Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: If I Didn't Know Better [feat. Clare Bowen]
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Starting at $39.99 Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Wedding Store Tailgate-Garden Amazon Football TV Wall Mounting CrisisinSixScenes CrisisinSixScenes CrisisinSixScenes  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle for Kids Edition RollingStones Shop Now STEM

on November 1, 2012
I was totally spellbound when Clare Bowen and Sam Palladio performed this song on "Nashville". Their chemistry was something right out of a "Romance Novel" and their performance left my heart pounding and wanting for more. I couldn't wait for the next episode which also left me speechless with their duet "Fade Into Me". Amazon, what's taking you so long to get that download? Clare Bowen's vocals are hauntingly angelic and matched up with Sam Palladio's incredible vocals is a match made in heaven. I hope they will soon come out with a "Nashville" CD because all of the music on the show is fabulous. Waiting patiently for Connie Britton and Charles Esten's "No One Will Ever Love You" duet which will make it a top three powerhouse of incredible songs.
on January 21, 2015
This is a beautiful song by two of the most beautifully unique voices I have heard in a long time. Like Lee De Wyze singing Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah", this is a cut that I can listen to for hours. It is haunting. It is melodic. It is beautiful. It is transendic. it is something that anyone ever in love with the wrong person has felt, but been unable to express.
on October 21, 2012
"If I Didn't Know Better" is an odd duck of a country song. It reminds me of the old 50's-Noir period. The melody is languid, and hauntingly beautiful, and I like it.
on November 5, 2012
This song is amazing, mostly due to Clare Bowen's amazing and haunting voice. I'm disappointed that Amazon is crediting just Sam Palladio as the artist (and this actually confused me, as I was looking for a song with a woman as the artist, not a guy named Sam!).
on May 15, 2014
If you like real voices and the soul of the original country music from the 50's through the 70''s you will like these tracks and artists. With the collaboration of good writers these actors and vocalist (yes, I said and meant singers as good if not better than current top chart country artists) these tracks are very likeable and good country music. I grew to love the show and have great respect and admiration for the music this series is producing. On this recording performed in the famous Ryman auditorium the instrumental was a pleasure to listen to. I always loved the steel guitar and even noticed an accordion in these arrangements. Aubrey Peeples voice reminds me much of Patsy Cline. I can't say enough about this broadcast that can be found on youtube in it's entirety.
on November 14, 2012
I am not a country fan. I'm really not. Then again, I am fascinated by the music from Nashville. The on-repeat-for-days kind of fascinated. I wouldn't expect something this good out of a TV show, but the first time I heard this track, it sure did make my ears perk up and take the musical approach of this show seriously. Clare Bowen makes this song. Not that I have anything against the other guy & I do actually like his performance, but it's her voice that made me all ears and seduced me. There are very few tracks that I hear that make me feel that special magic the first time through & this has only become more special as I get more familiar. I am usually irritated by women who sing like they're 4 years old, but this is not that simple, she doesn't stop at the breathy baby doll, she sings like she's an adult who has some serious heart behind every word, both wanting to believe and wanting to be strong. It's a voice that strikes me more as the ephemeral Stevie Nicks of "Rhiannon" and "Landslide" or maybe Jewel back when she would actually sing "Painters" or "Till We Run Out Of Road." Though, I suppose, trying to compare this with anyone is kind of unfair. "Fade Into You" is right up there with this & while "I Will Fall" isn't quite the same calibre, it's only because they knocked these two so far out of the park. I can play the set of them along with Connie Britton's "No One WIll Ever Love You" on repeat for hours.
on November 9, 2012
I first heard this song on the pilot episode of Nashville and have been obsessed with it ever since. I don't like this recorded version quite as much as the version actually played on the show, mostly because this version seems a little more condensed (maybe they cut out some instrumental sections? Can't quite tell). Either way, love this song and can't get enough of it.
on November 2, 2012
It's a nice little song, but the two of them have chemistry, which turns nice into great. And great is in short supply this century.
on November 19, 2014
I was never a fan of country music, until I started to wash the series Nashville, This song, "If I didn't know Better is a classic in its on way. I am now a new fan of Country and Western Music.
on October 30, 2012
As soon as I heard this haunting, sexy duet on "Nashville," I knew I had to have it. Fantastic stuff. It doesn't sound much like current country music, which is fine by me as I'm more of an "old country" fan. I like a lot of the other music on the show, as well, but this is my favorite by far. I wish there was more info at Amazon on the singers' names, but I sure enjoyed watching them perform on the show. The blond is a knock-out. Sort of a young Geena Davis. And the two have definite chemistry. That said, the song holds up on its own.