Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on August 20, 2013
Just assemble it so that the boot holders alternate direction. It makes it take up a little more space, but not a lot, and it balances the system much better. I haven't had any problems with mine falling over. With this one fix, a very good system.
145 people found this helpful
|44 comments|Report abuse
on June 18, 2013
I was a little hesitant to order this boot rack after reading the reviews about its flimsiness. I assembled it (which was very easy) and put one boot on it, and it fell apart! However, I put a little super glue on the ends of the slider bar before putting it together and now it holds up fine. With 3 pairs of boots on it, though, it does not stand up on its own- it has to lean against a wall, which honestly limits its utility in my cozy apartment. I would prefer to pay a few dollars more and get a product that can stand up by itself when holding the load it is designed for. At least my boots are no longer flopped over on the floor, but I wouldn't buy this product again.
42 people found this helpful
on November 27, 2015
Love it. easy installation! Neat look!
17 people found this helpful
on July 16, 2015
Some other reviewers said this was too flimsy. Well, I only wanted something to store my boots over the summer. During "boot season" I haven't even considered them to be in the way, and are always in grab and go position. So, I am delighted with this simple boot organizer for off-season. Also it is so affordable. My closet has a new lease on life.
11 people found this helpful
on January 4, 2017
Love this boot organizer. Fits perfectly together. Snug fit, which is what you want. I took the advice of a fellow purchaser, who said to reverse alternate a set of boot holders for better balance. Great advice. Since the product is plastic, it will slide on non-carpeted floors. I put a little low nap rubber backed throw rug under it. My dog's leash doesn't even move it.
6 people found this helpful
on January 4, 2016
I hate to say it as these definitely fill a purpose in our closet but they are very unsturdy with boots that have any weight to them at all. My boots <size 13> Justin's will not work on these racks. it immediately tips over. My wife's boots size 8-9 fit fine and do not tip it over. If the base was a bit wider I think it would be a much better situation but unfortunately that's not how they were designed. Something that we thought about was maybe screwing the bases to a piece of plywood on the ground so it would not fall over but that seems like alot of extra hassle for something that should not be a problem in the first place.

So what it comes down to is. If you have a small foot and not heavy boots this might be perfect for you but I do not recommend it. Oh and did I mention we bout 4 of them?
12 people found this helpful
on February 8, 2016
Do not use this product unless you are planning to store boots and not take them on/off the rack. I purchased one boot organizer last winter. I stored 3 pair of boots on this device and kept it in a cedar closet. I was very pleased. This winter I ordered a second one so I could use them for all my boots on a daily basis. The racks do not work any longer. Even with a single pair of boots on them it causes the rack to topple over. It seems the product works well if you are storing boots for a season. As soon as I started putting boots on and off the rack, the untit lost stability and will not hold a single pair without toppling over. Unfortunately, I will have to throw them away.I had hoped to at least use them again for winter storeage but they don't hold boots up any longer.
5 people found this helpful
on April 6, 2016
Most of my boots are rather expensive, and expensive to clean. We have two female cats, and the older one has a bad habit of peeing on my boots!!!! She had easy access to the tall boots because they would fall over and be laying on the floor! That's when she would take her chance and just pee on them! This device really helps keep my expensive boots not only in shape, but out of the way from the cats!
14 people found this helpful
on March 21, 2016
There are a few flaws, but they relate to physics and not the manufacturer. I'm using it because the alternative is worse. A bit of almost any kind of glue on the pole prior to inserting into the two feet will hold the feet on when you might kick it or want to move it to another location. It is not free-standing; it will tip even if one staggers the boots. It's intended to go into a closet, not be decor, so leaning it against the wall is the solution.

I think the pole is too long, lots of airspace between boots. However, cutting a few inches off one end with a hacksaw, saber saw or Sawzall is the answer. The reason I say it's physics and not a product flaw is because the only way to counterweight the heavy boots is to make the base heavy or legs very wide. Neither is desirable: shipping costs and closet space.

What is a design plus with this is that the bootholding upright arms slide onto the pole. No chance of rotating, no tools needed. The holes in the feet can be used to fasten them to the floor if desired. Leaning against the wall works perfectly fine too.
One person found this helpful
on November 4, 2017
You get what you pay for. Cheap plastic crap with a single metal bar at the bottom. This will not stay standing for boots that have any weight at all to them. I had hoped to use it for my cowboy boots, but even alternating the loops as others suggested, the slightest bump sends it toppling to the ground. It might work ok for long and flimsy women's boots like they show in the picture, but if you're thinking about this for rain boots, cowboy boots, or any boot that has some heft to it... stay clear. I returned mine.
2 people found this helpful