating because of all the times that the "No more move" lingo appears. If you pay attention, there really is no "s" @ the end of that phrase in the game. They have extra time jewels, exploding jewels, jewels that make all the same color jewels explode & even lightening jewels. But, if you have any of those jewels as mentioned above & you end up getting 1 of the dredded "no more move" dialogs, don't expect to get those special jewels back. I have counted anywhere from 5 to 15 times per level that I have gotten that "no more move" dialog & the time gets sucked away during those trantitions. Many times that dialog comes after just one move or @ the beginning of a level that was just started. Also, I find it odd that the casual mode is timed. How can it be casual if you have to race against the timer - which timer seems to be shorter than that of the arcade mode timer.
on October 13, 2012
This game is very fun and addictive. Like others, I prefer the casual playing mode and I love playing it on my Kindle Fire.

I was a little disappointed that there was very limited help for the game and no contact information. The help that's available are very short sentences that are poorly written. Runner Games has a website but it's just a list of games available to download and nothing else. I wish they had some sort of contact address or at least a web form that let you contact them. I guess they don't want customers contacting them!

Question for other players: How do you get a STAR to appear on the board? I mostly just play until it appears but I'm not sure what makes it appear and then try to get it to sink to the bottom. The "help" for the casual game says "Link the jewels until the bottom board, the Jewels star will appear." What does that mean?? I remove groups of jewels which have jewels on he bottom row but that doesn't always seem to make the star appear. Can someone describe how to get the star to appear in a way I can understand??
on October 24, 2012
There are hundreds of matching games on the market, but this is the best I've seen. Each "World" contains "Levels", and each "Level" contains three "Sub-levels." Instead of simply matching items for a score, your score determines how many "Stars" (or "Sub-levels") you have mastered. A minimum number of "Stars" is required to progress to the next "World." While the game starts out relatively easy, each "Level" becomes increasingly difficult; and that is where the challenge begins (at least for those with a competitive nature). Trying to find the right strategy to earn the most "Stars" becomes addictive; and everytime you get close, you get more obsessed with emerging victorious. It's not a game for the impatient or easily frustrated; but it's a great way to pass the time while waiting in a line, a doctor's office, or during the commercials of a favorite TV program. I highly recommend this game, especially if you can get it for free.
on January 27, 2014
I've had this game on my Kindle for a long time, waiting for the grandkids to play it. While clearing out some apps and other things to gain more space on my Kindle, I decided to see what kind of game it was before giving it the old heve ho.
I started playing it, and now I can't seem to stop. This is fun whether you progress to the next level or not.
I really like that I can pause the game and go do something else and when I return I'm right where I was before I left.
Jewels Legend can be played by most everyone. It's helpful for the pre-schoolers to teach them colors and shapes also to count.
When it becomes available again, it's worth down loading.
on October 18, 2012
I really like this game, at least the casual mode. Quite oddly the arcade mode is very different (and much like Bejeweled). The real main problem is the instructions. When you read them, you get the gist of the game but the English is quite poor causing you to just figure out the game as you go along. Missing in the instructions is the information about the special jewels you form in the game and tips about a new obstacles when you get to a new level.
My last issue is that, in casual mode, you can play until the very lengthy timer runs out but you run out of moves ALL the time. The board is replaced with a new set of jewels but even then, you may have only 1 or two moves before you're out again. It is really annoying. It needs to be fixed.
on November 3, 2012
I love this game. It is actually my favorite game. The only big problem is that it is far too addictive. I've had to set up rules for myself that allow me to lose three times on each game and then I have to put it away. Works sometimes, but often I forget to count one of my turns and get to start over. Best thing is when you win the third time. Then you get to start over with the next level!!!
There are two games--Arcade and Casual. Arcade is really different and you have to practice a lot until you get the idea. Still haven't gotten to the Third World. Casual is much easier and I think a little more fun, but haven't gotten to the Third World on this game either.
So, as you can tell, this game is highly recommended.
on October 20, 2012
I was really enjoying this game, until I came across the puzzles in World 2, after puzzle 50. Then the games changed to minimalist skeletons that the only way to win them was to have a great deal of luck, not skill. On one puzzle, #85, I watched my screen drop jewels four times before I had a play. Now I enjoy a challenge, but I do not enjoy a challenge where four of the hexes are not cleared by what I do. This becomes luck, not skill. When the board is so restricted that I cannot complete the task by anything that I do, then it might as well be a slot machine.

Overall, I think the creators have a decent product which would be a better served if they get rid of those puzzles that take no skill to complete.
on October 12, 2012
This is one of the best match 3 games I've played on the fire so far. It's hard to stop playing it since it's so fun. The layouts are challenging; you get a different one every time you progress to the next level. I'm on level 99 and it's getting more difficult, but I like the challenge. Often I pass the level at the very last second before time runs out; keep this in mind if you get stuck. The time bar increases with some matches/combos etc. so it's not over till it's over. After you pass a level, you get a star rating from one to three stars. Once you have enough points, you can open a new world. I haven't made it to the next world yet, so I'm interested to see what it's like.