Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 770 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 850 reviews
on December 4, 2012
I eventually purchased this after trying a cheaper screen protector that I got when I bought my kindle fire hd. The price is very expensive, but I truly believe it was worth the investment.
Packaging is simple, only has the screen protector and a cloth. The provided cloth didn't have fibers that would come off like my previous screen protector package. Application was very easy and fit well. I had to reapply it again since I installed it crooked and this did not impact application at all. During both applications I had zero bubbles. Didn't seem to impact sensitivity at all when playing games or using apps (only use my fingers). It does smudge a lot easier I've noticed.

I did notice the rainbow distortion in the middle of my screen when I first applied it. It appears to be more due to poor contact with the surface of the screen as when I applied pressure it would dissipate. It was a rather large distortion and smack dab in the middle of the screen. However, it was barely noticeable when using the fire, and it also disappeared after a night of using it. I'm not sure if it goes away eventually or if the heat from the usage made it stick better, but I was definitely happy it was gone.

Pros: Easy application, no bubbles, sensitivity unaffected, fits well
Cons: Expensive, smudges easier

**edit 1/5/13: So I've been using this product for a couple months now and I decided to lower my rating a bit. While this screen protect does apply very easily and can be reapplied just as easily again, there are a few problems I've noticed. Just like other screen protectors it will add a bit of glare to the screen especially when using in the sunlight. I've also noticed the large distortion on and off, which is very odd. Most of the time I don't see any distortion, but it seems like randomly the distortion shows up for a short period of time and then goes away (temperature related?). As noted before it doesn't impact actual image when using the kindle fire, it's just annoying to see for such an expensive screen protector.
on December 7, 2012
I was a little hesitant to spend so much on a screen protector, as there were so many reasonably priced alternatives. However, I was most concerned with protecting the investment I made in the Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 32 GB - Includes Special Offers, so I took a chance on the Moshi iVisor XT... and I haven't yet regretted that decision. My Kindle is kept in the Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" Standing Leather Case, Persimmon (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7"), and I didn't even have to remove the case in order to apply the Moshi screen protector. For those who haven't yet purchased the Kindle Fire HD, the Amazon leather case doesn't touch the screen (except when the cover is closed, of course), so any screen protector that fits within the confines of the actual screen isn't affected by the cover. Applying the screen protector was simple. The screen protector has no adhesive, and it is meant to be removed and periodically cleaned, so even if you don't get a perfect fit the first time, you can keep reapplying until it is properly situated. The Kindle housing around the actual screen is slightly raised, and the screen protector is perfectly sized for the Kindle screen, so it is easy to guide the protector onto the screen without making a mistake. Since there is no adhesive and the screen protector is rather thick, it would be difficult to get bubbles underneath it, but even if air or dust were trapped under the protector, it is super easy to remove, clean, and replace. On a side note, even though there is no adhesive, the screen protector stays securely put once it is placed on the screen. It takes a little manipulation to remove it, so don't be concerned that its versatility detracts from its core function. As for the distortion and the rainbows others have seen, these have not been a problem for me. I keep the little swatch of microfiber (included) in my Kindle case and wipe the screen protector when necessary. As long as the screen protector is clean, I don't experience any distortion - no matter the lighting or ambience. This Moshi has the added advantage of being *made* to be removed, cleaned, and reapplied. I do recall that when I initially applied the Moshi, a slight rainbow hue was visible, but it dissipated after one use, possibly due to the heat from the screen or oils from my fingers? As for the sensitivity of the touch-screen being impacted, although the Moshi protector is substantial (which makes me more confident that it will indeed 'protect' my Kindle's screen), I've noticed no reduction in the screen's sensitivity. Games, books, web applications, etc., all work just as well as they do without the protector.
1616 comments| 676 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 8, 2013
We now have this screen protector on two different Kindles. It works well, is thick and durable, easy to install and super-easy to clean. We do get the "rainbow" mentioned by several other reviews and it can be very distracting. I have found that I can minimize it significantly by installing the screen protector all at once, flat (as opposed to starting at one end and smoothing across the screen), and doing so gently, with no pressure/pressing down. I basically line up the edges and "drop" the screen protector into place. It made a big difference on my Kindle. Hope that helps.
on January 2, 2013
I was nervous about the prodcut because of some of the reviews. Upon getting the protector sreen I noticed that the packaging had already been opened. I cleaned my screen according to the directions and it appeared to be free of dust. After peeling off the backing to apply the protector I noticed the protector itself appeared to have dust on both sides. I went ahead and applied after cleaning the best I could. I do not see a rainbow as many pople suggest. It was easy to install even though I have a shakey hand. The screen seems to be just as sensitive to touch which is good and it's doing it's job of keeping it scratch free and bubble free. Dust is under the protector and is annoying but I'm learning to live with it as I don't want to pull the protector off just yet. Overall it's doing it's job wonderfully. I do think I got someone elses return. But so far it seems fine.
on December 17, 2012
being that this was at the time the only screen protector available for purchase with my Kindle fire HD, it seems sort of hard to rate it as I have nothing to compare it too. I will say the price was a bit up there but it did not bubble and went on much easier than expected. Screen is slightly less interactive and I see a little change in color at a certain angle in the center of the screen where the protector is thinner than the areas with the black margin. Each of these are mentioned on the package and I also have now read that the screen itself can sometimes become less responsive for whatever reason and it may not have anything to do with the protector. Overall, it works, goes on easily, no bubble, no wiping or pressing to remove bubbles, its good. Pricey and unfortunate that there are no other options, but works.
on December 1, 2012
I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting when I ordered this protective sheet for the screen on my Kindle Fire HD - maybe something like a 'cling' - you know, thin as paper, flexible, etc... No. This was not the case. This screen protector is thick enough so that is does not bend easily and if you take your time, attaches to the screen in moments. I have had this for 2 weeks now, and after daily use, I find that it has yet to let me down. It took a little getting used to only because your finger or stylus does not slide AS easily but it is of no consequence because the Kindle can still sense where you are touching. I barely even notice its there anymore. I would highly recommend this product for all you Kindle Fire HD Users. In my opinion it is worth the price. The ONLY caution I will make here is if you purchase one, take your time when peeling off the protective backing (before applying it to your screen). Even though there is a pull-tab to help get it started, it really takes some doing before you can separate the backing from the protector. It took me a couple of minutes but I was able to do it without damaging the screen protector because if you bend it too far or crease it, it's permanent so be careful.
on December 12, 2012
I am not overly thrilled with this screen protector. It is, I suppose, it is HD Clear, However, I find that the middle of the screen is distorted, almost like there is water underneath the screen and it is unable to be smoothed out. THis screen protector is very glossy, It is basically a mirror and impossible to use when in any kind of bright lighting whatsoever. This cover will definitely not reduce glare. It is also not resistant to fingerprints or smudges. If you are looking for a screen protector to simply protect the glass screen without losing picture quality than this is for you. Just keep in mind this screen protector does not help with glare,finger prints, smudges, or better picture quality. @Moshi When will you be coming out with an anti-glare screen protector to fit the Kindle Fire HD models????
on March 13, 2013
NOTE: Review written a few weeks after purchase so a honest review can be given.

I ordered this alongside my Kindle Fire HD(32GB) to protect the screen with.

As for the rainbow that people see on the screen when they first put it on and start using it, it eventually goes away. It affected a small area near the left bottom of my screen but it eventually went away. It may help also to reapply the screen protector and sometimes that helps. It eventually goes clear, though. While it did have the rainbow effect it didn't degrade my ability to read/play games/surf the web or anything else.

The way it adheres to the screen is pretty cool. It protects the black sides and not just the screen.

Application of the screen protector is simple. Peel the back off and place it on. I suggest putting the protector on as soon as you get the Kindle out of the box so no lint/dust gets on the Kindle. Even with a microfiber cloth I've found that some dust or lint particles get left behind and are annoying over the screen.

I throw the Kindle into the side pocket of my laptop bag and I have no scratches on it at all. The screen protector stays stuck!

I think this is a great product. The only thing I'm missing is a full case for it, but I don't think I'll get one. Just protecting the screen is my main concern.
on May 15, 2013
I got this for my new Amazon Kindle Fire HD, it was extremely easy to install without a single bubble. I just peeled the backing off, lined it up, and stuck it on the glass. There is no gap in the screen as I've heard there is with other covers. I was also skeptical about ordering this after reading so many negative reviews about how it leaves a rainbow glare on the screen. I have watched movies, played online, watched youtube, read a book. None of these activities brought out any rainbow or color variations. The protector was clear when I peeled the backing off, and remained clear after application to the screen. Thankful I bought this to protect my screen from any scratches!
on January 2, 2013
I have to be honest here.... I have no other experience with screen protectors to compare this to but I've heard nightmare stories. I bought this because of the no bubble guarantee. After reading the reviews, I was afraid to try it, and I didn't want to mess up my new Kindle Fire. I'm so glad I decided to jump in with both feet!!! This was a breeze! As advertised, no bubbles. And to the users that see a rainbow, I can't imagine what you did differently than I did. I see no rainbow at all. And I have turned my Kindle every direction to try to find it and see what you were talking about. I highly recommend this product. Easy to use, and no problems with installation! I was finished installing in about 30 seconds!