Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 153 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 175 reviews
on January 29, 2013
Yeah, I know there are 11 months left. But sometimes an album is everything you want your music to be. "Finally Home" is just that! I've been a huge fan of Georgia Middleman and Gary Burr for a long time from their Nashville stuff. And I've seen Kenny Loggins at least 5 times in concert over the years. To have their talents combined into one group is an awesome premise to begin with. They take that premise and make it work...magically. Immaculately crafted (mostly inspiring and uplifting) pop with a California Country edge, driven by their truly otherworldly harmony blend. What The Mamas and Papas were to the 60s? What Fleetwood Mac was to the 70s and 80s? It's not a stretch to put BSR in that category for today's scene. If you like country groups like Little Big Town or Lady Antebellum, you'll love BSR as well. Favorite tracks? SO many! "Little Victories", "Dream", "Feeling Brave", "Just Say Yes"... But this album is chock full of beauties from tracks 1 to 15. My ears are..well..finally home!
on February 3, 2013
First of all, full disclosure: Kenny Loggins has been a friend for many years. That said, check my history, I have never reviewed any of his music before, in fact this is my first review of any kind.
I love Blue Sky Riders "Finally Home". Everyone I know who has heard it loves it. There will almost certainly be some who don't. For example, you may be the type of person for whom the idea of three world-class songwriters inspiring and challenging each other to new heights is not compelling. Or let's just say you don't like the thought of melodies that walk around with you all day, whether you are listening to them or not. Maybe you are not moved by harmonies so intricate, and so perfect they actually give you goose bumps. Or maybe you are uncomfortable with the ethos of this album, in fact the guiding principle of this band: the thought that it is never too late to make something spectacular happen in your life. Those people may not love "Finally Home". To the other 95 percent of you I think this CD will be the most wonderful, unexpected musical gift you have had in a long time.

To those who have taken the time to read this review, I can only say thank you. To those who read this review and decide to give Blue Sky Riders "Finally Home" a shot, I can only say, you're welcome.
on February 9, 2013
Being, admittedly, a bit past the age of nightclubs and late nights, it has long been this music lover's beef that
the current and recent crop of artists were not. So little good songwriting and even less great musicianship.
Having impatiently waited for this release for what seems like months, I can now say that great music, great songwriting and great musicianship
now have a new paradigm - Blue Sky Riders.
I wondered if this would be Kenny's band. Nope - these guys are a tight, cohesive, close to brilliant amalgam of pure harmonies and effervescent
tunes. Each member critical to the whole. The whole much better than any of the parts.
My faith is restored and I have ordered another copy. Pretty sure I will wear this one out.
on February 1, 2013
Tonight I had my first chance to sit and listen to the new Blue Sky Riders’ CD Finally Home. I have read several rave reviews, and was expecting quite a bit. It blew me away. I have always been a Kenny Loggins fan and I through the little samples I have heard I knew love both Gary Burr’s & Georgia Middleman’s voice. Everything the reviews said was true. Musically it is amazing. The lyrics are insightful and mirror much of my journey the last year or so. Overriding all the critical elements that might be included in a review written by head (which all are wonderful) is the reaction of my heart. This album has me grinning. It makes my heart happy. I may decide on a favorite song or two, but right now it is simple a joy to listen to the whole album…over and over and over……
on July 16, 2013
If you are a fan of Kenny Loggins' solo career, you may be initially resistant to the country influence on this new album. You owe it to yourself to give Blue Sky Riders a chance and a second listen (although it only took once for me). Kenny Loggins has made a great decision to work with two other terrific songwriters, Georgia Middleman and Gary Burr. The talent in this trio really shines in this album. The vocal harmonies are very appealing, and Georgia's voice is especially captivating. The album is full of energy and has a very optimistic tone. Dream is an inspirational anthem, especially for those of us who have passed midlife but still have plenty of aspirations and expectations. Kenny said at their season opening concert at the Britt Festival that he began writing it after being told by record execs that he was too old to start a new band. He's not. I'm a Rider is a very catchy tune showcasing their harmonies (been singing it in my head for over a week); it is Top Ten material if someone will give them an opportunity. I'm Feeling Brave and Little Victories are other standouts, but honestly most of the songs are quite good. Plus they all seem like down-to-earth people who are genuinely happy to be performing. Try to see them in concert this summer; you'll enjoy them.
on August 2, 2013
Whew! Just got the CD and haven't stopped listening. There's so much energy in this record!! Thanks, Peter Asher and thanks, Kenny, Georgia and Gary, for the passion you've put into this collaboration. Sounds like you have been playing together for years, as Kenny notes, referring to Mr. Burr as his musical "brother." And Georgia, you DO make a 4th voice through your three soaring, beautiful harmonies! The songwriting is just so great. The whole record dances and sounds as if you have been positively itching to work together; these tunes just overflow with lyrical and musical magic.

I've seen Mr. Loggins multiple times in NE Ohio, including Blossom Music Center last century and his gig supporting the Cleveland Clinic HeartThrob Ball a couple years ago. I almost can't get my mind around his multiple personalities, from his brilliant vinyl folkish days "Sittin' In" with Jim Messina to his mega-volt electric Danger Zone, Don't Fight It and Caddyshack successes. But they all WORK and in total he's got one of the richest catalogs in music. This CD belongs right up near the top, too.

Kenny's powerful voice, shining out acoustically and electrically through the decades of his music, has never changed. Now, it's amplified through Blue Sky Riders - make no mistake, Georgia and Gary are supremely talented singers and players - and I am certain he takes pride in this new experience, as he has in his previous musical journeys. What a career, and we are so blessed to have the opportunity to enjoy fresh songs through this new incarnation. Gushing?? You bet! The CD is simply spectacular. Last thing. This new trio reminds me very much of Art Garfunkel's trio CD from several years ago, Everything Waits to be Noticed, with the fantastic Maia Sharp and Buddy Mondlock. It is 5+stars as well. Three voices making music that sounds like a whole choir! Please consider that record as well, if you like a familiar, unforgettable voice such as Kenny's and Art's, paired with dynamic new voices. Now for comment about BSR's performance in Kent, OH, at the Kent Stage recently. FUN was the operative term. In addition to the beautiful music from this CD, supercharged with the energy the trio and the fine band had in the live setting, I am thrilled to say that Kenny Loggins STILL has it!! At 65, doing the fourth of four shows in a row, with strong voice and so much energy! Then, after the sweaty BSR set, he goes out and gives 90 more minutes of brilliance, showcasing his spectacular career and featuring sweet new arrangements of his best-known songs. And Kenny seems so humble while talking about Grammy awards and co-writing experiences with other superstars. Gary and Georgia are also multi-award winners, of course, and I was so struck by the shared enthusiasm on the stage while singing the songs. GREAT CD, even better live, if you can see them!!
on August 25, 2015
I went to "Night of the Proms" in Grand Prairie, TX in 2014 to see Kenny Loggins (among others) perfom. It was SUPER enjoyable and I'm looking forward to the next tour with a new group of artists.
Anyway, after the show I started searching the internet for Kenny's bio and and discovered he was a member of a band , The Blue Sky Riders. While they had been out there for a while , it was the first time I'd heard of them. Either I don't listen to the right radio stations, or the stations don't know where to put them. Needless to say, I bought their CD and ended up supporting their Kickstarter drive to finance their next CD. I liked their music that much.
The vocals are tight, the instrumentals are right and you can identify with the lyrics. It feels good.
Can't wait for their next CD which is in the works as I write this. Kenny, Gary and Georgia, what a trio.
on September 2, 2013
I'm probably like a lot of other people - I first listened to the Blue Sky Riders because of Kenny Loggins. I'd never heard of Georgia Middleman or Gary Burr. But put the three together, and it's really, really good. I'm really struck by the great songwriting and the incredible harmonies - they're open and soaring, makes you feel like you could fly!

I think they're classified as country (and there is some), but overall I think I'd call them adult contemporary. The songs practically ooze "life experience" (the three aren't kids), and so they're richer than a lot of what I hear today. "Dream", for example. I really doubt it could have been written by a 19-year-old. Kenny Loggins has "been there" and "done that". It's real. And it's real good. The whole album is. (Did I say "album"? Guess that makes me "not a kid", too!)

Other notables are "I'm A Rider (Finally Home)" and "Feelin'Brave" - both top down cruising songs. And "A Thousand Wild Horses" is beautiful and sad - the sound is a little reminiscent of "Bo Jangles". "How About Now" is full-out country. I dare you not to tap your foot or bob your head!

Buy it.
on August 14, 2013
A WORK OF TALENTED ARTISTS THAT IS AWARD WORTHY--Kenny Loggins-one of the most talented artists of our time, joining up with Georgia Middleman and Gary Burr to form Blue Sky Riders - a brilliant move. Three successful song writers unite in this award worthy CD. I purchased it because I trusted Kenny Loggins choices in music. It is a blend-not straight country. Each song is a classic, each a realistic presentation of life experiences. Little Victories contains beautiful vocals of Georgia Middleman, and this piece will bring tears-it is a very touching expression of the emotions one experiences with a loss within their life. Gary Burr, the award winning song writer, finally gets to display his talents that extend beyond writing on stage. Then there is Kenny-that unique and amazing voice that has been presented and enjoyed in our musical history for decades. The BSR adventure is another display of the unlimited range of his talents. On the CD, "Dream" is an answer to the false impression that age is a negative factor in a person's ability. Just Say Yes - an optimistic view of a new relationship. The refreshing harmony of these voices is perfection.
on January 29, 2013
Having been a loyal fan of Loggins and Messina, I just couldn't believe when an old disc jockey friend emailed me with a link of some LIVE Blue Sky Riders April 2012. I was blown away by their backstage, warm-up harmonies. I started to watch the tour schedule and jumped on the chance to see them perform the now available CD LIVE last September. If you were ever a fan of the likes of Poco, Loggins and Messina and even America, you are just going to love this band and their first CD. They sing together like they have always been together. FINALLY....new music for me.....and I thought I'd have to stay stuck listening to oldies.