Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 37 reviews
on September 4, 2014
I bought one for myself and gave one to my soon to be wife of my great nephew. I know she will enjoy it, and I am sure my great nephew will love eating the meals! It's a nice book -- worth the price!
on May 24, 2012
Hazan Family Favorites has quickly become my favorite cookbook. The photographs are gorgeous, and the descriptions are little narratives that make you feel like you are cooking with a trusted friend. I love that each recipe has a sub-title telling how long the meal will take to prepare from start to finish. From the quick and delicious Spinach and Chickpeas to the more involved Veal Stew with Mushrooms....Giuliano Hazan's clear instructions make you feel creative and in control. The book provides hours of enjoyment....browsing.....dreaming.....and actually cooking. Well done! I like the book so much, I've already purchased three as gifts!
on October 11, 2013
Content is really fine but the ebook design is terrible. (No Table of Contents, blocks of print on color difficult to read, book design makes it difficult to get to the content which is good). I would like to return it or hope to get an updated copy which works as an ebook.
on January 3, 2014
I am a big fan of Marcella hazan, and with her book, I felt I am coming to a great understanding of Italian food. It's technique, it's culture and most importantly its flavours. Because of Marcella 's pass away, I decided that I need to take a look at his son's cook book to see if the same way of cooking is preserved in the hazan family. No, unfortunately this book is a huge disappointment for the hazan name. The techniques are all wrong. You will never get how the dishes look like in the picture if you follow his instruction. For example, he just replaced prosciutto with sauce (as in Marcella's), and make pea/sausage instead of pea/prosciutto dish. The technique for cooking the pea is all wrong, you will get a blob of soggy peas if you follow his instruction. And many dishes call for ready made products without going into details on how to make the real stuff. It's a book of teaching you how to make America style instant food with the illusion of making you think it's traditional food.
on December 21, 2012
I have had great results for previous Hazan family recipes. A must have. Try the classic Salade Russe. Guaranteed raves.
on December 7, 2016
I will admit that I haven't yet cooked from this, and I hate e-cookbooks (hard to navigate, often missing pictures, just annoying in general, like e-travel guides). That said, many of the recipes sound good in principle, but assume kitchen experience and ability to problem solve. Many give some ingredient quantities in weight, others in different measures (12 oz. zucchini, but 4 1/2 c. flour). They substitute canned ingredients for fresh, not always with justification or advice ("canned tomatoes," but ONLY fresh artichokes, for the trimming of which encouragement is provided, but inadequate instructions are given). They use kitchen appliances for some processes, but not others where they would be helpful (e.g. a food processor, but not a mandoline). Directions assume an experienced cook with a good pantry and access to a wide range of ingredients. That said, there are unusual and intriguing recipes here (e.g. artichoke frittata). Since I have 50 years of travel and kitchen experience, and live in a major urban area, I will certainly try some. At the promotional price, it's a nice idea book. I wouldn't pay full price.
on November 1, 2013
Another book bought to give as a gift. A wonderful item to use both as a reference and as a repository of great recipes that the dedicated home cook can follow easily. What a joy !!
on January 30, 2013
Giuliano has the taste buds that one would wish every great cook has. His recipes are simple and delicious. THis is a great buy.
on January 29, 2014
This recipe book will be one of my favorites. Love the easy directions and pictures.
Delicious recipes for all occasions.
on January 23, 2014
love other Hazan cookbooks and this one did not disappoint - very happy with this latest addition to my collection.