Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Paul McCartney Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$7.99

Showing 1-10 of 52 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 64 reviews
on August 7, 2014
Andrew Bird is awesome - good stuff
on January 20, 2013
I have four or five Andrew Bird albums, and love every one. This work, which features old-style sound (heavy on the fiddle) and a spiritual, sometimes gospel feel, features his rich voice and string workmanship. "Three White Horses," the opening piece, is my favorite. Critics have not raved about this album as they have his others, finding it a bit 'aw shuck-sy,' but I enjoy the country flavor and particularly like his rendition of "If I Needed You."
VINE VOICEon February 21, 2013
I'm a fan of Andrew Bird's music. His last album didn't quite strike me, but this one hit me squarely between the eyes (and ears). The production quality is excellent and every song is a keeper. The more I listen to it, the more I like it. Andy gets back to his folk roots with this release. There's plenty of gorgeous violin work but I'll admit that I do miss his signature whistle on Hands of Glory. The epic final track "Beyond the Valley of the Three White Horses"; reprises the first song of the album and ties it all together in a nice neat bow. I often listen to this album at work on repeat, and never tire of it. I'd love to hear it live.

For fans of folk, Andrew Bird's more stripped down and thoughtful creations, ...and just plain good, authentic music -- then Hands of Glory should not disappoint.

~ Kort
on January 2, 2013
I saw Andrew Bird (with Tifft Merritt as guest violinist) on the David Letterman show and just had to buy his album (and one of hers, as well).

Wow--I love all kinds of music, bluegrass included. Andrew Bird plays unusual, but recognizable, tunes, modals, etc. I play it in my car on long country drives and love it more each time I take a trip.
on January 2, 2013
I have been a long fan of Andrew Bird, I bought this album immediately before going to see him in concert last month. I was impressed, but even more impressed once I saw him perform Three Horses live and alone. The man embodies endless talent and it shows through his compositions. A rounded, full bodied folk music experience.
on May 19, 2014
He's been on a roll for the past five years or so and it seems like there is no stopping him. This is probably his most "normal" album in a while - not as much weird iimagery in the lyrics, and the songs are less frenetic as some in the past. Also some are just normal country/bluegrass sounding songs. But they're all really beautiful with some really great playing and singing throughout. Anyone who enjoyed Break It Yourself or Noble Beast will like this one as well.
on September 26, 2014
What else can you say… Andrew Bird, one of the most interesting and creative voices in popular music today. His early work (Music of Hair and The Ballad of the Red Shoes) is well worth exploring. Also check out the Handsome Family who have influenced Bird a lot over the years.
on January 5, 2015
Andrew Bird is awesome, but i thought this was Vinyl sense it came up while i was buying other records. pretty upset with that but i guess i just have to be more careful when Amazon recommends products.
on May 19, 2013
Admittedly I like most material from Mr. Bird so I'm biased. He's a super talented songwriter and player, and this release stands out in that it has a live acoustic, down home feel. I recommend turning it up loudly on a quality home audio system capable of playing the upright bass in this recording. It sounds awesome! And the track Orpheo, which has a simple melody, is beautiful. This release took more listens to "get" but after time I think it may be one of his best.
on December 12, 2012
This is different from his previous recordings in that it has more bluegrass or country (old time country) playing. I consider Andrew Bird to be as important and interesting as the Beatles, Van Morrison, David Bowie, and David Byrne. As someone who has been immersed in rock music all my life, these artists are set apart by continuing to evolve as artists and by having something interesting to say about humans, their activities, their imaginations.