Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 3,728 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,175 reviews
on November 19, 2014
While I was never a habitué of video games, there are so many that I do remember simply because they were literally everywhere. The story here is a straightforward one. Wreck it Ralph is a bad guy, alone and literally despised by his neighbors because he wrecks their building, but at heart, he really not a bad guy. He had been literally moved off his home and shoved to the side into the dump, because of "eminent domain" a fact most watchers can empathize with, and his rage is justified. The game he is in is "Fix it Felix Jr." And the star of this game gets the pie, the awards , the friends, and the up coming anniversary party. The fact that Ralph is literally left out in the cold does not set well with him and he is longing to be at least, a part of everything going on around him because he is part of the game. After an argument he decides only a medal, like Felix's will at least give him some of what he wants and so he goes to seek one by jumping into a game called Hero's Duty. He manages to acquire one, but when he leaves, he brings big trouble with him when he takes a space cruiser and crashes into a game called Sugar Rush. It is here that he finds a down and out glitch called Vanelllope Von Schweetz, who steals his medal in order to enter a race. In trying to get his medal back, he discovers a dark secret concerning the reigning ruler, King Kandy who is fiercely obsessed with keeping Vanellope from ever racing at all, and despite the fact that he is Wreck it Ralph, he must step out of his element in order to help set things right by doing what he does best and shows great heart in doing so.
on January 20, 2015
This is one of the best movies disney has made recently, seriously adults can not only sit thru this with their kids but will probably enjoy as much, if not more than the kid. Its about a video game villain who decides he no longer wants to be bad amd tries to enter other games looking for the opportunity to be a hero. Ralph comes from an older 8 bit atari type game, other games he visits range from n64 era to ultra modern call of duty type games. I love this concept and story line and all of the references to real games were great! Theyve made many nods to classics. This movie is really great for the whole family. My husband hates watching kids movies but i made him give it a chance and he really enjoyed this one. I've even heard him recommend it to friends who dont even have kids. weve wached it a few times over with our 14 month old. This really touched us as were 80s kids, and my son loves the animated characters and can follow the story even without any fore knowlege or history. This really is an all ages movie. My son first saw the movie at 7 months old and the colorful scenery and action really held his attention more than any other movie ive ever shown him since. It was his very first movie and is now his all time favorite. His 8 and 10 year old cousins really enjoy it too.
on November 14, 2016
We love this movie! Great for adults and kids. It did not skip once. It was a great price. We had to buy this for our blue ray Disney collection. We are a Disney family. The kids love it and my husband can quote parts of it (if not all). Good family movie. There’s nothing to worry about your children seeing something you don’t want them to see. Great buy!
We love the story about Wreck-It Ralph. All he wants is not to be treated badly. He goes on a journey to be accepted by the people of his game and he makes some new friends along the way. He eventually finds a way to enjoy his job and is finally accepted! It was fun to see the games I loved come to life.
on May 31, 2017
This is one of the most unique and clever story lines I have ever encountered. The animation and voices are perfect for the characters. This is one of our very favorites for our grandkids to watch. They keep replaying it.
VINE VOICEon March 21, 2013
This will be my 300th review on Amazon, and I saved it for something truly special, and that something special is Wreck-It Ralph. It is my new favorite movie, taking the crown from my last favorite movie, which reigned from 1995 until 2013. I was so awestruck by this movie that after we rented it, we bought the HD digital version from Amazon Instant Video before it was available on disc, and watched it over and over again, and I have now bought the movie on blu-ray as well (Disney is getting their money out of me) so I can watch it without having to wait for things to buffer :)

This movie resonated with me in ways that I haven't experienced in a long, long time. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING "clicked" perfectly for me with this movie. I realize that just because I love a movie, doesn't mean everyone else will, but I will try to explain below my reasons why I love it, in the hopes that people who may not have wanted to give this movie a chance, will do so.

First, the sound is just perfect. If you played video games in the 1980s, you will immediately recognize the sounds they use in the movie, and that will raise the nostalgia level for you. They also integrate those same types of sounds into the music, making the whole movie "feel" like a video game.

Second, the themes in the movie of the misunderstood "bad guy" and the underdog situations are very compelling to me. [Minor spoiler] And being the father of an adopted daughter, I empathized strongly with Ralph adopting Vanellope and looking after her, and putting her goals and needs above his. I think anyone who has cared for a child will resonate with that theme.[/END: Minor spoiler]

Third, the voice acting is superb. I love, LOVE Sarah Silverman, and having her voice Vanellope was just beyond genius. She has one of those voices that I would recognize anywhere, like James Earl Jones -- it is instantly recognizable. Even the supporting cast got great voice actors that fit their characters well. I especially loved Alan Tudyk's take on King Candy as a modified Mad Hatter-type character (he has stated himself that he based his character's performance on the Ed Wynn's Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland).

Fourth, I loved Calhoun (the tough female soldier). I love that she is a nail-biting no-nonsense soldier who also feels vulnerable on the inside when someone calls her a "dynamite gal." Her side story with Felix is very believable and very touching at times.

Fifth, I loved the idea of "Bad Anon" as a support group for "bad guys" in games, and seeing old favorites from Mortal Kombat, Mario, and even Pac-Man sitting around and sharing about how they "may be bad guys, but, that doesn't make them ... bad ... guys..." :)

Sixth, I really can't get enough of the "Toy Story" idea of what's-going-on-when-we're-not-looking? They said so themselves in the special features of the blu-ray that they were exploring that trope with this movie, and I am more than OK with that. I find it fascinating to think of video game characters living out separate lives from their games once the humans go away ... and they've barely scratched the surface of gaming! There are MMORPGs, console games, handheld games, phone games, Flash games, and more to still explore. I can see all kinds of possibilities for a sequel.

Finally, I loved the ending.
[Moderate Spoiler Warning]
There are certain kinds of human actions that I think most people will say captivate their attention, send shivers running up and down their spine, and invoke a certain kind of awe -- and I would say that self sacrifice for the greater good (a'la Spock) or for a loved one, tend to rank the highest in our admiration. The moment where Ralph makes the tough decision and realizes what the greater importance is, and what kind of honor and medals truly count, and then acts on it, is a fantastic one. The music of the moment is perfect, and the build-up to the moment is perfect, and the resolution to the action is perfect. (See, I didn't spoil it too badly ^_-)
[/END: Moderate Spoiler Warning]

In my opinion, Disney hit it out of the ballpark with this one. I was mildly surprised to see that Disney was behind the movie when it came out, and impressed. They have certainly come a long way from Home on the Range (widely considered to be not just one of the worst Disney movies of all time, but one of the worst animated movies of all time).

I own this movie, and I love it. It is a rare gem. It is heartwarming, family-friendly comedy/action/adventure with a video game twist. There is no swearing (although there is a bit of juvenile bathroom humor I could have done without), there is no serious violence (the only things that get truly hurt or killed in the movie are monster bugs, and Disney-villains, and they just vaporize when they die), and there are no serious dark elements to the movie. It is a movie you can put on when you want to feel better about the world, and it is my new favorite movie.

5 stars.
on March 5, 2013
Have you ever felt like you were stuck in a role you never wanted to play? Constantly subjected to scorn and ridicule simply for performing the only task available to you? What if you could change that?

Fix-it Felix Jr. has been a popular game in Litvak's for years. The hero and titular character, Felix (voiced by Jack McBrayer) has a magic hammer that can repair any damage done by the game's villain, Ralph. When the game is over, Felix is given a medal while Ralph (voiced by John C. Reilly) is tossed off the roof by the tenants of the building he failed to destroy. When the arcade closes and the game is turned off, Ralph returns to his home atop a garbage heap in the nearby dump. For recreation, he visits Tapper's, a vintage game that assigns the player the role of a bartender. Also, upon our introduction to the story, Ralph makes his first visit to a support group for video game villains. Among the villains in attendance at Bad-Anon, we see M. Bison and Zangief from Street Fighter (voiced by Gerald C. Rivers and director Rich Moore respectively), a ghost from Pac-Man (voiced by Kevin Deters), and a zombie (Raymond Persi). During that meeting, he announces he no longer wants to be a bad guy. With the 30th anniversary of Fix-it Felix Jr., the tenants throw a party and "forget" to invite Ralph. Ralph crashes the party, in every sense of the word, and leaves soon after. Before he's left, he vows to return with a medal, something denied him by Felix and the tenants of the building he destroys. He seizes the opportunity to travel to a new game, a first-person shooter game called Hero's Duty, when a character from that game passes out in the bathroom. While at the center of Hero's Duty, Ralph is overwhelmed by the violence in modern games and refuses to heed the orders of his superior, Sergeant Calhoun (voiced by Jane Lynch). Once the arcade closes and the game ends, Ralph decides to forego the usual hurdles of Hero's Duty and steal the medal typically awarded to the winner. After stealing the medal and, unwittingly, bringing a menacing enemy insect known as a Cy-bug with him, Ralph heads to the kart-racing game Sugar Rush. It's there that he encounters the perpetually glitchy and terminally annoying Vanellope von Schweetz (voiced by Sarah Silverman). Despite the initial friction, Ralph and Vanellope (Silverman) bond over their shared status as outcasts.

There is, of course, more to the story including Felix's pursuit of Ralph into the various other games and his budding romance with the no-nonsense Sergeant Calhoun, the true origin of Silverman's character, and an eventual revolt in the world of Sugar Rush. All of it, and I do mean all of it, had me riveted. I will say that, as a fan of old-style video games, I would've preferred seeing the character of Ralph travel to more than just the two different games besides his. Regardless of my criticisms, Wreck-It Ralph is hilariously entertaining and fun for viewers of all ages. Check it out.
on November 24, 2013
This week for family movie night my 9 year old son chose Wreck-It Ralph. I guess I had not paid any attention to the trailer when the movie was release, I had no idea the movie was about video games. Had I known it was about video games I would not have watched it and missed out on a very good movie!
Wreck-It Ralph is about a video game villian who is tired of always being the bad guy. On his mission to become good he travels through other video games trying to win a medal, because only good guys get the medals. Once he gets to Sugar Rush Ralph learns what it truly means to be a good guy by helping an adorable "glitch." I think the storyline while Ralph is in the Sugar Rush game is very touching, and my 7 year old daughter loved this part of the movie. Ralph learns that it is not always bad to be a bad guy.
Even tho the movie had a predictable ending I do not believe it hurt Wreck-It Ralph at all!!
And Yes, I admit it, even though I would not have chosen this movie on my own, I have already watched it more than once- in just the 2 days since we downloaded it from Amazon Prime!!
on February 5, 2016
Great price for this awesome Disney Bluray combo pack. I purchased this movie on Amazon because the price was a lot cheaper than it is at my local stores. I also received free 2 day shipping because I am an Amazon Prime member. I am very happy with my purchase and I will definitely buy movies from Amazon again!
on October 26, 2014
A clever movie, with fantastic characters and visual effects and a story that lives up to Pixar standards
A brief summary of the movie; wreck it ralph is the bad guy in the video game at an arcade. He becomes tired of being the bad guy and being ostracized for it. He comes to find the only way that the other people in the game would accept him is if he won a medal. However, only the good guys win medals, and he is the bad guy in his game. So, he decides to venture into the other games at the arcade, to win his medal and be accepted. That's the basic premise, but much past there is spoilers.
The characters are really well written, they have traits about them that are charming, and traits which are dislikeable as well. Ultimately a lot of them come off as endearing characters you can identify with.
The plot and visuals lives up to all the standards you'd expect from a pixar movie, and I think this movie was particularly more interesting, especially since it made clever renditions of video games
All in all, great movie, a good watch for just about any audience
on December 9, 2013
Ralph is a home wrecker. Or at least he is an apartment wrecker, climbing the same apartment building for years, smashing windows and breaking masonry, only to be followed by Fix-it-Felix who repairs the damage with a magical golden hammer. After a hard day's work, what do video game characters do? Like the toys in Toy Story, they kick back and relax, leading their own lives until the arcade opens again tomorrow. Ralph's video game has reached the implausible age of 30, and the resident characters are having a party to celebrate. But they have not invited Ralph, who lives in a junk pile of broken bricks across the street from the apartment.

Ralph is despondent about his role as designated bad guy, and even attends a group therapy session for video bad guys. He's advised to follow the philosophy "I'm bad, and that's good." But he wants to be recognized as a hero, and starts by going to Game Central, a kind of Grand Central Station where video characters can shop and recreate on their days off. It also offers the forbidden opportunity to access other video games in order to confirm his heroism. In a combat video he wrecks his way to a medal, but has it stolen by a villain and carried off to yet another video game in Candyland. The King here is a cross between the Mad Hatter and the Wizard of Oz, and just too goody-goody to be true.

The big auto race known as the Sugar Rush is coming up, and here we encounter an archetype from Disney, the neglected Princess with a fatal flaw. Will Ralph become a hero? Will he rescue the Princess? Will his game avoid the dreaded un-plugging that results from becoming obsolete? Tune in to Wreck-It Ralph for the answers to these and other exciting problems that face the denizens of videoland.

This offering from Disney is fast, colorful, and features a host of characters that are interesting without quite becoming loveable. They teach kids by example that you can improve yourself if you try hard enough, and that obstacles and even personal flaws ("glitches") can be overcome.