Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning biglittlelies biglittlelies biglittlelies  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 154 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 180 reviews
on June 24, 2016
My husband absolutely loves this cd and toby keith! He is his all time favorite country artist and has seen him play for a short time once when he was deployed. Full of amazing music to rock out to at home or in your car!
on January 16, 2013
Toby Keith's newest C.D. Hope on the rocks is awesome! He just gets better and better. I love the Hope on the Rocks song as well as all the others ont he C.D. Definitely worth every penny you spend on it.
on December 2, 2012
This album is OK but seems more ballad-type than his usual honkeytonk songs. Its OK though. He's great
and I'll enjoy whatever he puts out.
on December 14, 2012
Toby Keith delivers another great album! He doesn't dissappoint! Love love love this entertainer! Keep them coming, Toby! We'll keep buying!
on December 27, 2012
Toby Keith rocks. I love all his music and this is true to who he is. Keep the great music coming....:-)
on July 1, 2016
I bought this when it first came out in. Just like I do every time Toby Keith comes out with something new. It's a good cd just like everything Toby Keith does. My favorite songs are The Size I Wear, and I Like Girls That Drink Beer. There are bonus tracks of live versions of Red Solo Cup and Beers Ago. There is a drinking party theme to most of the songs on here. Again this is a good cd.
on October 30, 2012
Toby Keith has continued his string of excelent albums with this just released title! The only reason for my not giving it a 5 star rating is that he resorted to what I consider the cheesyest of all gimmicks with the remix of Red solo cup. Which in it's self was a funny novalty from his last Cd, and plenty enjoyable the way it was. I would imagine it was an attempt to capture the club or dance market, and to reach younger listeners. But I think this idea in my opinion is a flop. Don't get me wrong, the arangement, and style of this album is otherwise excelent, and Pink Floyd fans may especially appreciate the style of IF Your Not With Me, You're Not Alone, as it seems to take on the feel of the first track out of Floyd's "dark Side OF the Moon." So by no means should anyone hesitate in buying this otherwise excelent deluxe Eddition of "Hope ON The Rocks."
on November 14, 2012
I have only been a Toby Keith fan for about 4 or 5 years, I found his brand of country music all I could listen to and appreciate. I found this album to be a lot more slow and sad than his recent releases. This one has a lot of beautifully written songs that I can listen to but over all I did not find the album to be uplifting as the last few he has done. I find a lot of songs on here more in the vein of his earlier hits, like "Wish I Didn't Know Now" or "You Shouldn't Kiss Me Like This"

It just seems like a slower paced album and even a song like "Missed You Just Right" which is about finding the right woman though a failed previous relationship still has a sad feeling to it.

Overall I liked this album but not as much as last year's Clancy's Tavern or before that Bullets in the Gun. Also I got the deluxe edition and the bonus songs just do not fit the flow of the rest of the album at all. They are pretty good, although the Red Solo Cup remix is underwhelming, but really do not fit with the rest of the album. When all is said and done a solid 4 star effort but I don't think it is his best.
on November 19, 2012
I recently purchased Hope on the Rocks. The first time I listened to it I was elated that this album is vintage Toby. The songs are great, the singing is great - it's fantastic to run the treadmill listening to this album. I've already placed 6 of the songs on my Toby playlist. That's now 37 songs out of 17 albums. I do have to say that the live renditions of Get Out Of My Car and Red Solo Cup are forgettable. Not to worry, the original studio recordings of these two songs are still as great as ever! You can't go wrong purchasing this CD no matter what you pay for it.
on August 5, 2013
This CD is remarkable. i'm a fan of Toby.

I knew him, first when I heard the song I love this bar, i thought, this guy is very entertaining !
And I can't help dancing on "Whiskey Girl" !
The songs talk often of drinks alcoholic beer, and whiskey, that's country music.