Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 155 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 181 reviews
on November 14, 2012
I have only been a Toby Keith fan for about 4 or 5 years, I found his brand of country music all I could listen to and appreciate. I found this album to be a lot more slow and sad than his recent releases. This one has a lot of beautifully written songs that I can listen to but over all I did not find the album to be uplifting as the last few he has done. I find a lot of songs on here more in the vein of his earlier hits, like "Wish I Didn't Know Now" or "You Shouldn't Kiss Me Like This"

It just seems like a slower paced album and even a song like "Missed You Just Right" which is about finding the right woman though a failed previous relationship still has a sad feeling to it.

Overall I liked this album but not as much as last year's Clancy's Tavern or before that Bullets in the Gun. Also I got the deluxe edition and the bonus songs just do not fit the flow of the rest of the album at all. They are pretty good, although the Red Solo Cup remix is underwhelming, but really do not fit with the rest of the album. When all is said and done a solid 4 star effort but I don't think it is his best.
on June 24, 2016
My husband absolutely loves this cd and toby keith! He is his all time favorite country artist and has seen him play for a short time once when he was deployed. Full of amazing music to rock out to at home or in your car!
on July 1, 2016
I bought this when it first came out in. Just like I do every time Toby Keith comes out with something new. It's a good cd just like everything Toby Keith does. My favorite songs are The Size I Wear, and I Like Girls That Drink Beer. There are bonus tracks of live versions of Red Solo Cup and Beers Ago. There is a drinking party theme to most of the songs on here. Again this is a good cd.
on November 19, 2012
I recently purchased Hope on the Rocks. The first time I listened to it I was elated that this album is vintage Toby. The songs are great, the singing is great - it's fantastic to run the treadmill listening to this album. I've already placed 6 of the songs on my Toby playlist. That's now 37 songs out of 17 albums. I do have to say that the live renditions of Get Out Of My Car and Red Solo Cup are forgettable. Not to worry, the original studio recordings of these two songs are still as great as ever! You can't go wrong purchasing this CD no matter what you pay for it.
on April 15, 2017
One of Tobys best !
on December 27, 2012
I am never dissapointed with this fiesty american boy's new music c.d.'s
I liked his take on how we live. Not the rich foo foo people but ordinary people
like me.
on December 25, 2012
This is the kind of Toby music I love . He has really out done himself on this cd and it is great to listen to over and over again.
on December 27, 2012
Toby Keith rocks. I love all his music and this is true to who he is. Keep the great music coming....:-)
on December 24, 2012
This album takes some time to grow on you, but is a great listen. Hope on the Rocks is a fantastic song made even better by watching the music video. Not sure the deluxe is worth it. You get a few extra songs that are live/remix versions of some of his previous songs. But they pretty entertaining especially Get Out of My Car. All in all, a must have for any Toby Keith fan.
on December 14, 2012
Toby Keith delivers another great album! He doesn't dissappoint! Love love love this entertainer! Keep them coming, Toby! We'll keep buying!