Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM March Birthstone Book House Cleaning SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 414 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 510 reviews
on March 11, 2017
Ok
on March 8, 2017
i love it so great
on December 3, 2012
i thoroghly enjoy listeniung to her sing a very retro feel and you can experance her emotions and why she feels the way she does
on February 18, 2014
She has a great voice. Has great music. I Listen to to this CD all the time. She is great.
on February 14, 2015
When the vinyl arrived, it was completely warped and unusable. Nowhere when I bought it did it say was it not useable and warped. Basically scammed me.
on December 3, 2012
First Lana Del Rey was "Born to Die", now she is in "Paradise". This 8-track EP is a consistent continuation of her debut album. "Paradise" is current but without that glossy, mainstream production. And yet it's old-fashioned but without sounding dated. "Born to Die" quickly became my favorite album of 2012 and I couldn't wait to get my hands on "Paradise"! There is only one song that doesn't grab my full attention, "Yayo" - probably because I've never been a fan of jazz music in my life. Lana does what she can with the ballad, it's messy in parts but Lana's voice is in fine form and I can't help but have a fondness for when she sings, "Let me put on a show for you tiger..." The first single, "Ride" - we find Lana reflecting on the darker side of her personality and the depths of loneliness, "I hear the birds on the summer breeze, I drive fast - I am alone at midnight. Been trying hard not to get into trouble but I've got a war in my mind, so I just ride..." On "Cola" which is her most x-rated song to date, she proudly admits she's got "a taste for men who are older..." And I love how Lana uses string arrangements all throughout the album just like she did on "Born to Die". There's even a gorgeous, classy cover of "Blue Velvet" which proves Lana has a lot of emotion and soul in her voice. "Gods and Monsters" is the best song on the album which explores the negative aspects of fame while "Bel Air" is the flipside, it has an airy, dream-like quality about how fame and success are the ultimate pay off. "American" is a beautiful ballad, easily one of Lana's most confessional songs so far. "Body Electric" didn't really resonate with me at first, it's strange, disjointed, and a little repetitive on the chorus but I've really grown to like this surprise gem, and I love the line, "Whitman is my daddy, Monaco's my mother, diamonds are my bestest friend. Heaven is my baby, suicide's her father, opulence is the end..." I really enjoyed this EP. Lana Del Rey is the breakout artist of the year for me. Her music and voice is so unique, there is no one like her...she's in a league all her own and thank goodness for that! I highly recommend "Paradise".
on January 19, 2015
This review isn't a poetic, overly complicated magazine-style review. I heard "Gods and Monsters" on American Horror Story (performed by Jessica Lange) and completely flipped for the song. I thought it was brilliant, seductive and catchy. I was thrilled to find out it was a "real" song so I purchased the album. In my past, music consumed me and told stories along my life. A trauma happened and I literally stopped listening to music for the most part for the last 10 years. I truly missed it but couldn't find an artist or album to charge me up the way music used to. This album gave me the music-rebirth that I needed. I LOVE every song. I can turn it up in my car and let it consume me. I'm a 38 year old mother so I am happy that Amazon sent me the "non-explicit" version so I can play it in front of my kids (and then log into prime to listen to the explicit version when they are sleeping). I haven't felt this way about an artist/album in ages and I am excited to give her other albums a try. Hopefully they are as captivating to me as this one is. (My personal favs are "Gods and Monsters" and "American"). Enjoy!
on August 22, 2014
This was bought for me by a person named Scott W. Allen whom i have never met. he used my name to create a false Amazon account so he could give him self a five star review of some stupid book that he wrote. I will listen to this album eventually and change my review after having listened to it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2016
I love her...she's gorgeous, and has a beautiful voice...but, she needs to mix it up a little bit. For the most part, her songs sound too much alike. I love them, but when they all sound like a slightly different variation of the same song...it gets kind of old. There are a few good songs on this album, though. I still love her and I will still buy her next album...I just hope she spices it up a little.
on January 11, 2017
I love this entire album- so I was extremely excited to find it on vinyl. It has a couple of her "hits" but I don't know that any of her popular radio plays are from this album if that's what you're looking for.. I'm just a huge fan of her music. The record itself has no frills (no pretty designed sticker, detailed label, ect) and the box looks exactly as pictured. The record arrived on time and was packed well as to not incur any damage while shipping. Would purchase from this vendor again!