Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 20, 2017
This is for light sanding jobs like scuffing the surface of a stained cabinet door in preparation for paint. One huge disappointment is that the vibration in the center of the head is nearly non-existent, so the sander only truly sands well in the areas that come in contact with the edges of the sander head. When looking at the paper after a few minutes of sanding I've only seen it worn around the edges-not over the entire surface.

I think if you have reasonable expectations of this tool you'll be satisfied w/it's performance. A great addition to the interchangable heads, but this will not likely replace your corded sander. At the price I paid I'm excited to keep and use this for small jobs.
on April 2, 2015
Of all the "Matrix" attachments I think this gets about the second most use after the drill/driver . Its a convenient thing to have for small sanding jobs, specifically if you own the matrix base and don't own (and/or don't want to own) a separate sander. My only complaint is that it seems to run through the battery charge rather quickly so you won't be doing anything too big at one time. If you're going to be doing a lot of sanding you're probably better off buying a separate sander.
on April 29, 2014
I purchased the B&D Matrix Drill because at the time it was the best deal in the store, for some forgotten reason I am a little prejudice against B&D products. Besides being the best price/power option at the store that day I was curious about the attachment functions.

I ordered the Sander attachment through Amazon. I have used it for several projects from sanding smaller pieces of wood to smoothing out the end of PVC pipes that were cut a little rough. This sander works fine, I have had no issues with it. It has not been fragile, this was an issue I had first feared.

I like that it is easy to replace the sanding pads, and that it is an exchangeable attachment for a single drill. It is not to difficult to exchange the parts when you get the hang of it, it maybe a little difficult to some until they get the hang of it.

The only draw back for me is that the sanding pads can only be obtained online in my area, but that is not an issue with the product itself.
on September 19, 2017
Used it right when i saw that it arrived. Works great and was really pleased that it came with some sheets all ready . Defiantly a 10 out of 10.
on December 21, 2014
It worked great for about 10 minutes then self destructed. A single screw that holds an eccentric weight on the motor shaft came loose. I was a odd-ball security type head that I didn't have a screwdriver for. I tried replacing the screw with a phillips head but #8 was too big and #6 too small. Must be metric threads which I didn't have on hand. It is too bad. I like all the other Matrix attachments that I have so it is a shame this one is a bad design.
on April 26, 2016
Probably one of my favorite matrix attachment. I use this one and the circular saw all the time. This is nice to get a quick smooth finish on wood surfaces. I do wish the sand paper was cheaper, but I live with it since this does such a good job. I highly reccomend having a vice to hold the wood down so you dont have to worry about the wood slipping and you can have a good 2 hands on the drill for complete control
on October 15, 2016
Doesn't have much power. Overall a good idea but the motor on the matrix doesn't seem to have enough power to sand well with this big of a sander head.
on August 30, 2017
Not a good attachment. better to save up for a proper one. it might be ok for some project out there somewhere...
on June 14, 2017
not enought diferen grain
on May 17, 2016
I am so glad I bought the matrix. I am not quite in a "tiny home" but I live very compactly and these attachments are so much less bulky and easy to store together so you can find everything. We just used this this weekend when repainting the house. A lot of power, great quality pads (some come with it, you don't have to order any right away with purchase).
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.