Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nokia Lumia 920, Yellow 32GB (AT&T)
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on November 13, 2012
Really impressed.
Couldn't ask for more.
What I like the most:
Its super sensitive touch screen
Nokia City Lens (maps). Gorgeous!
Nokia Music, which puts its rivals to shame.
Nokia Pureview. Wont believe it. The pictures are amazing! 8.7 megapixels.
Its low-light performance. This alone makes it a must buy!
Its wireless charger, love it.
Battery life, excellent.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Thanks NOKIA!
44 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2012
Excellent phone! Would recommended to everyone! So happy with it!!!
Worth every minute of waiting! Thanks Nokia and MSFT!
Excellent apps, connection, good battery life and it looks INCREDIBLE!!!
Just its camera and maps makes it the phone of the year!
on November 17, 2012
This is one of the best phones I used in a while. I've had an iPhone 3.x and 4.x and the Nokia 900 over the past few years... and I really like each one of those phones. But, the Nokia 920 blows them all away! It feels solid in your hand. The screen is crisp and clear to read... even outside. The price point is absolutely unbelievable! The camera takes fantastic pictures! Wireless charging is something you won't be able to live without after you get it! I went for the Yellow 920 and I couldn't be happier. I love the glossy finish! Aside from feeling solid, it just feels nice to the touch! I'm very happy I didn't choose an extra row of icons, never mind the extra cost (the iPhone 5) over the Nokia 920! If you been considering going with a Windows Phone, you just need to go do it! You won't be sorry!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon November 20, 2012
I've had two Lumia 900s, both suffered drops that cracked the screen (though they also made it safely through quite a few drops, I am a klutz). So I decided to get the 920, and I am thrilled with it. It comes in some gorgeous colors (bright yellow!), and it has such a beautiful and sleek form factor that I'm loathe to put it in a case (hence my blue Lumia 900's vulnerability to drops). It gets excited looks and questions wherever I go. Last week I took it out during a meeting with about 15 of our marketing folks (predominantly young guys), and it ended up getting passed around the room with lots of positive chatter - until the conversation turned to apps. I agree, it has most of the apps I want, but not all of the ones that I used consistently on my iPhone, and that has been the downfall of Nokia phones in recent history.

The marketing campaign for the 900 was all about how everyone had been a smartphone beta tester, and this was the real deal. Followed closely by a software glitch bad enough that Nokia then gave a credit to everyone who bought a subsidized phone that made the phone FREE. I'm sad to say there are still some big problems with the Lumia line. This Lumia has had some rebooting issues, the short battery life is still a big letdown (you are running on vapors by the end of every day), and it's hefty. It fits in a pocket, but you really feel it, especially if you sit down. All in all, however, I do love this phone and I love having something that not everyone else has.

PROS

*Form Factor: it's different, and gorgeous, and a conversation starter. People want it, or want to try it.
*Camera: It has a great 8.7 megapixel camera with optical image stabilization (Carl Zeiss, as always with Nokia) and takes good images even inside my house even with curtains drawn. Sharp.
*Screen: 4.5 inch screen with gorilla glass, stunningly sharp 1280 x 760 resolution and blur reduction. It is also impressively sensitive. Nokia is based in Finland, and they have 10 months of cold. Nokia engineers have been very motivated to make a phone that can be used while wearing gloves.
*Operating System: The Windows operating system features bold, bright colors, animated images, and a very intuitive and easy interface. I try to restrict my conversations with friends because inevitably people ask to play with the pretty interface and seem to have no qualms about opening my personal email, work email, and texts. I'm still not sure how much I like it that this phone is so attractive and attracting that it makes people forget boundaries.
*Responsiveness: Superb. It has a dual-core processor, but it's optimized to run smoothly on slower chips. 60 fps screen refresh rate. It's zippy in most everything you do. 4G/LTE supported.
*Maps: best in the business, and Nokia Drive is awesome. I used the 920 when I was in Chicago and it got me where I wanted to go via buses (I know, I'm cheap) every day with no issues (bus times, stop locations, etc).
*Some sweet extras: wireless charging and near field communication. And they finally give you a way to resize your tiles, a lack that annoyed me with the 900. Also interfaces with my Xbox 360. I still can't set up my TV programs to record (via my cable provider) like I could with my iPhone however.
*Sound: one of the things that seems improved - music quality is not bad if I forget my headphones and I can carry on business calls via speaker.
*Price: a LOT cheaper than an iPhone.

CONS

*Size: heavy, big in your pocket and just slightly too big to be comfortable in your hand.
*Battery: you know that sinking feeling you get when you have a low battery warning at the end of the day and there is something important you have to do with the phone that you may not be able to if you can't get to a charger. Yes, it's a jaw-droppingly beautiful display, but this is the result.
*Operating System: Still some glitches. Nokia did spit out the Lumia line pretty quickly after the partnership with Microsoft was inked, and they are still on an aggressive timeline. The company is in trouble, and clearly is trying to strike the balance between getting this phone into people's hands while still maintaining quality.
*My plea to Nokia: I want to see the time/date and notifications without activating the phone. I loved the N9 for that. Please bring that functionality to Lumia.
on November 19, 2012
What an amazing phone, but the yellow stole my heart. The Windows phones seem to be leading the way when it comes to color, and why not? They are special and unique phones, why shouldn't they stand out? Of all the flavors of 920 you can get, the Yellow is the stand out.

Back to the phone. By now you've heard about how great the case is. I really like the curve that molds the phone to my hand. I'm torn though. The case is strong enough to keep as is, but can I afford to see my yellow phone scuffed? Torn. If I get a skin, it will be clear.

What an OS. The Windows Phone 7 OS was innovative, fast and a breeze to use. The 920 is in all ways even better. No matter the OS you come from, you will love Windows 8. Who would have thunk it that Microsoft would be the lead innovator? Yet we've seen with Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 and Surface that it's true.

Get this phone, or a color of your choice. You won't regret it.
on December 8, 2012
Nokia Lumia 900 was OK, but Lumia 920 will surpass your expectations!

One thing you will love immediately is the Screen. It is gorgeous, bright and crisp!

Windows Phone 8 makes the 920 look even better with all the tiles in the Home Screen. Your home screen isn't just a screen with static icons anymore! Yes, you might not find some of your favorite apps if you are moving from iPhone, but if you are looking for something new, fresh and something that reflects YOU, then you should try Windows Phone. Lumia 920 is a great device to give that chance.

Camera is another feature that you will love! Cinmeagraph is fun! And the photo quality is great!

I did notice few issues with battery and Bluetooth usage. There are also some reports of constant reboots in the Nokia forums, but I haven't experienced those. Nokia Drive Beta app is the culprit that drains your battery like anything! But hey, its a beta app and I think it is expected. With regards to Bluetooth, sometimes it will not connect to my car's Bluetooth. Will have to switch off and switch on Bluetooth to make it work. Just to be clear that these issues might very well be related to the OS and Nokia can fix it with an update.

It does not have a SD card extension but hey you get a massive 32GB storage! You can store a lot of things with 32GB! And with apps like SkyDrive, Box etc., you can keep your contents in the cloud so you can access it across your other devices.

And yes, NFC Tap + Send is AWESOME! :)
on June 7, 2013
What can I say, this is my 2nd one. The other is the red. It is too bad that not more people like this phone. It must be something I missed on the other phone. Nice and solid design, looks good. Other may not like this phone I think because it came out a little late and people are already have a sense of loyalty to their brand. Give it time, I think Nokia will be more popular,
on June 7, 2013
So you know where I am coming from in regards to my review, I upgraded from a HTC Titan so, to say the least, there is improvements in practically every phone feature for me.

The camera is stellar, it takes great 1080p video, and it can focus and take pictures in low-light. The auto-focus is fast. The only thing not improved over the HTC Titan is that the front-facing camera is still only 1.2mp.

The call quality is greatly improved - as there was a serious issue with the first batch of HTC Titans having extremely poor call quality. People are now telling me that they can hear me a lot better than before. The LTE data speeds are phenomenal. The phone itself is faster and moves through applications a lot quicker.

I like the feel of the phone, it rests better in my hand because of the curved back. It feels slightly heavier, but not that much compared to the HTC Titan. The screen is gorgeous and it is quite viewable in direct sunlight. I am extremely impressed because now I can take a picture is the sunny outdoors and not struggle to view the screen. I like the yellow color - as I can now find it in my purse..lol. It's a pretty, bright color. I was tiring of the black phones I've had. The glossy shell does not feel slippery to me, like some people have mentioned. The overall build quality feels and looks quite solid.

What I especially like about this phone is that it is a Nokia phone. They listen to their customers and are providing updates and fixes to their phones. HTC never sent out an update the entire two years I had it. When I first started using this phone (Lumia 920), I browsed through the settings and clicked on "phone update" and low and behold there was an update waiting for me. Nokia has proven to be a quality phone manufacturer and I will be sticking with them as long as they keep the quality up.
review image review image
on October 14, 2013
I've had a Nokia in the past and was pleased with the quality, hand feel, and overall functionality, so I decided to give this one a shot. I specifically wanted a Windows phone.

The interface is great - intuitive and fairly easy to use. Set up was a snap. The only issue I had with this phone overall was sim card access. There is a small key you use to pop the latch to open the sim card slot. It is extremely difficult to make this work correctly. A google search will show that this is a common issue, and I hope Nokia has moved to address it in subsequent models.

The phone is MUCH larger than my last one, but I waited 3 years to get a new one so that's not a surprise. I found it fairly easy to adapt to the new size. The screen size is great - I can actually surf with this one - and the touch screen is pretty responsive as well. The onscreen keyboard is easy to use. For base functionality, it's great.

I find that the camera is excellent for portraits. I brought the phone to the beach when I took my granddaughters and got some extremely nice pictures - good enough to print and display. The conditions were high contrast and low light - it seemed to handle both quite well.

Overall, I'm extremely glad I got this phone. I am hoping to stay with the Nokia/Windows combination from now on.
on June 25, 2013
Nokia has always had the best sound and signal quality. Unfortunately, people in the US don't know Nokia well. In my opinion, a smartphone should be a good "phone" first and that's what Iphone and Galaxy are NOT. Their sound quality litterally sucks. If you are in a very noisy area, your Iphone or your Galaxy are useless. You should leave the place and go to a more quite place. Nokia has sophisticated noise reduction algorithms and gives you a very clear sound qulity in every environment.

If you haven't had a high quality phone before you won't realize what you are missing. Exactly like driving a Luxary car comparing to a Kia. If you have never used a good car, you will be okay with your Kia or Ford. Their noise doesn't bother you. their poor suspension system doesn't bother you, their uncomfortable seat doesn't bother you. However, if you drive a good car for a while you know how bad those cars are. My wife bought an Iphone and returned it in two weeks and I totally agreed with her that the sound quality of the Iphone was horrible.

It doesn't end there. This phone has the best quality camera, its display is amazing. The Microsoft live tile is very creative idea. The user interface is simply the best. It's beautiful and smooth. In fact iOS 7 is copying lots of things from Windows Phone. Apple always said they would never make a phone with bigger screens however, their next Iphone will have a 5" display. Put a Nokia Lumia 920 next to an Iphone and you will see how outdated the Iphone looks. All these things mean that Apple is so behind the technology/design now.

As of applications, there hasn't been anything that we missed in Windows Phone store. Most of people have fewer than 100 applications on their smart phones and there are more than 150,000 apps in WIndows Phone store now.