Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 13, 2012
Accompanied by the London Philharmonic, this has to be her masterpiece. I just played it all the way through. Here are the tracks in order:

Somewhere Over the Rainbow - lovely with perfect enunciation, crystal clear vocals and wistfulness
Winner Takes It All-- stunning work, emotive, powerful
Send In The Clowns- Best version I have ever heard
Music of the Night-- seductive, powerful- her soprano voice soars and her perfect enunciation again amazes
Bring Him Home-- she sings this beautifully, but be prepared for a tear jerker
Memory-- Clear as a bell in her vocals and shows off a nearly two octave range-- fabulous!
As Long As He Needs Me-- Sleeper of the CD! FANTASTIC- BLOWN AWAY BY THIS! powerful and passionate vocals- this is the stand out track on the cd-I cannot recommend this track more highly.
All I Ask of You---She sings in her highest lyric soprano on this one- outstanding duet with Donny O!
Out Here on My Own-- Can understand why she says this is a favorite- change of pace a bit- when she sings "Baby Be strong for me"- it is very sexy indeed.
YNWA-- Interesting arrangement, and Susan hits the highest notes with ease
This is the Moment-- The best duet ( imho) on the album- her voice and Donny's blend so perfectly

This album fulfills the promise of the audition. Susan is in all her glory-- there is drama, and she uses her powerful voice when needed, her highest ranges, which have been missing on her other CD's, her seductive voice, and her introspective tones -- in other words, it is many shades. It is a MUST HAVE CD for ANYONE who enjoys great music and a one of a kind voice! Kudos to all involved!!
Run, do not walk, to buy this CD for everyone you know
292 helpful votes
293 helpful votes
1515 comments|Report abuse
on November 13, 2012
Had to download this as soon as the mp3 was released at midnight. I've got the cd on order and will be able to compare the sound on the 2 soon. For now, I'm just overwhelmed with the power and versatility in these songs. She does "Bring him Home", effortlessly and powerfully--no straining on the high notes like many male singers. "Winner Takes It All" is heartbreaking. She can take another artist's version of a song like "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", sing the exact same notes, but the timbre of her voice gives it a completely different sound. (BTW, her produces says she did "Rainbow" in one take. No wonder she finished the album 2 weeks ahead of schedule.) There's a good blend on all the duets, although I prefer the ones with Donny. I know "You'll Never Walk Alone" is associated with football/soccer in the UK, but she recreates the original inspirational impact of the song. I wish she'd sing it in New York and dedicate it to the victims of the hurricane.

Even if you're not fond of show tunes, I think you will be impressed with her voice itself.
135 helpful votes
136 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on November 13, 2012
I got up early to download the mp3 album from Amazon and can't stop listening. Quite simply, Susan Boyle's voice is so beautiful, so pure. She just seems to get better and better. The selection of songs is superb. As the title says, this album includes the greatest songs from the stage. Every track I listen to, I think it's my favorite and then I come to the next one and think the same thing. Impossible to choose a favorite.
Also, how wonderful to have the great Michael Crawford on this album with the sensational duet of "Music of the Night". He has a voice like no other; he is acting and singing at the same time. I also love the duets with Donny Osmond "All I Ask Of You" and "This Is The Moment".
All in all, I am thrilled with this album and I believe anyone who loves beautiful music will enjoy it immensely. Also a great gift for Christmas as my friends will discover when they unwrap their presents from me!
80 helpful votes
81 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on November 13, 2012
In this album, Susan Boyle fulfills the promise of her amazing audition. In her audition, we heard the raw and powerful voice, in this album, that voice has been honed to perfection. There is no fluff, no "throw-aways" here. Every song in this album is exquisitely performed. She is Nancy declaring her poignant love in "Oliver" as she sings the moving "As Long As He Needs Me", Nettie inspiring and encouraging with "You'll Never Walk Alone" in "Carousel"; Desiree despairing over a wasted love as she asks "where are the clowns" from "A Little Night Music". "Music of the Night", her duet with Michael Crawford is a stunning musical seduction. She is a tattered and worn out Grizabella singing "Memory" in "Cats". She portrays perfectly the grit and determination of the character in "Fame, the Musical" as she declares she is "Out Here On My Own"; Abba's "The Winner Takes it All" is filled with pain and resignation; "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", the leading track perfectly provides the promise of what is to come and is sung as a moving nod to Eva Cassidy's arrangement, but, my opinion, with a lushness not heard in Ms Cassidy's rendition. "All I Want" and "This is the Moment", both duets with Donny Osmond are highlights of the album with a perfect musical chemistry between the two. Finally, there is "Bring Him Home" from "Les Miserables". She begins this song with nothing but her pure and crystal clear voice, and makes it a moving prayer that touches your very soul.
The orchestration is the perfect accompaniment and one can literally see Miss Boyle center stage performing to perfection these musical theater classics.
I believe that this album is a must have for any music lover, and will become a classic, providing musical joy and enjoyment for years to come.
53 helpful votes
54 helpful votes
33 comments|Report abuse
on November 17, 2012
I love show tunes and I love Susan Boyle. Add Michael Crawford and Donny Osmond to the mix, and the result is incredible. None of the eleven tracks are disappointing, but I have become especially fond of the three duet tracks: "The Music of the Night" with Michael Crawford, and "All I Ask of You" and "This is the Moment" with Donny Osmond. The arrangements and orchestration take the listener from calm, almost ethereal at times, to soaring and back again. "Send in the Clowns" is almost mesmerizing - so beautiful. Susan Boyle has an incredible voice and she controls it so well. It is refreshing to listen to pure music that delivers expression, intensity, and spot-on pitch control without using auto-tune and overdone electronic manipulations, which so many artists lean on today. I simply know what I like and I recommend this CD. Kudos, Susan, for another great music album.
26 helpful votes
27 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on November 17, 2012
This album is astonishingly beautiful to listen to. I am amazed by how good Susan Boyle's voice actually is now. I expected Michael Crawford's voice to be great, but who knew (I sure didn't!)that Donny Osmond has a great voice too? Their three duets offer a pleasing contrast with Boyle's voice. Her seductive rendering of The Music of the Night will surprise anyone who thinks of her as a prudish church lady. I am thrilled that Boyle chose Eva Cassidy's version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow instead of Garland's, although there is a risk that in its position as the lead track, people not familiar with this arrangement may be initially put off the album by it. She somehow makes it heart-breaking and triumphant at the same time. I loved Agneta's (ABBA)original recording of The Winner Takes It All, but Boyle's rendition is powerful and full of suppressed emotional pain. Bring Him Home, Send In The Clowns, As Long As He Needs Me - so familiar yet so fresh here, each a polished gem, well-articulated and impressively sung. Out Here On My Own was one I didn't know before, but it is fast becoming a favorite. Memory - I can't help it, but I get chills every time when she hits "touch me," even though I know it's coming. She sings You'll Never Walk Alone more as the contemporary soccer club anthem it has become than as the old-lady tear-jerker from Carousel. The production values on this album are first rate as well - orchestral arrangements, sound quality, balance, track list, cohesion, album art - a magnificent musical achievement. Kudos to everyone involved.
32 helpful votes
33 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on August 5, 2017
As I said about Susan's Christmas CD, somehow, when there are a number of recordings of the same material in the firmament of music, it's the unique that moves the listener to paroxysms of joy. When the CD is OK, but not a knock out, you grope around looking for something good to say about an unexceptional recording. There's nothing here to throw rocks at, it's definitely not a bad recording, it's just not a magnificent recording. I should tell you here, that I collect original cast recordings whenever I can, and recordings of award winning revivals when I can't. Someone's selections of leading songs recorded as individuals taken from their musical peers just isn't my cup of tea, and my review will show that as this one does... RobtheElder
1 helpful vote
on November 14, 2012
I came to work early with this album. Put in on the computer and was in heaven listening to it. Students who come to my classroom early, I shushed as they came in. When it was over, they said "play it again". They LOVED this music. This was HS students!!! They loved this album. Susan's voice wins over everyone.
42 helpful votes
43 helpful votes
44 comments|Report abuse
on November 13, 2012
I love this album. I have been waiting for Memory since Susan sang it in the BGT semi. Wonderful duets, two with Donny Osmond and one with the Phantom himself, Michael Crawford. Susan sings with emotion, she feels the song.Standing Ovation is wonderful.
38 helpful votes
39 helpful votes
on March 1, 2013
This is the first album I have purchased of Susan's, but I did really enjoy it. It has a wide range of songs and most of them stayed pretty true to their origins, which I liked. I'm not a huge fan of when artists totally skew a song to try to make it something else. Some of these were different from the original, but not so much that I wanted to gouge my eyes out. She has a beautiful, classic, sweet-sounding voice. Very professional, very clean. I enjoyed it and will look for other things that she has done.
4 helpful votes