Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 295 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 383 reviews
on May 27, 2016
Easter Parade (1948) stars Judy Garland, Fred Astaire, and Ann Miiler in what's basically a love story. What I appreciate about this film is its elegance, class, energy and even pace. The wardrobes are something else, and really liven things up. The choreography and dancing are top notch, and the music is memorable. Just Garland and Fred Astaire (despite the big age difference) still have chemistry together, while Ann Miller sizzles in every way. The picture quality and sound quality are pretty good, considering that this film is quite old. Easter Parade has a tendency to be lost among the great musicals, taking a backseat to Singin' in the Rain and My Fair Lady, to name a few. I think it's unfair, because this was a foundation for the higher rated musicals in the years to follow. I think some movie musicals drew inspiration from this one, perhaps Singin' in the Rain, and even Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the beginning of this film reminds me of Willy Wonka). Overall, this film is a great experience for any age. The special features are okay.
on April 12, 2016
Great movie - excellent bonus material. I've been desperately looking for the American Episode on Judy Garland, (By Myself) since I caught it as a rerun years ago. It's such an excellent profile on Garland, but impossible to find. Some reviews said that the DVD was missing the bonus feature, but I decided to take a chance. Perhaps they didn't purchase the two disc special edition, because mine did come with the episode on disc two! This special feature alone is worth it, but the movie itself is delightful and I am extremely happy.
on April 11, 2015
I am 75 years old . My husband and I, excluding the talent which was so abundant and polished
in "Easter Parade", as did many of our friends lived lives in which those things intimate were
extremely private and where vulgarity was almost totally absent as shown in the movie. I remember
nearly every new hat that I got for Easter from the time I was a young girl until women did not wear
hats to church any longer. Easter church services were something like flower shows with women
in their colorful dresses and hats providing moving floral displays. There was a saying back then:
"I wouldn't wear that to a dog fight." My God. most everything I see young women wearing today
including the clothes worn by my granddaughters look to me as if they qualify for attendance at a
dog fight even if I have no idea what people wear to a dog fight. Life was ever bit as tough and raw
when I was young as it is today. Certainly harder. However, neither we nor the movies we watched
wallowed in the ugly and obscene. Now we are drenched by the ugly and the obscene. We made
every effort as did Hollywood to show the bright side and beauty of life and real love. Hardly ever do
you see a movie so well crafted as "Easter Parade". You can easily understand every word of dialogue
because the actors were so articulate and aware that people were out there wanting to hear what they
said. Dare say, the mumbling breathing and grunting discourse displayed in today's movies at best is
only partially conveyed to human ears, especially if they are old ears. And why are today's movies
nearly always in poor focus? Every scene of Easter Parade was so clear that I felt as if I could reach
into the TV screen and touch things. We grew up in a small western Pennsylvania steel town
surrounded by coal fields and farmland. What a thrill to have the cultivated talent possessed by
the likes of Judy Garland, Fred Astaire, Anne Miller, Irving Berlin, etc. regularly brought to town in
a reel of film. Thank you for providing us with the opportunity to bring true talent and craftsmanship
along with the sunny side of life right into our living room. I have to admit, the technology of today
is absolutely wonderous. Too, bad so much of it is devoted to presenting us with junk!
on April 23, 2013
Hooray for Warner! The sterling documentary Judy Garland: By Myself is now included on a separate dvd in the blu-ray edition. Missing from the initial blu-ray release, it is now packaged in a double-sided blu-ray case.
review image
on January 10, 2017
Can't go wrong with a movie starring Fred Astaire and Judy Garland. Price was amazing for a Bluray
on April 14, 2017
Love the movie and it was nice to see again.
on April 5, 2017
Excellent Classic
on March 3, 2017
great movie
on March 30, 2017
I love this movie
on April 15, 2017
A classic! It doesn't have to be Easter to enjoy this movie.