Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on June 7, 2013
So you know where I am coming from in regards to my review, I upgraded from a HTC Titan so, to say the least, there is improvements in practically every phone feature for me.

The camera is stellar, it takes great 1080p video, and it can focus and take pictures in low-light. The auto-focus is fast. The only thing not improved over the HTC Titan is that the front-facing camera is still only 1.2mp.

The call quality is greatly improved - as there was a serious issue with the first batch of HTC Titans having extremely poor call quality. People are now telling me that they can hear me a lot better than before. The LTE data speeds are phenomenal. The phone itself is faster and moves through applications a lot quicker.

I like the feel of the phone, it rests better in my hand because of the curved back. It feels slightly heavier, but not that much compared to the HTC Titan. The screen is gorgeous and it is quite viewable in direct sunlight. I am extremely impressed because now I can take a picture is the sunny outdoors and not struggle to view the screen. I like the yellow color - as I can now find it in my purse..lol. It's a pretty, bright color. I was tiring of the black phones I've had. The glossy shell does not feel slippery to me, like some people have mentioned. The overall build quality feels and looks quite solid.

What I especially like about this phone is that it is a Nokia phone. They listen to their customers and are providing updates and fixes to their phones. HTC never sent out an update the entire two years I had it. When I first started using this phone (Lumia 920), I browsed through the settings and clicked on "phone update" and low and behold there was an update waiting for me. Nokia has proven to be a quality phone manufacturer and I will be sticking with them as long as they keep the quality up.
review imagereview image
on June 25, 2013
Nokia has always had the best sound and signal quality. Unfortunately, people in the US don't know Nokia well. In my opinion, a smartphone should be a good "phone" first and that's what Iphone and Galaxy are NOT. Their sound quality litterally sucks. If you are in a very noisy area, your Iphone or your Galaxy are useless. You should leave the place and go to a more quite place. Nokia has sophisticated noise reduction algorithms and gives you a very clear sound qulity in every environment.

If you haven't had a high quality phone before you won't realize what you are missing. Exactly like driving a Luxary car comparing to a Kia. If you have never used a good car, you will be okay with your Kia or Ford. Their noise doesn't bother you. their poor suspension system doesn't bother you, their uncomfortable seat doesn't bother you. However, if you drive a good car for a while you know how bad those cars are. My wife bought an Iphone and returned it in two weeks and I totally agreed with her that the sound quality of the Iphone was horrible.

It doesn't end there. This phone has the best quality camera, its display is amazing. The Microsoft live tile is very creative idea. The user interface is simply the best. It's beautiful and smooth. In fact iOS 7 is copying lots of things from Windows Phone. Apple always said they would never make a phone with bigger screens however, their next Iphone will have a 5" display. Put a Nokia Lumia 920 next to an Iphone and you will see how outdated the Iphone looks. All these things mean that Apple is so behind the technology/design now.

As of applications, there hasn't been anything that we missed in Windows Phone store. Most of people have fewer than 100 applications on their smart phones and there are more than 150,000 apps in WIndows Phone store now.
3 helpful votes
on October 14, 2013
I've had a Nokia in the past and was pleased with the quality, hand feel, and overall functionality, so I decided to give this one a shot. I specifically wanted a Windows phone.

The interface is great - intuitive and fairly easy to use. Set up was a snap. The only issue I had with this phone overall was sim card access. There is a small key you use to pop the latch to open the sim card slot. It is extremely difficult to make this work correctly. A google search will show that this is a common issue, and I hope Nokia has moved to address it in subsequent models.

The phone is MUCH larger than my last one, but I waited 3 years to get a new one so that's not a surprise. I found it fairly easy to adapt to the new size. The screen size is great - I can actually surf with this one - and the touch screen is pretty responsive as well. The onscreen keyboard is easy to use. For base functionality, it's great.

I find that the camera is excellent for portraits. I brought the phone to the beach when I took my granddaughters and got some extremely nice pictures - good enough to print and display. The conditions were high contrast and low light - it seemed to handle both quite well.

Overall, I'm extremely glad I got this phone. I am hoping to stay with the Nokia/Windows combination from now on.
on June 11, 2013
My parents were up for upgrading their phone and decided to get this since AT&T didn't have the 925 or 928. The camera is gorgeous. The screen is gorgeous as well. Back of the phone is a bit slippery, but it's acceptable. Phone is a bit wide, but I'm just being picky at this point. The fact that it has Chinese and ease of use were the reasons for the purchase.
on June 7, 2013
What can I say, this is my 2nd one. The other is the red. It is too bad that not more people like this phone. It must be something I missed on the other phone. Nice and solid design, looks good. Other may not like this phone I think because it came out a little late and people are already have a sense of loyalty to their brand. Give it time, I think Nokia will be more popular,
3 helpful votes
on February 16, 2017
Phone looks new and works great. Runs smooth and no problem connecting it to AT&T. All the apps I could want were available (Facebook, Netflix, Spotify, etc.) Really great price for a surprisingly awesome phone.
on February 28, 2017
Do not buy! My phone has overheated and burned up. I am trying to get this straightened out with Amazon. So far, nothing has happened. Very disappointed, very!
on January 15, 2017
After more than 30 but less than 90 days this phone stopped holding a charge. Now it is dead.
Neither Breed nor Amazon will do anything about it.
on August 21, 2013
beautiful phone. easy to use, durable, and priced right. had to search a little to find it in yellow and it was a little more expensive than other colors, but well worth it. only down side to windows phones; no sd expansion slot. no problem with this phone though, because it has 32G of memory! my desktop doesn't have that! awesome camera too. well done nokia.
on January 20, 2016
Good hard core phone.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.