Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Shop Popular Services _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Paul McCartney Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 30 reviews
on August 28, 2012
The book ooked appealing but I was unable to view the contents. Had I seen the contents, I would not have ordered the book.
The sweaters were unappealing and sloppy looking.Nothing I can imagine knitting and I usually love vintage patterns.
I have already donated the book to a charity drive!
on July 27, 2010
I'm sorry, these patterns could be easily found on many knitting websites. The pictures are cute, but I didn't need to spend the money on these
patterns.
on June 11, 2009
Okay, maybe not the knit soakers LOL, but this book is great! I will definitely be making lots of these items for my daughter and also for gifts. Some of the patterns are a bit more challenging and others are quite simple. I'm an intermediate knitter, so that's nice for me, I like to have some of both in a pattern book. I couldn't wait to get this book when I saw previews of it and I am not disappointed. I can't wait to get started on my first project - the little shrug.
on August 1, 2009
I love this book. The designs are fresh yet classic. As a knitter with over 40 years of knitting experience, I found this book to be quite possibly my all-time favorite for babies. The patterns hold my interest - they have enough complexity that I don't get bored. They're challenging, but not to the point of causing me to break out in a knitting fever. It's a book I'll use again and again, which is more than I can say for most knitting books.
on December 30, 2015
I received this book today and I love it! I love the old patterns, and have books from my grandmother dating back to the 1920's. Some reviewers mentioned that directions in old patterns may be somewhat unclear. I found that with a little work and a little imagination that problem can be overcome. I assume these reviewers probably have not worked with really old patterns. Try them! I'm sure you will find them challenging. I love the history she provides and the materials suggestions she offers. I had to learn from trial and error which materials work best. I, too, knitted soakers for my children--when soakers were unheard of!! I wish I had know about the lanolin treatment she recommends. I believe anyone who enjoys vintage baby clothes and working with vintage patterns would like this book in their library.
on July 23, 2014
Purchased as a gift for an avid knitter and crochet artist. She was extremely happy to receive these heirloom patterns to reproduce as gifts, etc. She makes baby blankets for newborns in our church, so this gift was greatly appreciated.
on March 13, 2012
This book is so cute! I love it. It has lots of lovely little knits for boys and girls, but beware to those who don't like finer weight gauges, it does call for finer weight yarns for most of the designs.
on June 25, 2009
I bought this book for my daughter, an avid spinner, dyer and knitter, who is expecting her first child. I loved the book when it arrived, great clothes and wonderful organization, layout, photos, patterns--even some interestingly written history. She loved it when she opened it at her baby shower. Very highly recommended!
on May 23, 2013
I was asked to knit a christening gown for my newest granddaughter. I found exactly the perfect gown in this book.The instructions are good and the results were gorgeous.Lovely vintage styles for boys and girls. A treasure of a book.Many lovely things to make.
on January 14, 2013
nice book, good patterns, love the convenience of having it on the kindle. looking for other knitting books! this is my favorite way to carry patterns with me.