Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 646 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 927 reviews
on October 13, 2014
So me and three other co-workers shared an office and bought this together. When the management moved us out of the office into a open enviroment the other two guys just let me have it. My wife uses it ever morning to make coffee. It's so easy to use that sometimes my 10 year daughter makes us coffee when see sees us being sluggish. She even uses it to get instant hot water for instant oatmeal in the morning. Pour in water, wait 90 seconds and get a cup of coffee, tea or even oatmeal. Since the coffee taste doesn't stay if you pull out the coffee pod tray it's great from tea, hot chocolate or oatmeal. Great product at a great price. I might be a bit better off since I got it after only having to pay in 1/3 or the price. Great deal for me.
on December 4, 2013
This machine is easy to use and works just as well as Keurig for a lot less money. It's basic but efficient and takes up no space at all. The detachable coffee holder should be handled with care (it's a pretty important piece after all, and you have to take it out completely to use it). But because it's detachable, it's also easy to clean (dishwasher safe) and will probably last a lot longer.

You don't have to buy any silly/expensive adapters to use your own coffee either. All you have to do is pop out the k-cup holder and use the PROVIDED and REUSABLE coffee grounds filter. Seriously, this thing is a dream.

Don't buy this machine if you like to fill giant travel mugs. It has a 10 oz maximum (though I've consistently fit 12 oz in mine). If you need more than that at a time you should be buying a regular coffee pot anyway... this is for people that like a little coffee and a little variety with their coffee flavors, not for hardcore addicts.

Do buy this machine if you've got a friend with a Keurig and you've always wanted one but you hate the idea of spending more than a hundred bucks on a machine that just makes coffee. Hamilton Beach consistently makes high quality products so it's not like you're getting a cheap knock-off. You're getting a great basic machine that's easy to use and easy to maintain.

Also, as soon as the machine is done brewing, it shuts off. That's a handy feature, especially since the machine isn't keeping the coffee warm for extended periods. It's designed to brew coffee you're going to drink right now, ensuring you always have a fresh cup.

One drawback to this machine is that it doesn't store water (you have to fill it every time) but honestly, I'm a little grossed out by Keurig's that hold water for a long time. Think of your friend that has a Keurig, how often do you think he/she uses the machine? Do you trust that the water that's in there is new? Also, there's no digital display or anything fancy like that. It's a one-button design and you decide how much coffee you're getting by how much water you're putting in.

So in short, a simple better valued design to create the same coffee at a much lower price.
on April 21, 2013
I bought this HB 4995 coffee maker a few months ago, but every time I used it with a K cup or ground coffee, the water will spill over from the tank above. I tried to change the extent of grind and different K cups but it did not make a difference. I wrote to Hamilton Beach within a month of purchase and after a lot of resistance they agreed to ship a new coffee-maker but I had to return the cord plug. I tried the 2nd coffee maker, this time it would brew good coffee from a K cup but with ground coffee, the spillover continued. So I examined the brewing cup and realized that the cup had only one central opening for the brewed coffee to trickle into my mug and that whole probably was being covered by coffee grounds and the water was overfilling the brewing cup and spilling over. So I tried an experiment. I took a round paper coffee filter, trimmed it from the top to fit into the brewing cup and inserted it in the brewing cup before putting in the ground coffee. Voila, it worked and I had good coffee without any water spill.

MC
on September 17, 2013
The K-cup is great and most of us love the fresh-brewed, never stale, taste of coffee without the hassle, mess, or cleanup ... BUT ... those K-cup machines are Sooooooo expensive! Until Now! Rejoice ... Hamilton Beach has figured out how to provide K-cup convenience without the high cost of that propitiatory machine, and has even thrown in some cool optional features like the ability to use regular ground coffee, and it will even accept those single-cup coffee pods like the ones hotel-motels use, all in a machine that costs less than half of that other machine. Wow! Mine works great, I've used all three methods of brewing coffee with this machine and they all work flawlessly. I now have the luxury of one in my office with enough money left over to buy those expensive K-cups without breaking the bank. Get one of these machines, have a cup of coffee, and relax, you deserve a break today ... Thanks Hamilton Beach!
on July 21, 2013
I have had my FlexBrew for a couple of months now. I had read the reviews before purchasing. Luckily, I found some people who had waited to test their maker completely before writing their reviews. As stated in the directions, I pushed the K-cup all the way into the tray till I heard a pop. Then I locked it into place by pushing down on the front lever of the tray. I made sure to not fill my water pass the "max" line. No issues what-so-ever. When I used my ground coffee, again I followed the directions. My husband uses 2 tablespoons of ground coffee (the "max" amount) and I use 1 1/2 tablespoons of ground coffee. Again, we didn't fill pass the "max" water line. No issues with cofee all over the place. As far as the steam goes, you're making hot coffee. Of course there's going to be steam. We just make sure that our coffeemaker isn't under our wood cabinets. So, I highly recommend the FlexBrew to anyone who wants to have the option of using K-cup single served coffee without paying the high Keurig coffee machine price.
on May 2, 2015
I absolutely love this little single serve brewer! I use it all of the time to make myself a specialty cup of coffee, rather than make an entire pot in my large coffee maker. My husband only drinks regular coffee, so, with this one-cup brewer, I am able to enjoy a cup of flavored coffee one cup at a time, while he has the entire large pot all to himself. He drinks coffee all during the day, so this one pot will last him all day long. I, on the other hand, drink only a couple of cups of coffee in the morning. I have never had a problem with this brewer! It works perfectly and will give you a really hot cup of coffee in just a couple of minutes. The simplicity of this brewer is a big plus, as you just add water and coffee and hit 'Start'! It is also super easy to clean and will make a regular 6 oz. cup of coffee or a larger on up to about 12 oz. The only drawback I have found with brewing a larger cup of coffee is that the water reservoir only holds 6 oz. at a time, so you have to add another 6 oz. of water after the first 6 oz. has run through. I usually do use a larger cup, so it would be nice if the water reservoir held a full 12 oz. of water. Still, this little brewer is just perfect for my needs. It would be a nice addition to anyone's kitchen, especially if you are single. You get a hot cup of coffee with each cup!
on June 24, 2014
I have had this machine 3 months now and it is great. On the second day I had it, I discovered why so many people say it leaks or sprays hot water all over. I had purchased a sample pack with many different brands of coffee in it. When I tried to brew my first K-cup from the "Martinus" brand, it leaked everywhere. Upon inspecting the K-cup after the spill, I discovered that this particular brand has not only the foil top on it, it also has a plastic coating over that. The plastic is much more difficult to puncture so, although it looked like the machine had punctured it, it had really not. What I now do when I use that brand is, load the K-cup, press down to puncture (which doesn't go all the way through), lift up on the "Press Down" handle and slide it back out, then I use a small sharp knife to finish puncturing through the plastic, re-insert everything, press down, and it is now ready to brew. This sounds like a lot, but it's really just an extra 20-30 seconds. Doing this, I have never had another leak (with the exception of user error by forgetting to "Press Down").
on November 29, 2016
I bought this a while ago (2 1/2 years ago) and it still works. Always on Saturday morning when I wake up at 6:00am because of the new puppy, I ALWAYS have a wonderful cup of coffee and its great. It takes like.......3 minutes to brew into one little cup and then done! It does splatter alot and it does dry up the little coffee thingamajigger, but you have to expect that. The size is perfect and I just keep it on my kitchen counter for easy access.
on August 1, 2014
Adequate and flexible. Brews a very nice cup of coffee. But(!) it's a bit complicated. Overly gimicky. Over engineered. Requires some tinkering to function right. I am still looking for the EASY, FLEXIBLE, CLEVER design that uses either K-cups or ground coffee. I know it's out there,,, this isn't it.

AMENDED REVIEW... (Six weeks after original review) This thing is an absolute POS! After numerous issues, ie. leak, failure to puncture K-cup, inexplicable sounds, STEAM SCALD upon handling. I gave this thing the old heave ho! JUNK, JUNK, JUNK!!! When I contacted Customer Service, they offered to send me a new replacement for more shipping cost than I paid for this crapper in the first place! They offered to "upgrade" to the next higher model for an additional $50 plus $40 shipping! HOW ABSURD!!

I told Customer Service that I am pitching the unit and that they have lost a customer!

I gave up and bought a Keureg. Should have done this in the first place!....Live and learn! DON'T BUY THIS POS.
on May 11, 2016
This item worked for only 6 weeks and then stopped working completely. The 30-day return period has already elapsed so I apparently just wasted $45.

UPDATE: DO NOT BUY THIS COFFEE MAKER. Hamilton Beach contacted me after I posted the above review and they offered to replace the unit if I cut the plug off the cord, mailed them a picture of the severed plug....AND paid $11.49 for shipping! So they want me to pay 25% of the cost of the unit itself to ship it back to them AFTER I've already sent them a picture of the plug cut off from the cord?? No thanks. That $11.50 will go toward a new coffee maker of another brand that will last more than 6 weeks. I should have paid attention to all the reviews that say this machine doesn't last.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.