Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning heera heera avfly_channel_heera  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 46 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 86 reviews
on January 11, 2015
I paid less then 400 for this tv about 2 years ago. It's worked great and hasn't had a problem. Picture is comparable to other tvs. Best part is their is no front sticker. Good tv
on January 3, 2013
For 529.00 this 50' was a steal!!! I hooked it up and the picture was just a beautiful as my 47' Vizio....not only that but we were able to hook our surround sound system up through our cable box and it was perfect....it arrived surprisingly quick....I have to say this is by far the best purchase I have made online, ever...I would recommend this to any & everyone looking to get a lot of TV for a lil bit of money...not only that, but with the free super saver shipping, I saved an additional 50$ plus I saved abother 30-40$ on taxes I would have paid in store.....it has 3 HDMI so we were able to hook up our gaming systems....you will not be disappointed if you purchase this, it also comes with a limited 90 day manufacturers warranty......so you have nothing to lose......buy it and ENJOY!!!
on June 13, 2013
I must say that I am impressed with this TV. I love the fact that it doesn't have a logo on the front, it's just nice and sleek looking. Also, like some other reviewers have stated, the picture quality is superb. I haven't noticed any motion blur whatsoever, be it an action movie, comedy, cartoon, etc. I for one, think that the sound quality of its built in speakers is quite laudable. Better than my old LCD, by all means! And, I must again agree with some other reviewers on here in stating this: if you don't like it's audio, you should probably have (or acquire)some decent home theater speakers anyways. With the money you can save on this unit, why not splurge a little for decent audio?

All in all: I would absolutely recommend this TV. I love the way it looks, the picture quality, the sound, and most of all... the price point! I was most impressed.
on February 14, 2013
My only complaint is the sound is quite at times then will get super loud. Can be fixed a bit by turning off the surround sound option but the sound isn't as consistant as my last tv. Great picture though.
on May 8, 2013
I got this TV during the 2012 Black Friday sale for $280, it was one of the best deals I ever got. I have waited a while to write the review because I wanted to see how the TV would hold up. We have used this TV in our living room as our main TV since Dec of 2012 and so far it has been excellent. The picture is sharp on HD channels, We watched the Life of Pi HD Blue Ray not too long ago and it was breath taking on this TV. Colors are rich and bright. Sound is great. I know the sound bar on our TV can go up to like 60 and we usually have it around 19-23 and thats with 4 cats, a parrot, and a 11 year old boy running around the house and you can still hear it just fine and clear when sitting at normal distance from the TV. Watching non-hd channels isnt too bad. When you first switch to a non HD channel you can definitely tell a difference, but after you watch it for a bit its like watching a normal tube TV and you dont notice anymore.

We also noticed the TV was set on 780p and we had to manually go in to our cable settings and set it to 1080p. So some of you who arent getting an amazing picture might want to check your cable settings to make sure its on 1080p.

As someone else said it has no branding on it, so when all my friends come over they always ask me who made the TV and comment on how nice it is. My one friend who is a major name brand buyer "has to have all the top of the line name brand items" is extremely jealous of how nice this tv is and what I paid for it.

I had no issues with shipping. It was shipped fast, delivery company called twice to confirm delivery. The delivery guy who came was extremely nice, knowledgeable and helpful. He helped set the tv up exactly where we wanted it and everything.

We have use the HDMI port without any problems and attached our laptop to the tv and used it as a monitor without issues, and its pretty awesome as a monitor! The HDMI slot was fine and not too close to other slots, we dont have the issue of it scraping the case when we insert the HDMI cable on it.

The only downside I had was the remote kinda sucked, but we had a universal remote from comcast so we didnt need the remote that came with it anyway.

All in all if they go on sale again this Black Friday 2013 for $280 or less Im going to buy another one if I can. Heck Ill buy 2 more if I can. One for the bedroom and one for my son!
on November 5, 2013
This TV is awesome!! My total was $488.00. Which includes the $25.00 mount. Granite, It took a week to get it, and when it came, it was completely cracked and looked like a big ink spot with multi-colored cracks in the middle. Amazon paid for the shipping, they sent it FEDEX Ground. Said the soonest they could get out me a replacement would be another week through FEDEX Ground once again. My hopes were not high, as the packaging in the box was not great and it looked like it was just thrown around. I had to repack the damaged TV, and ship it back. I even offered to pay for overnight, or even 2 or 3 day shipping myself, but all he kept saying was sorry, we can't do anything about it. Here's the thing, I had a huge party planned and and had to cancel. We ended up having it at another friends place so all worked out OK. They were true to their word and the replacement came exactly one week later. This time, I took it out of the box, found the cord and plugged it in with out putting the stand on it. The stand is not the strongest and a bit wobbly. Getting it mounted on the wall next week. Overall, the picture is excellent. The sound is alright, but I would recommend getting surround or a bar speaker if you are into movies, it's fine for regular TV but I will get an additional sound system for it eventually. I would totally recommend this TV. It doesn't have a name brand anywhere on the TV except when you turn it on, it's in HUGE letters, HITEKER. Who cares, the picture is crystal clear and well worth the price.
on December 15, 2013
Decided to try not being a label "wh.re" and go with a inexpensive tv wirh dwcent reviews. Have no idea what those people were thinking. I moved a smaller RCA LED TV to put this bigger tv in family rm, and immediately saw the difference. This tv has blurry edges, picture is no where near as crisp as my RCA. Also had a Sony Plasma and it had a better pic as well. Sound sucks. Put it on the highest volume and still could barely hear it over my space heater.
The remote looks cheap and has minimal functions, tried adjusting the color balance and could barely adjust it. But I decided what the heck, for the price and size I'll keep it... then while we're watching it (haven't had it a full week!) The sound goes out!!!! I double checked that it wasn't the cable box, changed channels, turned it off and on. NOPE, no sound. I turned the TV off, then back on... sound returned! And so will this no name tv.. be returned! Why would I want a replacement? I'm not wasting my time taking rhe risk of having to return another TV.
on February 1, 2013
I got this to replace the last non HDTV in my home, and I'm very pleased with the TV. It's exactly as claimed, but not better. If you're upgrading from a 5 year old or older TV, you will think this is the greatest purchase ever. It's an attractive TV with a good picture and contrary to other reviews--the audio is just what you would expect from any flat screen TV without surround sound:OK, but not great. That's the standard.

Set up is easy and intuitive. The remote is kind of flimsy, but I use Cable TV so that's a non issue. Also, important, if you're looking for the Code to set this up with your Cable...is the code for "Curtis Mathes"...so I assume the old Curtes Mathes changed its name to create this off-brand.

Buy this if you get a great deal, but understand it is NOT the brilliant super HD of an LED...it's not even near as great a picture as I get with my 60 inch Mitsubishi DLP HDTV (which others have criticized and I LOVE).

This Hiteker is fantastic as a 2nd TV in my Bedroom. Perfect really at the great price I got it for.

If you want a primary TV, spend $100 to $200 more and get a better one.

At $400 I love it...at $600 I would hate it.
on October 17, 2013
To be fair, I had low expectations, I just wanted a cheap 50 inch 1080p LCD TV for my bedroom.

The price was the best I could find for these specs.

No disappointments. Excellent picture (don't use internal sound) and I only needed a single HDMI input.

The generic mounting bracket worked fine and mounted easily.

The warranty is only 90 days for parts and labor... so I am taking a risk... you could get the extended warranty if you're concerned... as a rule I don't because they've never paid off for me.
on January 15, 2013
I bought this in a sale for a significant discount, so I was a little worried that it would be a sub-standard product. But so far it has been really great; the sound is sub-par, but that's true for most built-in sound systems, and what do you expect from a cheap TV? If they're going to cut costs somewhere that's the best place. The picture was fine out of the box, and tweaking it was pretty easy. I love the three HDMI ports, and all the ports are easy to reach and seem solidly built. My only complaints are minor: the internal clock can be a bit screwy (it defaults to 2001 when left on auto-- long before the TV was even built!), and the remote is boring and ugly (no complaints about functionality though). If you can get this TV for less than the name brands, it's probably worth your while.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.