Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer STEM March Birthstone Book House Cleaning heera heera avfly_channel_heera  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$9.99

Showing 1-10 of 253 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 340 reviews
on January 20, 2014
First CD of hers I've ever purchased. Really enjoyed it. Love the song with Blake Shelton. That's why I purchased this.
on November 21, 2012
I say this as someone who is not a Christina fan: I bought this album on a whim because I thought the single Your Body was catchy, and I love it. I have been playing it over and over. This is one of those albums that was made to be played LOUD and it's a blast. I have discovered my car's actually got sub-woofers! I suspect Christina Aquillera might be able to sing over top of taiko drums, live.

The record is very, very powerful. The Lotus Intro uses imagery more typically associated with the phoenix to declare a fresh start (and let's be serious: she had some personal issues in the last couple years and this album is a major bounce-back). There's a little autotune sfx in that song's background vocals, but it's just used to create an etheral feeling and doesn't detract. Autotune is not used much elsewhere. Army of Me is a self-empowerment rocker that Kelly Clarkson probably would have liked to record.

Once the war is won the party is started with Red Hot Kind of Love, and then Cee-Lo Green drops in for Make the World Move (though his part doesn't stand out too much, it's more of a cameo backing vocal really). Those two songs have what I call a baroque bombastic party feel with drums and horns that make me think of Mardi gras revelry. I guess when you have as big a voice as Christina you have to find material that you don't overpower and these are good examples of that. After that we're up to the single Your Body and then the celebratory Let There Be Love which continues the party vibe.

The album shifts downtempo with power ballad Sing for Me and Blank Page. Those are about the only 2 songs on the album that don't leave a strong impression on me, but more standout material quickly eclipse them. The tempo shifts up with a bit of Rihanna-esque dancey funk with Cease Fire and Around the World. Circles picks up a harder, more rock edge with a little autotuning that gives some of the backing vocals an "over the loudspeaker" quality. The album moves toward a climax with the building Best of Me which extols the virtue of remaining strong. Finally Lotus finishes with a duet with Blake Shelton, Just a Fool. Blake's vocals really stand out and we end up with a classic and very effective "he says/she says" power duet.

Overall, the album is simply amazing. Christina has her signature power vocal style but the material suits her voice and supports her. The style is overall pretty dancey - as in she's going to make you get up and move, not necessarily club style, though there is some of that. There are some great rock influences too. It took a while to move past listening to the first songs over and over and it was great when I found the whole album to be so consistent. Final thought: I should probably have bought the deluxe edition because I want some more of this.
44 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2012
Xtina is truly back in business with this release. Although many say "Bionic" was a horrible album I disagree. Lotus seems to blend Stripped with Bionic therefore creating a great sound/feel. It is hard to distinguish what is an Album filler and what is not because all of the songs have single potential. Xtina does a lot of vocal acrobatics over techno/sonic beats which gives us an amazing album not fitting into the mold of pop at the moment being that her voice outshines all the other contemporary pop artists.

STANDOUT TRACKS: Red Hot Kinda Love, Let there Be love, Just a Fool, and Army of Me. (The Lotus Intro is amazing as well)
on December 2, 2012
Christina Aguilera's new album is her most cohesive album in my opinion, though it is her least experimental album probably since her debut. But I understand why she played it safe, given the complaints she always gets about her albums being all over the place and too overwrought.

The standouts in my opinion are Lotus, Army of Me, Make the World Move, Your Body, Let There Be Love, Sing for Me, Blank Page, Just A Fool and Empty Words (on the deluxe). I love the light, ethereal vibe of Lotus (intro). It really sets the mood for the album. Army of Me is such an empowering song and very radio friendly. Make the World Move is a great collabo with Ceelo, though I wish there was more of him on the track. I love the pounding of the beat and it feels as if she brought that Back to Basics vibe to this current era. Your Body should have been a smash single, The beat is sick, fresh and very hard, hip hop sounding with a nice electro vibe, plus her vocals are insane. The bridge is a thumping, declaration of Ms. Aguilera.

Let There Be Love is a sleeper song. When I first heard the album, it sounded like filler to me since it has a generic "club" beat. However, once I saw her perform it live it really began to stand out to me. What stops it from being another generic club track is her voice. Similar to Whitney Houston, Christina knows how to take subpar material and give it new life.

Sing for Me reminds my why I became a Christina fan. Again, like Whitney and Etta James, she is a fearless singer. When Christina sings, "when I open my mouth, my whole heart comes out..." I get chills. Blank Page is one of her most sincere ballads. She sings it from such an honest place and it is so soulful without needing to riff from the top of her range to the bottom. I'm impressed.

Just A Fool just might be the best Pop duet I've heard in years. Blake and Christina harmonize so well and again, the vocals are from such a sincere place, they really highlight the lyrics. Empty Words really deserves to be on the actual album, another heartfelt Christina ballad. I love the lyrics to this song and it is also really catchy. Kind of reminds me of a P!nk or Kelly Clarkson ballad.

All in all, I see this album having longevity if Christina and her team play their cards right. Just A Fool is destined to be her biggest hit in a long time!
on November 30, 2012
First off- I never write reviews....not sure why, I just dont
I can't help but write about this album. I LOVE xtina in every way-and have hated the so called bad reviews of this and that about her over the past few yrs...seriously gimme a break, this girl is the real deal.
She lives life fully, with no shame, is a good person and one of the BEST artists ever in music. She can SING better than anyone, can dance, is beautiful and is an amazingly GOOD person.
This album shows ALL of that. Literally there is not ONE track that is not great....
Her voice transends..the lyrics are heartfelt and some super fun...and the beats can't get better
The ballets will make anyone have a good cry
This album has been playing on my stereo non stop, because right now it is exactly what I needed.
I can only imagine there are probably tons of people out there and are in a spot in there life that need a great album like this to lift them up
It does that- go get it, give it out as gifts and rock out...
thanks Xtina, I love you....we all do and like you already know being who you really are is all that counts in life.
long live pop music baby
on November 13, 2012
Xtina is one of the only few artists that is able to make me feel true emotions when listening to her ballads.. teary every time! Personally i didn't think Bionic was bad like critics were making it out to be. This album has so much potential, i really hope her management team will step up this time and release the songs more strategically to truly showcase them as the hits that they are!!
on November 24, 2012
Lotus is such an amazing album. It has a lot of great meaningful songs like "just a fool; blank page, light up the sky." We have such empowerment songs as "army of me, cease fire, lotus intro." Then we have some club banging songs as "let there be love, your body, make the world move." This album is great, it would not disappoint. This album is like stripped 2.0. If you really listen to the lyrics, you would understand what these songs convey.
on November 24, 2012
this album stays pretty consistant with its sound, in my opinion. it really focuses on being a "fighter". the songs that made the most impressions on me were the lotus into, blank page, and just a fool. it's a solid album and if you're a christina aguilera fan i think you'll definitely like it.
the reason i gave it four stars was because while i know an artist's sound changes through time, i wish there was a little more soul like there was on stripped.
on November 28, 2012
I'm a fan of Christina Aguilera and think she is one of the few talented artists out there amongst the young ones. I will admit that at first listen I didn't love the album, but it's really grown on me and I think it's a great change for Christina. "Army of Me," "Let There Be Love," "Just a Fool," "Light Up The Sky" and several other tracks will grow on you, I think. Good album for fans of hers.
on February 3, 2013
A lot of good songs on this album and a huge improvement from Bionic, which except for about three songs, was crap. I'm so over her I-look-so-good-and-I-hate-men-and-they-should-bow-to-me lyrics and this album has a lot less of that and much catchier beats.